ACEMIT (DIAMOX) INDICATIONS
Acemit is utilized to treat glaucoma as well as to treat as well as to avoid intense hill illness (acute mountain sickness). It is also utilized as a part of some therapy prepares for coronary infarction and also seizure conditions. Acemit is a carbonic anhydrase prevention. Carbonic anhydrase is a protein in your body. Acemit reduces the activity of this protein.
ACEMIT (DIAMOX) DIRECTIONS
Use Acemit as routed by your physician.
- Take Acemit by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset happens, take with food to reduce belly irritability.
- Consuming alcohol additional fluids while you are taking Acemit is recommended.
- Swallow Acemit whole. Do not break, crush, or eat before ingesting.
- Acemit might raise the quantity of urine or cause you to pee regularly when you initially begin taking it. To maintain this from troubling your sleep, try to take your dosage prior to 6 pm.
- If you miss out on a dose of Acemit, take it immediately. If it is practically time for your following dose, miss the missed out on dose and also return to your regular dosing routine. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care company any concerns you may have regarding how to utilize Acemit.
ACEMIT (DIAMOX) STORAGE
Keep Acemit at area temperature, between 59 as well as 86 levels F (15 as well as 30 degrees C). Store in a snugly closed container. Store far from heat, wetness, as well as light. Do not store in the shower room. Keep Acemit from the reach of kids and also away from animals.
ACEMIT (DIAMOX) MORE DETAILS:
Active Active ingredient: Acetazolamide.
Do NOT make use of Acemit if:
- you are allergic to any component in Acemit
- you have adrenal gland problems, low blood degrees of potassium or sodium, kidney issues, liver problems (eg, cirrhosis), high blood degrees of chloride, or other electrolyte troubles.
Call your physician or healthcare carrier as soon as possible if any one of these apply to you.
Some clinical conditions could connect with Acemit. Inform your medical professional or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, particularly if any of the following put on you:
- if you are expectant, planning to come to be pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, natural prep work, or dietary supplement
- if you have hatreds medications, foods, or other materials
- if you have kidney stones, a lung illness, glaucoma (eg, persistent non-congestive angle-closure glaucoma), diabetes, or difficulty taking a breath
- if you have had a severe allergy (eg, an extreme breakout, hives, breathing difficulties, or dizziness) to any other sulfonamide medication such as acetazolamide, celecoxib, specific diuretics (eg, hydrochlorothiazide), glyburide, probenecid, sulfamethoxazole, valdecoxib, or zonisamide.
Some medications may connect with Acemit. Inform your health care provider if you are taking any of the following medications:
- Salicylates (eg, aspirin) since they might raise the risk of Acemit's side effects
- Various other carbonic anhydrase inhibitors (eg, methazolamide), cyclosporine, quinidine, phenytoin, amphetamine, or sodium bicarbonate since the risk of their adverse effects could be increased by Acemit
- Primidone, salicylates (eg, pain killers), lithium, or methenamine because their effectiveness might be decreased by Acemit.
This could not be a total checklist of all interactions that may happen. Ask your healthcare supplier if Acemit might communicate with other medicines that you take. Talk to your health care provider prior to you begin, quit, or alter the dose of any kind of medicine.
Important safety and security details:
- Acemit might create drowsiness or momentary vision changes. These impacts may be even worse if you take it with alcohol or specific medications. Use Acemit with caution. Do not drive or do other possible unsafe tasks up until you recognize just how you react to it.
- Acemit could cause you to become sunburned extra conveniently. Stay clear of the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know exactly how you react to Acemit. Make use of a sunscreen or use safety apparel if you must be outdoors for greater than a brief time.
- Inform your medical professional or dental practitioner that you take Acemit before you get any type of clinical or oral care, emergency treatment, or surgical procedure.
- Diabetic issues individuals - Acemit may impact your blood sugar level. Check blood sugar level levels carefully. Ask your doctor before you alter the dose of your diabetes mellitus medicine.
- Acemit might interfere with certain lab tests. Make certain your physician as well as laboratory personnel know you are taking Acemit.
- Lab examinations, including blood electrolyte levels, total blood cell matter, or platelet levels, might be done while you utilize Acemit. These tests could be used to monitor your condition or check for negative effects. Make sure to maintain all doctor and also lab appointments.
- Use Acemit with care in the senior; they may be a lot more conscious its results.
- Acemit should be utilized with severe caution in kids more youthful 12 years; safety and security and efficiency in these children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy as well as breast-feeding: If you conceive, contact your medical professional. You will should review the benefits and risks of using Acemit while you are expectant. Acemit is located in bust milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Acemit.
All medications could trigger side effects, but many people have no, or small, adverse effects.
Get in touch with your medical professional if any of these most typical side effects persist or come to be annoying:
Obscured vision; adjustments in preference; bowel irregularity; looseness of the bowels; drowsiness; frequent peeing; anorexia nervosa; nausea or vomiting; vomiting.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the upper body; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blood in urine; adjustments in hearing; convulsions; dark, bloody feces; dark urine; quick breathing; fever; lack of energy; reduced back pain; red, inflamed, or blistered skin; ringing in the ears; aching throat; prickling of the arms or legs; unusual bleeding or wounding; vision changes; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a full listing of all adverse effects that might happen. If you have questions regarding negative effects, contact your healthcare carrier.