ABSENOR (DEPAKOTE) INDICATIONS
Absenor is used to treat numerous sorts of seizure disorders. It is in some cases utilized along with other seizure medicines. It is likewise utilized to treat the manic phase of bipolar affective disorders (manic-depressive illness), and also to avoid migraine frustrations. Absenor impacts chemicals in the body that may be involved in triggering seizures.
ABSENOR (DEPAKOTE) GUIDELINES
Use Absenor as guided by your medical professional.
- Take Absenor by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset takes place, take with food to lower tummy irritability.
- Ingest Absenor entire. Do not damage, crush, or eat prior to swallowing.
- Drink plenty of water while you are taking Absenor. Your dose could have to be changed if you do not obtain adequate liquids every day.
- Do not quit taking Absenor instantly, particularly if you are taking Absenor to stop seizures. Suddenly quiting Absenor may trigger severe seizures to happen. If you have to quit Absenor, your medical professional will slowly reduce your dosage.
- Taking Absenor at the very same time daily will assist you bear in mind to take it.
- Continuously take Absenor even if you really feel well. Do not miss out on any dosage. Absenor works best when there is a consistent level of it in your body.
- If you miss a dosage of Absenor, take it immediately. If it is practically time for your next dosage, miss the missed out on dosage as well as return to your routine application routine. Do not take 2 dosages at the same time.
Ask your healthcare service provider any questions you may have regarding the best ways to use Absenor.
ABSENOR (DEPAKOTE) STORAGE
Keep Absenor between 68 and 77 levels F (20 and 25 levels C). Store far from warmth, moisture, and light. Do not store in the washroom. Keep Absenor out of the reach of kids and also away from pet dogs.
ABSENOR (DEPAKOTE) EVEN MORE INFO:
- you dislike any kind of component in Absenor
- you have liver issues or a urea cycle problem.
Contact your medical professional or healthcare company as soon as possible if any of these put on you.
Some medical problems might engage with Absenor. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any type of medical conditions, especially if any of the complying with apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, preparing to end up being expecting, are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have hatreds medicines, foods, or other compounds
- if you have a background of alcoholic abuse, liver issues, metabolic illness, blood illness, HIV infection, cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection, high blood degrees of ammonia or glutamine, reduced body temperature level, low degrees of albumin, mind troubles (eg, organic mind illness), mental retardation, inflammation of the pancreas, kidney issues, or low levels of white blood cells, or if you are scheduled for surgical treatment
- if you have a background of ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency or unusual coma
- if you have a family members history of urea cycle problems or inexplicable crib death
- if you have a history of psychological or mood problems (eg, anxiety), or self-destructive thoughts or activities
- if you take other medication for seizures.
Some medicines could connect with Absenor. Inform your health care company if you are taking any other medications, particularly any one of the following:
- Benzodiazepines (eg, diazepam), carbamazepine, erythromycin, felbamate, fluoxetine, guanfacine, isoniazid, ketoconazole, risperidone, or salicylates (eg, aspirin) due to the fact that the danger of severe side effects of Absenor, consisting of adjustments in vision or various other vision problems, clumsiness or unsteadiness, drowsiness, nausea, or throwing up, could be raised
- Clonazepam because the danger of seizures may be enhanced
- Topiramate because the risk of high ammonium levels, mind problems, or an unusual drop in body temperature might be enhanced
- Acyclovir, cancer medications, carbapenem anti-biotics (eg, ertapenem, imipenem, meropenem), cholestyramine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), mefloquine, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen), oral contraceptive pills (eg, birth control pills), or rifampin due to the fact that they might decrease Absenor's effectiveness
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), ethosuximide, lamotrigine, methylphenidate, primidone, tolbutamide, tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline), or zidovudine because the danger of their negative effects might be enhanced by Absenor.
This may not be a full list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care company if Absenor may engage with various other medications that you take. Check with your healthcare carrier before you begin, stop, or change the dose of any kind of medicine.
Vital security details:
- Absenor could create drowsiness, lightheadedness, or blurred vision. These effects might be worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medicines. Usage Absenor with care. Do not drive or execute various other feasible hazardous jobs up until you understand exactly how you react to it.
- Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that could cause drowsiness (eg, sleep help, muscular tissue relaxers) while you are utilizing Absenor; it could add to their results. Ask your pharmacologist if you have inquiries regarding which medicines could trigger sleepiness.
