ADVICOR (MEVACOR) INDICATORS
Advicor is utilized for lowering high cholesterol in certain patients. It is made use of together with an appropriate diet plan. It is made use of in particular individuals to minimize the risk of cardiovascular disease as well as upper body pain triggered by angina. It is also made use of to reduce capillary obstruction and to minimize the need for clinical procedures to open blocked heart blood vessels. Advicor is an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, additionally called a "statin." It functions by reducing the manufacturing of particular fatty compounds in the body, consisting of cholesterol.
ADVICOR (MEVACOR) GUIDELINES
Usage Advicor as routed by your physician.
- Take Advicor by mouth with food.
- Eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice might enhance the quantity of Advicor in your blood, which may enhance your risk for severe negative effects. The danger might be higher with large amounts of grapefruit or grapefruit juice. Prevent big amounts of grapefruit or grapefruit juice (eg, more than one quart day-to-day). Talk with your doctor or pharmacologist if you have inquiries regarding including grapefruit or grapefruit juice in your diet plan while you are taking Advicor.
- Continue to take Advicor even if you feel well. Do not miss any dosage.
- If you miss out on a dose of Advicor, take it asap. If it is almost time for your following dose, miss the missed dose and also return to your regular dosing timetable. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your healthcare company any kind of questions you could have concerning how you can use Advicor.
ADVICOR (MEVACOR) STORAGE
Store Advicor at room temperature level, between 59 and also 86 degrees F (15 and also 30 levels C). Keep far from warm, moisture, as well as light. Do not store in the restroom. Keep Advicor from the reach of youngsters and far from pet dogs.
ADVICOR (MEVACOR) EVEN MORE DETAILS:
Energetic Component: Lovastatin.
- you are allergic to any kind of component in Advicor
- you have liver problems or unexplained irregular liver function examinations
- you are pregnant or are breast-feeding
- you are taking a macrolide antibiotic (eg, clarithromycin, erythromycin), an HIV protease prevention (eg, ritonavir), itraconazole, ketoconazole, mibefradil, nefazodone, or telithromycin.
Get in touch with your doctor or healthcare carrier right away if any of these put on you.
Some medical conditions might communicate with Advicor. Tell your medical professional or pharmacist if you have any type of clinical conditions, especially if any one of the complying with put on you:
- if you are expecting, planning to come to be expectant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medicine, natural prep work, or nutritional supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other compounds
- if you have low blood pressure, a severe infection, kidney troubles, diabetic issues, or a history of seizures
- if you are extremely ill, have particular muscle mass troubles (eg, discomfort, weakness), or have metabolic process, hormonal, or electrolyte problems
- if you drink alcohol or have a history of liver problems or alcohol abuse
- if you have a particular sort of high cholesterol (homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia)
- if you have had a body organ transplant or have lately had significant surgical treatment or a severe injury.
Some medications may interact with Advicor. Inform your health care service provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Amiodarone, certain azole antifungals (eg, itraconazole, ketoconazole), danazol, diltiazem, fibrates (eg, gemfibrozil, clofibrate), fluconazole, HIV protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir), imatinib, immunosuppressants (eg, cyclosporine), macrolide antibiotics (eg, clarithromycin, erythromycin), mibefradil, nefazodone, niacin, non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (eg, delavirdine), streptogramins (eg, dalfopristin), telithromycin, vasopressin receptor antagonists (eg, conivaptan), verapamil, or voriconazole because they might boost the danger of muscle or kidney issues
- Bosentan, carbamazepine, rifampin, or St. John's wort due to the fact that they could reduce Advicor's effectiveness
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), cimetidine, digoxin, hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills), macrolide immunosuppressants (eg, tacrolimus), or spironolactone due to the fact that the risk of their side effects might be enhanced by Advicor.
This may not be a complete listing of all interactions that may take place. Ask your health care carrier if Advicor may connect with various other medicines that you take. Contact your healthcare carrier prior to you begin, quit, or transform the dosage of any kind of medicine.
- Advicor could cause dizziness or blurred vision. These results might be worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medicines. Usage Advicor with care. Do not drive or execute other feasible unsafe tasks till you understand just how you react to it.
- Drinking alcohol everyday or in large quantities may boost the danger of liver problems with Advicor. Talk to your medical professional prior to consuming alcohol while you are taking Advicor.
- Follow the diet and exercise program provided to you by your healthcare supplier.
- Inform your physician or dental professional that you take Advicor before you obtain any kind of clinical or oral treatment, emergency care, or surgical treatment.
- Ladies that might conceive should use efficient birth control while taking Advicor. Consult your medical professional if you have inquiries concerning utilizing birth control.
- Do NOT take greater than the suggested dosage without contacting your physician.
- Report any kind of inexplicable muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness to your medical professional as soon as possible, specifically if you also have a high temperature or general body pain.
- Laboratory examinations, including blood cholesterol degrees, liver function examinations, as well as creatine phosphokinase (CPK) blood levels, may be done while you utilize Advicor. These tests may be made use of to check your condition or check for side effects. Make sure to maintain all medical professional as well as laboratory consultations.
- Use Advicor with caution in the elderly; they could be much more sensitive to its impacts, especially significant muscular tissue issues.
- Advicor should be used with severe caution in youngsters more youthful One Decade and also in those that have not gotten to adolescence; security and also performance in these kids have not been verified.
- Maternity and also breast-feeding: Do not use Advicor if you are expecting. It might trigger damage to the unborn child. Avoid becoming pregnant while you are taking it. If you think you might be expecting, call your doctor right away. It is not known if Advicor is located in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while you are taking Advicor.
All medications may trigger negative effects, yet lots of people have no, or minor, adverse effects.
Consult your medical professional if any one of these most typical adverse effects continue or become troublesome:
Look for clinical attention immediately if any one of these extreme adverse effects occur:
Serious allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; trouble breathing; rigidity in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); breast pain; dark pee; muscle mass pain, tenderness, or weakness (with or without fever or exhaustion); pale stools; red, puffy, blistered, or peeling off skin; severe stomach discomfort; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a total listing of all side effects that could occur. If you have inquiries about side effects, call your health care provider.