AFEKSIN (SARAFEM) INDICATIONS
Afeksin is made use of for treating premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), a serious kind of premenstrual syndrome.Afeksin is a selective serotonin reuptake prevention (SSRI). It functions by bring back the balance of serotonin, a natural substance in the mind, which helps to boost state of mind.
AFEKSIN (SARAFEM) GUIDELINES
Use Afeksin as guided by your doctor.
- Take Afeksin by mouth with or without food.
- Taking Afeksin at the exact same time every day will certainly aid you remember to take it.
- Continuously take Afeksin also if you really feel well. Do not miss out on any doses.
- Do not unexpectedly quit taking Afeksin without contacting your doctor. Adverse effects could take place. They might consist of mental or state of mind modifications, numbness or tingling of the skin, lightheadedness, confusion, headache, difficulty sleeping, or uncommon tiredness. You will certainly be closely kept an eye on when you start Afeksin as well as whenever a change in dosage is made.
- If you miss out on a dosage of Afeksin, take it asap. If it is practically time for your next dosage, skip the missed out on dose and also return to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 dosages at the same time.
Ask your healthcare carrier any type of inquiries you might have about how to utilize Afeksin.
AFEKSIN (SARAFEM) STORAGE SPACE
Keep Afeksin at room temperature level, between 59 as well as 86 degrees F (15 as well as 30 levels C). Store away from warm, dampness, as well as light. Do not store in the bathroom. Maintain Afeksin from the reach of youngsters as well as far from animals.
AFEKSIN (SARAFEM) EVEN MORE INFORMATION:
Do NOT make use of Afeksin if:
- you are allergic to any type of active ingredient in Afeksin
- you are taking or have actually taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (eg, phenelzine), selegiline, or St. John's wort within the last 14 days
- you are taking a fenfluramine by-product (eg, dexfenfluramine), an H
Contact your doctor or health care carrier as soon as possible if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions might communicate with Afeksin. Inform your medical professional or pharmacist if you have any medical problems, particularly if any of the following relate to you:
- if you are expectant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medicine, organic preparation, or nutritional supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or other compounds
- if you or a relative has a history of bipolar disorder (manic-depression), various other psychological or mood problems, suicidal thoughts or attempts, or alcohol or chemical abuse
- if you have a background of seizures, heart problems, liver issues, extreme kidney troubles, tummy or bowel bleeding, diabetes mellitus, or metabolism issues
- if you are dehydrated, have low blood sodium degrees, or beverage alcohol
- if you will be having electroconvulsive therapy (ECT).
Some medicines could communicate with Afeksin. Inform your health care provider if you are taking any other medications, specifically any one of the following:
- Anorexiants (eg, phentermine), fenfluramine by-products (eg, dexfenfluramine), linezolid, MAOIs (eg, phenelzine), metoclopramide, nefazodone, selegiline, serotonin 5-HT 1
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), pain killers, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen) due to the fact that the danger of blood loss, consisting of belly blood loss, could be increased
- Diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) because the risk of low blood sodium degrees might be increased
- Tramadol due to the fact that the risk of seizures may be enhanced
- Cyclobenzaprine or H 1
- HIV protease preventions (eg, ritonavir) due to the fact that they might enhance the threat of Afeksin's adverse effects
- Cyproheptadine because it might decrease Afeksin's effectiveness
- Aripiprazole, benzodiazepines (eg, alprazolam), beta-blockers (eg, propranolol), carbamazepine, clozapine, dextromethorphan, digoxin, flecainide, haloperidol, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), lithium, norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (eg, atomoxetine), phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine, thioridazine), pimozide, propafenone, risperidone, tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline), or vinblastine since the threat of their adverse effects might be enhanced by Afeksin.
This could not be a complete checklist of all communications that could happen. Ask your health care supplier if Afeksin might connect with various other medications that you take. Check with your healthcare supplier prior to you begin, stop, or change the dosage of any kind of medication.
Important security info:
- Afeksin may trigger sleepiness or dizziness. These results might be worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medicines. Take Afeksin with care. Do not drive or do various other possible hazardous tasks till you recognize how you respond to it.
- Talk to your medical professional before you drink alcohol or usage medicines that may cause drowsiness (eg, sleep help, muscle mass relaxers) while you are taking Afeksin; it may contribute to their results. Ask your pharmacologist if you have questions regarding which medicines may trigger drowsiness.
- Several weeks could pass previously your signs and symptoms enhance. Do NOT take greater than the advised dosage, change your dosage, or take Afeksin for longer than prescribed without checking with your medical professional.
