ACIMED (PRILOSEC) INDICATIONS
Acimed is utilized for treating heartburn or inflammation of the esophagus caused by gastroesophageal reflux illness (GERD). It could also be used for temporary therapy of abscess of the belly or little intestines. It might likewise be utilized with certain antibiotics to treat abscess of the small intestines and also in order to help stop them from returning. It might additionally be utilized to treat conditions that cause your body to make way too much stomach acid (eg, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome). Acimed is a proton pump prevention (PPI). It works by lowering the amount of acid created in the tummy.
ACIMED (PRILOSEC) INSTRUCTIONS
Usage Acimed as guided by your physician.
- Take Acimed by mouth on an empty tummy prior to consuming.
- Swallow Acimed entire. Do not damage, crush, chew, or open Acimed prior to ingesting.
- If you have difficulty swallowing the pill, add 1 tbsp of applesauce to an empty dish. Open up the capsule and also clear the pellets into the applesauce. Mix the pellets with the applesauce and also swallow the combination at the same time, adhered to by a glass of awesome water. The applesauce used ought to not be warm as well as need to be soft adequate to be ingested with out eating. Do not eat or squash the pellets. Do not save the mix for more usage.
- You might take antacids while you are making use of Acimed if you are directed to do so by your medical professional.
- If you additionally take an imidazole antifungal (eg, ketoconazole), take it at the very least 2 hrs prior to taking Acimed.
- If you also take sucralfate, take Acimed at least 30 minutes before taking sucralfate.
- Remain to take Acimed even if you feel well. Do not miss any kind of dosages.
- If you miss a dosage of Acimed, take it as soon as possible. If it is nearly time for your next dosage, skip the missed out on dose and go back to your routine dosing timetable. Do not take 2 doses at the same time.
Ask your healthcare carrier any kind of inquiries you might have concerning the best ways to utilize Acimed.
ACIMED (PRILOSEC) EVEN MORE INFO:
Energetic Component: Omeprazole.
ACIMED (PRILOSEC) STORAGE SPACE
Keep Acimed at area temperature, between 59 and 86 levels F (15 as well as 30 levels C). Store far from heat, dampness, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Maintain Acimed from the reach of children and also far from pets.
- you are allergic to any component in Acimed
- you are taking an HIV protease inhibitor (eg, atazanavir).
Contact your physician today if any one of these relate to you.
Some medical problems may engage with Acimed. Inform your medical professional or pharmacologist if you have any kind of clinical conditions, specifically if any of the following put on you:
- if you are expectant, preparing to become expectant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medicine, organic prep work, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or various other compounds
- if you have liver troubles or tummy or digestive tract cancer cells.
Some medicines might interact with Acimed. Inform your health care provider if you are taking other medications, particularly any one of the following:
- Clarithromycin or voriconazole because they may boost the danger of Acimed's adverse effects
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), benzodiazepines (eg, diazepam), cilostazol, cyclosporine, digoxin, disulfiram, phenytoin, or tacrolimus since the threat of their negative effects could be boosted by Acimed
- Ampicillins, azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), clopidogrel, ginkgo biloba, HIV protease preventions (eg, atazanavir), or iron because their efficiency could be lowered by Acimed.
This could not be a complete listing of all interactions that might take place. Ask your healthcare supplier if Acimed could engage with other medications that you take. Get in touch with your healthcare company before you begin, quit, or change the dose of any medication.
Vital security information:
- Acimed may create drowsiness or wooziness. These impacts could be even worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Usage Acimed with care. Do not drive or carry out other possible harmful jobs until you know how you react to it.
- Call your medical professional if you have any type of signs and symptoms of a bleeding abscess, such as black, tarry feces or throw up that looks like coffee premises, or if you experience throat discomfort, upper body pain, severe belly discomfort, or trouble swallowing.
- Acimed may interfere with certain lab tests. Make certain your doctor and laboratory workers recognize you are taking Acimed.
- Acimed must be made use of with caution in Eastern patients; the threat of negative effects could be increased in these clients.
- Acimed needs to be made use of with extreme care in kids younger than 2 years of ages; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been validated.
- Maternity as well as breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your medical professional. You will certainly need to discuss the benefits and also risks of utilizing Acimed while you are expectant. Acimed is located in breast milk. Do not nursed while taking Acimed.
All medications could create side effects, yet lots of people have no, or small, side effects.
Talk to your doctor if any one of these most usual negative effects linger or end up being troublesome:
Looseness of the bowels; frustration.
Seek clinical attention immediately if any of these extreme adverse effects take place:
Serious allergies (breakout; hives; itching; trouble breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); upper body discomfort; dark urine; quickly or irregular heart beat; high temperature, cools, or sore throat; red, inflamed, blistered, or peeling off skin; swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; uncommon bruising or bleeding; unusual fatigue; vision adjustments; yellowing of the eyes or skin.
This is not a total listing of all adverse effects that could occur. If you have concerns concerning side effects, call your healthcare supplier.