- Inflammation of the pancreatic is a potentially serious disease related to Absenor. Symptoms consist of tummy discomfort, vomiting, or loss of appetite. Get in touch with your doctor at the same time if any of these signs and symptoms take place.
- Clients who take Absenor might go to boosted threat for suicidal ideas or actions. The danger may be higher in individuals that have actually had self-destructive thoughts or actions in the past. Clients that have bipolar (manic-depressive) ailment may likewise have an increased danger for suicidal ideas or activities. View people that take Absenor very closely. Contact the doctor at the same time if brand-new, gotten worse, or unexpected signs, such as depressed state of mind; anxious, troubled, irritable actions; anxiety attack; or any uncommon change in mood or actions happen. Call the medical professional immediately if any signs of self-destructive ideas or activities happen.
- Absenor might lower the variety of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood. Avoid tasks that might cause bruising or injury. Tell your medical professional if you have uncommon wounding or hemorrhaging. Tell your physician if you have dark, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Inform your medical professional or dental expert that you take Absenor before you get any type of medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgical procedure.
- Diabetic issues patients - Absenor could trigger the results of some examinations for urine ketones to be wrong. Ask your doctor before you change your diet regimen or the dosage of your diabetes medication.
- Absenor may increase the ammonia degrees in your blood. Contact your doctor immediately if you experience unexplained slowness and also throwing up or mental changes.
- Absenor might trigger an uncommon decrease in body temperature level (hypothermia). Signs and symptoms could include complication, absence of power, loss of coordination, shuddering, slow-moving heartbeat, sluggish or shallow breathing, slurred speech, or unusual drowsiness. Get in touch with your medical professional right away if you have any of these symptoms.
- Absenor may interfere with certain laboratory tests, consisting of thyroid feature. Be sure your doctor as well as laboratory employees recognize you are taking Absenor
- Laboratory tests, consisting of total blood cell matters, blood ammonia levels, as well as liver feature, might be carried out while you use Absenor. These examinations could be used to check your condition or check for adverse effects. Make sure to keep all physician and also lab appointments.
- Usage Absenor with caution in the elderly; they may be extra conscious its effects, specifically sleepiness.
- Absenor ought to be utilized with extreme care in children below One Decade old; safety and also effectiveness in these children have actually not been confirmed. Kids younger 2 years may be at enhanced threat of significant liver issues.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Absenor has actually been revealed to cause damage to the fetus. Utilize a reliable kind of birth control while you take Absenor. If you think you might be pregnant or if you wish to end up being expectant, contact your doctor. You will certainly have to talk about the benefits as well as dangers of utilizing Absenor while you are expecting. Absenor is located in breast milk. Do not nursed while you are taking Absenor.
All medicines may trigger side effects, however many individuals have no, or small, negative effects.
Talk to your doctor if any of these most usual side effects continue or end up being troublesome:
Modification in appetite; constipation; diarrhea; lightheadedness; drowsiness; loss of hair; frustration; acid indigestion; nausea or vomiting; belly cramps or discomfort; difficulty sleeping; throwing up; weakness; weight changes.
Severe allergies (breakout; hives; itching; trouble breathing; tightness in the breast; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); irregular reasoning; change in menstruation period; modifications in behavior; breast discomfort; confusion; dark, tarry, or bloody feces; dark urine; difficulty talking; trouble peing or various other urination troubles; severe fatigue; quick or uneven heart beat; hallucinations; hearing loss; uncontrolled movements of the limbs; uncontrolled activities or chewing activities of the face, jaw, mouth, or tongue; joint discomfort; lack of energy; loss of appetite; loss of sychronisation; loss of seizure control; amnesia; new or worsening psychological or state of mind modifications (eg, aggressiveness, anxiety, stress and anxiety, clinical depression, overstated feeling of wellness, hostility, impulsiveness, lack of ability to sit still, impatience, anxiety attack, uneasyness); nosebleed; battering in the upper body; red, inflamed, blistered, or peeling skin; serious or relentless nausea or vomiting, vomiting, or stomach pain; shortness of breath; self-destructive ideas or activities; swelling of the arms or legs; symptoms of infection (eg, fever, cools, aching throat); tremor; unusual bleeding or bruising; uncommon weakness; vision adjustments or obscured vision; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a total checklist of all adverse effects that might take place. If you have questions regarding adverse effects, contact your healthcare company.