ACIHEXAL (ACICLOVIR) INDICATIONS
Acihexal is shown for the therapy of HSV and VZV infections, including:
- Genital herpex simplex
- Herpes simplex labialis
- Herpes zoster (shingles)
- Severe chickenpox in immunocompromised clients
- Herpes simplex sleeping sickness
- Severe mucocutaneous HSV infections in immunocompromised clients
- Herpes simplex keratitis (ocular herpes)
- Herpes simplex blepharitis
- Bell's Palsy
Acihexal is an antiviral. It functions by quiting viral replication. Nevertheless, Acihexal does not remove the infection, is not a cure, and does not stop transmission to others.
ACIHEXAL (ACICLOVIR) DIRECTIONS
Use Acihexal as directed by your doctor!
- Take Acihexal by mouth with or without food.
- Start treatment with Acihexal at the earliest sign or symptom of shingles or herpes (pain, burning, blisters).
- If treating an intense outbreak, proceed using Acihexal for the full program of treatment even if you really feel much better in a few days.
- For suppressive therapy, Acihexal functions finest if it is taken at the very same times daily.
- If you miss out on a dose of Acihexal, take it as soon as possible. If it is practically time for your following dose, skip the missed out on dose and also return to your routine application routine. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your healthcare service provider any type of concerns you could have concerning how to make use of Acihexal.
ACIHEXAL (ACICLOVIR) STORAGE SPACE
Keep Acihexal at room temperature level, in between 68 as well as 77 levels F (20 as well as 25 degrees C). Store away from warmth, dampness, as well as light. Do not store in the restroom. Keep Acihexal from the reach of children and also away from family pets.
Do NOT use Acihexal if:
- you are allergic to any type of component in Acihexal or to valacyclovir
Contact your medical professional or healthcare service provider right now if any one of these relate to you.
Some medical problems might engage with Acihexal. Inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have any type of clinical conditions, particularly if any one of the complying with apply to you:
- if you are expectant, preparing to come to be pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any type of prescription or nonprescription medicine, organic prep work, or dietary supplement
- if you have hatreds medications, foods, or various other compounds
- if you have kidney problems or a weakened immune system.
Some medications could engage with Acihexal. Tell your healthcare provider if you are taking any other medication, specifically any one of the following:
- Medicines that might harm the kidney (eg, aminoglycoside antibiotics
, amphotericin B, cyclosporine, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications , tacrolimus, vancomycin) since the risk of kidney side effects could be raised. Ask your doctor if you are not sure if any of your medicines might damage the kidney.
This might not be a total list of all interactions that may happen. Ask your healthcare carrier if Acihexal may engage with other medicines that you take. Consult your health care carrier prior to you start, quit, or alter the dosage of any type of medication.
Important security information:
- Acihexal may cause sleepiness, lightheadedness, vision changes, or faintness. These impacts might be worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medications. Use Acihexal with care. Do not drive or perform various other perhaps dangerous jobs up until you recognize just how you react to it.
- Acihexal may cause lightheadedness, faintness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, workout, or fever could enhance these results. To stop them, sit down or stand up slowly, particularly in the early morning. Sit or rest at the very first indicator of any one of these effects.
- Acihexal might trigger you to become sunburnt much more conveniently. Prevent the sun, sunlamps, or tanning cubicles till you know just how you respond to Acihexal. Make use of a sun block or use protective garments if you must be outdoors for more than a brief time.
- Acihexal is not a cure for genital herpes and will not avoid the infection from spreading. Prevent intercourse when sores exist to avoid infecting your companion. You could also be contagious and also spread the herpes infection however not have any kind of indications or signs and symptoms whatsoever. This is called asymptomatic viral dropping.
- Laboratory tests, consisting of kidney function and also lotion urea nitrogen (BUN), might be done while you use Acihexal. These examinations may be utilized to check your problem or check for adverse effects. Make sure to keep all doctor and also laboratory visits.
- Usage Acihexal with care in the elderly; they might be much more sensitive to its effects, particularly complication, sleepiness, or hallucinations.
- Acihexal is not suggested for usage in children younger than 2 years of ages as safety and security as well as efficiency for kids have not been validated.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you conceive, contact your medical professional. You will should review the benefits and also threats of using Acihexal while you are pregnant. Acihexal is found in bust milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you make use of Acihexal, contact your doctor. Review any possible risks to your infant.
All medications might create side effects, yet many individuals have no, or small, side effects.
Consult your doctor if any of these most typical negative effects persist or become annoying:
Looseness of the bowels; basic body pain; migraine; nausea/vomiting.
Look for medical attention immediately if any one of these severe side effects take place:
Severe allergic reactions (breakout; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the upper body; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); aggressive actions; blood in the urine; confusion; decreased consciousness; reduced peeing; hallucinations; lower pain in the back; mental or state of mind changes; red, puffy, blistered, or peeling off skin; seizures; unusual discoloration or bleeding.
This is not a total list of all side effects that may happen. If you have inquiries regarding side effects, contact your health care supplier.