ACICLOMED (ACICLOVIR) SIGNS
Aciclomed is suggested for the treatment of HSV and also VZV infections, consisting of:
- Genital herpex simplex
- Herpes simplex labialis
- Herpes zoster (tiles)
- Severe chickenpox in immunocompromised patients
- Herpes simplex encephalitis
- Acute mucocutaneous HSV infections in immunocompromised people
- Herpes simplex keratitis (eye herpes)
- Herpes simplex blepharitis
- Bell's Palsy
Aciclomed is an antiviral. It works by quiting viral replication. Nevertheless, Aciclomed does not remove the infection, is not a treatment, as well as does not stop transmission to others.
ACICLOMED (ACICLOVIR) DIRECTIONS
Usage Aciclomed as directed by your medical professional!
- Take Aciclomed by mouth with or without food.
- Begin therapy with Aciclomed at the earliest sign or sign of shingles or genital herpes (pain, burning, sores).
- If dealing with a severe outbreak, continue utilizing Aciclomed for the complete course of therapy even if you really feel much better in a couple of days.
- For suppressive treatment, Aciclomed functions ideal if it is taken at the same times daily.
- If you miss out on a dosage of Aciclomed, take it immediately. If it is almost time for your next dosage, miss the missed dose as well as go back to your normal application routine. Do not take 2 doses simultaneously.
Ask your healthcare carrier any type of questions you could have regarding how you can use Aciclomed.
ACICLOMED (ACICLOVIR) STORAGE
Store Aciclomed at room temperature, between 68 as well as 77 levels F (20 as well as 25 degrees C). Keep far from warm, moisture, and also light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Aciclomed out of the reach of kids and far from pets.
Do NOT use Aciclomed if:
- you are allergic to any kind of active ingredient in Aciclomed or to valacyclovir
Get in touch with your doctor or healthcare supplier as soon as possible if any of these put on you.
Some medical problems might communicate with Aciclomed. Tell your physician or pharmacist if you have any clinical problems, especially if any of the adhering to relate to you:
- if you are expecting, preparing to come to be expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal prep work, or nutritional supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or other substances
- if you have kidney problems or a weakened body immune system.
Some medications could interact with Aciclomed. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicine, specifically any one of the following:
- Medicines that might hurt the kidney (eg, aminoglycoside antibiotics
, amphotericin B, cyclosporine, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs , tacrolimus, vancomycin) due to the fact that the risk of kidney negative effects could be boosted. Ask your medical professional if you are not sure if any of your medicines may hurt the kidney.
This might not be a full listing of all interactions that might occur. Ask your health care carrier if Aciclomed could connect with various other medications that you take. Consult your healthcare service provider prior to you begin, quit, or alter the dose of any medicine.
Important safety and security information:
- Aciclomed may trigger sleepiness, wooziness, vision modifications, or lightheadedness. These effects may be even worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medicines. Use Aciclomed with care. Do not drive or perform various other perhaps harmful jobs up until you know how you respond to it.
- Aciclomed may cause wooziness, faintness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, workout, or high temperature may boost these effects. To prevent them, sit down or stand up slowly, especially in the early morning. Sit or rest at the initial indication of any one of these impacts.
- Aciclomed might create you to become sunburned much more easily. Prevent the sun, sunlamps, or tanning cubicles until you recognize how you respond to Aciclomed. Use a sun block or wear protective apparel if you should be outside for greater than a short time.
- Aciclomed is not a cure for herpes as well as will certainly not protect against the infection from spreading. Prevent sexual intercourse when sores exist to stop contaminating your companion. You could additionally be contagious as well as spread the herpes virus yet not have any type of indicators or signs and symptoms in all. This is called asymptomatic viral dropping.
- Lab tests, consisting of kidney feature as well as lotion urea nitrogen (BUN), may be executed while you use Aciclomed. These tests might be utilized to check your problem or look for negative effects. Make certain to keep all doctor as well as laboratory visits.
- Usage Aciclomed with care in the senior; they might be much more conscious its impacts, particularly confusion, sleepiness, or hallucinations.
- Aciclomed is not advised for use in children below 2 years of ages as security as well as effectiveness for children have not been validated.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you conceive, contact your physician. You will certainly need to talk about the advantages as well as dangers of using Aciclomed while you are expectant. Aciclomed is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you utilize Aciclomed, contact your medical professional. Discuss any kind of feasible risks to your child.
All medications may trigger adverse effects, but many individuals have no, or small, negative effects.
Consult your physician if any of these most usual negative effects linger or come to be bothersome:
Looseness of the bowels; basic body pain; frustration; nausea/vomiting.
Seek medical interest right now if any of these severe negative effects happen:
Serious allergies (rash; hives; itching; problem breathing; tightness in the upper body; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); hostile actions; blood in the pee; complication; reduced awareness; decreased peeing; hallucinations; lower pain in the back; psychological or mood adjustments; red, swollen, raw, or peeling off skin; seizures; unusual bruising or bleeding.
This is not a full listing of all side effects that might happen. If you have inquiries regarding negative effects, contact your health care service provider.