AGASTIN (PRILOSEC) INDICATORS
Agastin is used for treating heartburn or irritation of the esophagus triggered by gastroesophageal reflux illness (GERD). It may likewise be used for temporary therapy of ulcers of the tummy or tiny intestinal tracts. It could additionally be used with certain prescription antibiotics to treat ulcers of the little intestines and also to help prevent them from returning. It could also be utilized to treat conditions that trigger your body making too much tummy acid (eg, Zollinger-Ellison disorder). Agastin is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by lowering the quantity of acid created in the belly.
AGASTIN (PRILOSEC) INSTRUCTIONS
Usage Agastin as routed by your doctor.
- Take Agastin by mouth on an empty stomach before eating.
- Swallow Agastin entire. Do not damage, crush, eat, or open Agastin before ingesting.
- If you have problem swallowing the capsule, include 1 tablespoon of applesauce to a vacant dish. Open up the capsule as well as clear the pellets into the applesauce. Mix the pellets with the applesauce as well as ingest the mix simultaneously, complied with by a glass of great water. The applesauce utilized ought to not be warm and need to be soft adequate to be swallowed with out eating. Do not eat or crush the pellets. Do not store the blend for additional usage.
- You might take antacids while you are using Agastin if you are guided to do so by your doctor.
- If you additionally take an imidazole antifungal (eg, ketoconazole), take it at least 2 hrs before taking Agastin.
- If you additionally take sucralfate, take Agastin at the very least Thirty Minutes before taking sucralfate.
- Continue to take Agastin also if you really feel well. Do not miss out on any dosages.
- If you miss out on a dose of Agastin, take it asap. If it is practically time for your next dosage, skip the missed out on dose and return to your routine dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care service provider any inquiries you might have regarding ways to make use of Agastin.
AGASTIN (PRILOSEC) EVEN MORE INFO:
Active Component: Omeprazole.
AGASTIN (PRILOSEC) STORAGE
Store Agastin at area temperature level, in between 59 and also 86 degrees F (15 and also 30 levels C). Keep away from warmth, wetness, as well as light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Agastin out of the reach of youngsters and also far from pets.
Do NOT use Agastin if:
- you are allergic to any type of active ingredient in Agastin
- you are taking an HIV protease prevention (eg, atazanavir).
Contact your medical professional today if any one of these relate to you.
Some clinical conditions might connect with Agastin. Tell your medical professional or pharmacist if you have any kind of medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are expecting, intending to come to be expectant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any type of prescription or nonprescription medication, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or various other substances
- if you have liver troubles or stomach or bowel cancer cells.
Some medications might communicate with Agastin. Tell your healthcare supplier if you are taking any other medicines, particularly any of the following:
- Clarithromycin or voriconazole due to the fact that they may increase the danger of Agastin's adverse effects
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), benzodiazepines (eg, diazepam), cilostazol, cyclosporine, digoxin, disulfiram, phenytoin, or tacrolimus since the danger of their negative effects may be boosted by Agastin
- Ampicillins, azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), clopidogrel, ginkgo biloba, HIV protease inhibitors (eg, atazanavir), or iron because their performance could be reduced by Agastin.
This could not be a complete checklist of all interactions that might occur. Ask your healthcare provider if Agastin might connect with other medications that you take. Contact your healthcare supplier before you start, stop, or change the dosage of any type of medicine.
Essential safety info:
- Agastin may create drowsiness or dizziness. These effects might be worse if you take it with alcohol or specific medications. Use Agastin with care. Do not drive or carry out various other possible unsafe tasks until you recognize how you respond to it.
- Call your doctor if you have any symptoms of a blood loss ulcer, such as black, tarry feces or throw up that looks like coffee premises, or if you experience throat pain, upper body discomfort, serious belly discomfort, or problem swallowing.
- Agastin could hinder specific lab tests. Be sure your physician and lab workers know you are taking Agastin.
- Agastin must be utilized with caution in Asian people; the threat of side effects may be increased in these people.
- Agastin should be used with severe care in children below 2 years of ages; security as well as efficiency in these kids have not been verified.
- Maternity as well as breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, call your physician. You will should talk about the benefits and also risks of making use of Agastin while you are pregnant. Agastin is discovered in bust milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Agastin.
All medications may cause negative effects, but many individuals have no, or minor, side effects.
Talk to your medical professional if any one of these most typical negative effects continue or come to be aggravating:
Looseness of the bowels; frustration.
Seek medical attention as soon as possible if any of these serious negative effects take place:
Serious allergies (breakout; hives; itching; trouble breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; uncommon hoarseness); upper body discomfort; dark urine; quickly or uneven heart beat; fever, cools, or aching throat; red, inflamed, raw, or peeling off skin; swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; unusual discoloration or bleeding; unusual exhaustion; vision adjustments; yellowing of the eyes or skin.
This is not a full list of all adverse effects that could take place. If you have concerns about negative effects, contact your health care service provider.