- Children as well as young adults who take Afeksin could be at increased risk for self-destructive ideas or actions. Grownups could additionally be impacted. The risk could be higher in patients who have had suicidal ideas or activities in the past. The danger could likewise be higher in people who have actually had bipolar (manic-depressive) health problem, or if their member of the family have had it. See individuals who take Afeksin carefully. Get in touch with the doctor at the same time if new, gotten worse, or abrupt signs and symptoms such as depressed state of mind; anxious, agitated, or cranky behavior; panic attacks; or any kind of uncommon modification in mood or actions take place. Call the doctor today if any indications of self-destructive thoughts or actions happen.
- Diabetic issues clients - Afeksin may affect your blood sugar level. Examine blood sugar level levels closely. Ask your doctor before you transform the dose of your diabetes mellitus medication.
- Serotonin syndrome is a possibly fatal syndrome that can be brought on by Afeksin. Your threat may be greater if you take Afeksin with particular other medicines (eg, MAOIs, SSRIs, "triptans"). Signs may include frustration; coma; confusion; too much sweating; fast or uneven heart beat; fever; hallucinations; queasiness, throwing up, or looseness of the bowels; tremor. Contact your medical professional at once if you have any one of these signs.
- Neuroleptic malignant disorder (NMS) is a possibly deadly disorder that could be triggered by Afeksin. Signs might consist of fever; rigid muscle mass; confusion; abnormal reasoning; quick or uneven heart beat; and also sweating. Contact your physician at once if you have any one of these signs.
- If your doctor informs you to stop taking Afeksin, you will certainly need to await several weeks before starting to take specific other medications (eg, MAOIs, nefazodone, thioridazine). Ask your medical professional when you ought to begin to take your brand-new medicines after you have quit taking Afeksin.
- Afeksin could hardly ever trigger a long term, excruciating erection. This could take place even when you are not having sex. If this is not dealt with right now, it might result in permanent sex-related troubles such as impotence. Get in touch with your doctor as soon as possible if this happens.
- Afeksin contains a few of the exact same active ingredients as Prozac, a medication utilized to deal with clinical depression and various other mental problems, as well as Symbyax, a medication utilized to deal with depression in clients with bipolar disorder. Do not take Afeksin if you are also taking Prozac or Symbyax. Review any questions or worry about your physician.
- Usage Afeksin with care in the senior; they might be extra conscious its results, particularly reduced blood sodium levels.
- Care is suggested when making use of Afeksin in children; they could be a lot more sensitive to its effects, especially boosted danger of suicidal thoughts or activities.
- Afeksin needs to be used with extreme caution in children; security as well as effectiveness in youngsters have actually not been verified.
- Afeksin may create weight modifications. Youngsters and also teenagers could need routine weight as well as growth checks while they take Afeksin.
- Maternity and also breast-feeding: Afeksin may create harm to the unborn child if it is utilized throughout the last 3 months of maternity. If you conceive, contact your medical professional. You will certainly have to review the advantages and dangers of utilizing Afeksin while you are expecting. Afeksin is located in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while you are taking Afeksin.
All medications could trigger side effects, however many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Consult your doctor if any of these most usual adverse effects linger or become troublesome:
Anxiousness; lowered libido or capability; diarrhea; dizziness; sleepiness; dry mouth; flu-like signs and symptoms (eg, fever, cools, muscular tissue pains); boosted sweating; anorexia nervosa; nausea; nervousness; drippy nose; aching throat; stomach upset; problem resting; weakness.
Seek clinical attention right now if any one of these extreme adverse effects take place:
Serious allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; problem breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; uncommon hoarseness); bizarre habits; black or bloody feces; upper body pain; complication; decreased concentration; reduced coordination; exaggerated reflexes; extreme sweating; passing out; quickly or uneven heart beat; fever, chills, or aching throat; hallucinations; enhanced appetite, thirst, or peeing; joint or wrist aches or pain; memory loss; brand-new or intensifying agitation, anxiety attack, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritability, hostility, exaggerated sensation of well-being, uneasyness, or inability to rest still; consistent or severe buzzing in the ears; persistent, unpleasant erection; red, puffy, blistered, or peeling off skin; seizures; serious or relentless stress and anxiety, problem resting, or weakness; serious or relentless nausea, throwing up, looseness of the bowels, or frustration; substantial weight-loss; belly pain; self-destructive ideas or attempts; shake; uncommon discoloration or bleeding; uncommon hoarseness; unusual or serious mental or mood changes; uncommon swelling; unusual weakness; vision changes; aggravating of anxiety.
This is not a complete list of all adverse effects that may happen. If you have concerns concerning side effects, call your healthcare company.