ACICHEK (PRILOSEC) INDICATIONS
Acichek is made use of for dealing with heartburn or irritation of the esophagus triggered by gastroesophageal reflux illness (GERD). It may likewise be made use of for short-term therapy of abscess of the stomach or tiny intestines. It could additionally be made use of with specific antibiotics to deal with abscess of the tiny intestines as well as in order to help avoid them from returning. It could likewise be utilized to deal with conditions that cause your body to earn way too much stomach acid (eg, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome). Acichek is a proton pump prevention (PPI). It functions by lowering the amount of acid generated in the tummy.
ACICHEK (PRILOSEC) INSTRUCTIONS
Usage Acichek as directed by your medical professional.
- Take Acichek by mouth on an empty belly prior to eating.
- Ingest Acichek whole. Do not break, crush, chew, or open Acichek before swallowing.
- If you have trouble swallowing the pill, include 1 tablespoon of applesauce to an empty dish. Open the capsule as well as clear the pellets into the applesauce. Mix the pellets with the applesauce and also ingest the blend at once, complied with by a glass of cool water. The applesauce utilized need to not be warm and also should be soft sufficient to be swallowed with out eating. Do not chew or crush the pellets. Do not store the combination for more use.
- You may take antacids while you are making use of Acichek if you are directed to do so by your medical professional.
- If you likewise take an imidazole antifungal (eg, ketoconazole), take it at the very least 2 hrs prior to taking Acichek.
- If you additionally take sucralfate, take Acichek a minimum of HALF AN HOUR before taking sucralfate.
- Continuously take Acichek even if you feel well. Do not miss out on any doses.
- If you miss a dosage of Acichek, take it asap. If it is almost time for your next dose, avoid the missed out on dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 dosages at once.
Ask your health care carrier any concerns you may have concerning how to use Acichek.
ACICHEK (PRILOSEC) EVEN MORE INFORMATION:
ACICHEK (PRILOSEC) STORAGE SPACE
Keep Acichek at room temperature level, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 as well as 30 degrees C). Store far from warmth, dampness, as well as light. Do not store in the bathroom. Maintain Acichek from the reach of kids and also far from pet dogs.
Do NOT make use of Acichek if:
- you dislike any kind of active ingredient in Acichek
- you are taking an HIV protease inhibitor (eg, atazanavir).
Call your medical professional immediately if any of these put on you.
Some clinical conditions might communicate with Acichek. Tell your medical professional or pharmacologist if you have any type of clinical problems, specifically if any one of the following apply to you:
- if you are expecting, planning to come to be expectant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medication, organic prep work, or nutritional supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or various other materials
- if you have liver issues or stomach or bowel cancer.
Some medications might connect with Acichek. Tell your healthcare service provider if you are taking any other medications, specifically any of the following:
- Clarithromycin or voriconazole because they may boost the risk of Acichek's negative effects
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), benzodiazepines (eg, diazepam), cilostazol, cyclosporine, digoxin, disulfiram, phenytoin, or tacrolimus because the risk of their side effects might be increased by Acichek
- Ampicillins, azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), clopidogrel, ginkgo biloba, HIV protease preventions (eg, atazanavir), or iron because their efficiency might be reduced by Acichek.
This could not be a complete listing of all interactions that could take place. Ask your healthcare carrier if Acichek could communicate with other medications that you take. Get in touch with your healthcare provider before you begin, stop, or alter the dose of any medicine.
Essential safety info:
- Acichek might cause drowsiness or dizziness. These effects might be even worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Usage Acichek with care. Do not drive or do other feasible harmful jobs until you recognize just how you react to it.
- Call your physician if you have any kind of signs of a bleeding ulcer, such as black, tarry feces or throw up that appears like coffee premises, or if you experience throat discomfort, upper body pain, serious belly discomfort, or problem ingesting.
- Acichek could disrupt particular lab examinations. Make sure your doctor as well as laboratory workers understand you are taking Acichek.
- Acichek must be used with caution in Oriental individuals; the danger of negative effects may be raised in these individuals.
- Acichek must be used with severe care in children below 2 years old; security as well as effectiveness in these children have actually not been validated.
- Maternity as well as breast-feeding: If you conceive, contact your physician. You will should discuss the benefits as well as threats of using Acichek while you are pregnant. Acichek is discovered in breast milk. Do not nursed while taking Acichek.
All medications could cause side effects, but lots of people have no, or minor, adverse effects.
Talk to your medical professional if any of these most common negative effects linger or come to be troublesome:
Looseness of the bowels; headache.
Look for medical focus right away if any of these serious negative effects happen:
Serious allergies (breakout; hives; itching; trouble breathing; tightness in the upper body; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); breast discomfort; dark pee; quick or irregular heart beat; high temperature, chills, or aching throat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling off skin; swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; uncommon bruising or bleeding; unusual exhaustion; vision modifications; yellowing of the eyes or skin.
This is not a total checklist of all side effects that may happen. If you have inquiries concerning adverse effects, call your health care company.