ACEMOX (DIAMOX) INDICATIONS
Acemox is used to deal with glaucoma and to deal with and to stop severe hill illness (acute mountain sickness). It is additionally utilized as a component of some therapy plans for congestive heart failure as well as seizure conditions. Acemox is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. Carbonic anhydrase is a protein in your body. Acemox minimizes the task of this protein.
ACEMOX (DIAMOX) GUIDELINES
Usage Acemox as directed by your doctor.
- Take Acemox by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset happens, take with food to lower stomach inflammation.
- Drinking added fluids while you are taking Acemox is suggested.
- Swallow Acemox whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before ingesting.
- Acemox might increase the amount of pee or trigger you to urinate more frequently when you initially start taking it. To maintain this from disturbing your sleep, aim to take your dosage before 6 pm.
- If you miss out on a dosage of Acemox, take it immediately. If it is almost time for your next dosage, skip the missed dosage as well as return to your normal dosing routine. Do not take 2 dosages simultaneously.
Ask your healthcare service provider any kind of questions you might have concerning the best ways to make use of Acemox.
ACEMOX (DIAMOX) STORAGE SPACE
Keep Acemox at space temperature, between 59 and also 86 degrees F (15 as well as 30 levels C). Keep in a firmly shut container. Store away from warm, wetness, and light. Do not store in the restroom. Keep Acemox out of the reach of kids as well as far from family pets.
ACEMOX (DIAMOX) MORE INFO:
Do NOT make use of Acemox if:
- you are allergic to any active ingredient in Acemox
- you have adrenal gland troubles, reduced blood levels of potassium or salt, kidney troubles, liver troubles (eg, cirrhosis), high blood levels of chloride, or various other electrolyte problems.
Call your physician or healthcare supplier immediately if any of these relate to you.
Some medical problems could connect with Acemox. Tell your doctor or pharmacologist if you have any clinical problems, specifically if any of the adhering to put on you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to end up being expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, natural preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or other compounds
- if you have kidney stones, a lung illness, glaucoma (eg, chronic non-congestive angle-closure glaucoma), diabetic issues, or difficulty breathing
- if you have had a severe allergy (eg, a serious rash, hives, breathing troubles, or dizziness) to other sulfonamide medication such as acetazolamide, celecoxib, certain diuretics (eg, hydrochlorothiazide), glyburide, probenecid, sulfamethoxazole, valdecoxib, or zonisamide.
Some medications might interact with Acemox. Tell your health care carrier if you are taking any one of the complying with medicines:
- Salicylates (eg, aspirin) since they may raise the threat of Acemox's side effects
- Various other carbonic anhydrase preventions (eg, methazolamide), cyclosporine, quinidine, phenytoin, amphetamine, or sodium bicarbonate because the risk of their adverse effects may be boosted by Acemox
- Primidone, salicylates (eg, pain killers), lithium, or methenamine due to the fact that their performance could be lowered by Acemox.
This may not be a full list of all interactions that might occur. Ask your health care company if Acemox could communicate with other medicines that you take. Consult your health care service provider prior to you start, quit, or change the dose of any medicine.
Important security info:
- Acemox might create sleepiness or momentary vision changes. These impacts could be even worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medicines. Usage Acemox with caution. Do not drive or execute other feasible harmful tasks until you know exactly how you react to it.
- Acemox might cause you to become sunburnt much more quickly. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths till you know exactly how you react to Acemox. Use a sun block or put on protective apparel if you need to be outside for more than a short time.
- Inform your doctor or dental expert that you take Acemox prior to you get any medical or dental care, emergency situation treatment, or surgical procedure.
- Diabetes mellitus clients - Acemox could impact your blood sugar. Examine blood sugar level degrees closely. Ask your doctor prior to you alter the dosage of your diabetes mellitus medication.
- Acemox might disrupt particular laboratory examinations. Be sure your medical professional and laboratory employees recognize you are taking Acemox.
- Laboratory examinations, consisting of blood electrolyte degrees, total blood cell matter, or platelet degrees, could be performed while you use Acemox. These tests could be made use of to check your condition or look for adverse effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and also lab visits.
- Use Acemox with care in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its results.
- Acemox should be made use of with extreme caution in youngsters younger 12 years; safety and security as well as performance in these youngsters have not been validated.
- Maternity and also breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your physician. You will have to discuss the benefits and threats of making use of Acemox while you are expecting. Acemox is discovered in bust milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Acemox.
All medicines might create negative effects, but many individuals have no, or minor, negative effects.
Consult your doctor if any of these most typical negative effects continue or become bothersome:
Blurred vision; changes in preference; bowel irregularity; diarrhea; drowsiness; constant peeing; anorexia nervosa; queasiness; vomiting.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; rigidity in the upper body; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blood in pee; modifications in hearing; convulsions; dark, bloody feces; dark pee; fast breathing; fever; lack of power; lower neck and back pain; red, puffy, or blistered skin; supplanting the ears; sore throat; prickling of the arms or legs; unusual bleeding or bruising; vision changes; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete listing of all negative effects that may take place. If you have concerns regarding side effects, call your health care company.