ACTIDOX (DOXYCYCLINE) INDICATIONS
Actidox is made use of for treating infections brought on by certain bacteria. It might be used in combination with other medications to treat certain amoeba infections. It could also be utilized to stop or reduce the development of anthrax after exposure. Actidox is a tetracycline antibiotic. It works by slowing the development of germs. Reducing germs's development enables the body's body immune system to destroy the microorganisms.
ACTIDOX (DOXYCYCLINE) DIRECTIONS
Take Actidox precisely as it was suggested for you.
- Do not take the medicine in larger quantities, or take it for longer compared to advised by your physician. Comply with the instructions on your prescription tag.
- Take Actidox with a complete glass of water (8 ounces).
- Do not take the drug with milk or other milk products, unless your doctor has actually told you to. Dairy products can make it harder for your body to absorb the medication.
- Do not squash, break, or open a capsule. Ingest the pill whole. It is specially made to launch medication gradually in the body. Breaking or opening up the pill would cause too much of the medication to be released at once.
- Take Actidox for the whole size of time suggested by your doctor. Your signs and symptoms might get better prior to the infection is completely treated.
- Actidox will not deal with a viral infection such as the acute rhinitis or influenza.
- Do not provide this medication to one more person, also if they have the very same condition you have.
- If you have to have any kind of kind of surgical treatment, tell the cosmetic surgeon beforehand that you are taking Actidox. You may have to quit utilizing the medicine for a short time.
- Do not take any kind of Actidox after the expiry date published on the label. Using ended Actidox can trigger damages to your kidneys.
- Do not provide Actidox to a kid more youthful 8 years. It can create long-term yellowing or graying of the teeth, and it could impact a kid's development.
- If you miss a dosage of Actidox, utilize it asap. If it is practically time for your next dosage, skip the missed out on dose and also return to your normal dosing timetable. Do not utilize 2 dosages at the same time.
Ask your healthcare company any questions you could have concerning how you can utilize Actidox.
ACTIDOX (DOXYCYCLINE) STORAGE
Store Actidox at area temperature level in between 68 and also 77 levels F (20 and 25 levels C) in a snugly closed container. Quick periods at temperature levels of 59 to 86 levels F (15 to 30 degrees C) are allowed. Store far from warm, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Actidox out of the reach of children and away from pet dogs.
- you dislike any active ingredient in Actidox, or to comparable medicines such as demeclocycline (Declomycin), minocycline (Dynacin, Minocin, Solodyn, Vectrin), or tetracycline (Brodspec, Panmycin, Sumycin, Tetracap)
- you are taking acitretin, isotretinoin, or a penicillin (eg, amoxicillin)
- you have actually just recently obtained or will certainly be getting an online oral typhoid vaccine.
Get in touch with your medical professional or healthcare service provider as soon as possible if any one of these apply to you.
Some clinical problems could interact with Actidox. Tell your physician or pharmacist if you have any kind of clinical problems, specifically if any one of the complying with relate to you:
- if you are expectant, intending to become expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medication, natural prep work, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or various other materials
- if you have diarrhea, a tummy or digestive infection, a history of lupus, or the blood illness porphyria
- if you have liver or kidney condition, you could require a dosage modification or special tests to safely take Actidox.
Some medicines may communicate with Actidox. Tell your healthcare service provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any one of the following:
- Barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), carbamazepine, or hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) since they might lower Actidox's efficiency
- Acitretin or isotretinoin since negative effects, such as boosted stress inside the head (resulting in serious headaches and also vision problems) might take place
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), digoxin, methotrexate, or methoxyflurane because the threat of their negative effects may be raised by Actidox
- Live oral typhoid vaccination, hormone contraception (eg, birth control pills), or penicillins (eg, amoxicillin) due to the fact that their efficiency might be decreased by Actidox.
This may not be a full list of all interactions that might take place. Ask your health care carrier if Actidox might interact with various other medicines that you take. Check with your health care company prior to you start, quit, or alter the dosage of any type of medicine.
Vital safety and security info:
- Make sure to utilize Actidox for the full program of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection entirely. The germs could likewise become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This can make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Lasting or duplicated use of Actidox could cause a second infection. Inform your doctor if indicators of a second infection happen. Your medicine might have to be altered to treat this.
- Light diarrhea is common with antibiotic use. However, a more major type of looseness of the bowels (pseudomembranous colitis) may seldom take place. This might establish while you make use of the antibiotic or within numerous months after you stop using it. Get in touch with your medical professional immediately if tummy pain or cramps, serious looseness of the bowels, or blood feces happen. Do not treat looseness of the bowels without first checking with your physician.
- Actidox could trigger you to become sunburnt much more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths up until you recognize just how you respond to Actidox. Utilize a sunscreen or use safety garments if you should be outside for greater than a brief time.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Actidox prior to you obtain any clinical or dental treatment, emergency care, or surgical procedure.
- Hormone contraception (eg, birth control pills) could not work as well while you are making use of Actidox. To avoid pregnancy, utilize an extra kind of contraception (eg, prophylactics).
- Actidox may interfere with particular lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel understand you are utilizing Actidox.
- Maternity and breast-feeding: Actidox has actually been shown to create harm to the fetus. If you assume you might be pregnant, contact your physician. You will need to discuss the advantages and threats of using Actidox while you are expectant. Actidox is discovered in bust milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Actidox.
All medications might trigger side effects, but many individuals have no, or minor, adverse effects.
Contact your physician if any of these most usual adverse effects linger or come to be irritating:
Anorexia nervosa; nausea; level of sensitivity to sunlight; vomiting.
Look for clinical focus as soon as possible if any of these severe adverse effects occur:
Extreme allergic reactions (breakout; hives; itching; trouble breathing; tightness in the upper body; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); bloody feces; breast pain; dark pee; lowered peeing; fever, cools, or sore throat; modest to serious sunburn; serious looseness of the bowels; severe or consistent frustration; tummy discomfort or aches; throat inflammation; difficulty swallowing; uncommon bruising or blood loss; unusual joint pain; uncommon fatigue; vaginal inflammation or discharge; vision changes; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all negative effects that may happen. If you have concerns about negative effects, contact your health care carrier.