AK-ZOL (DIAMOX) INDICATIONS
Ak-zol is used to treat glaucoma and also to deal with and to stop severe hill health issues (acute mountain sickness). It is likewise made use of as a component of some therapy plans for coronary infarction and also seizure problems. Ak-zol is a carbonic anhydrase prevention. Carbonic anhydrase is a protein in your body. Ak-zol minimizes the task of this healthy protein.
AK-ZOL (DIAMOX) GUIDELINES
Use Ak-zol as guided by your medical professional.
- Take Ak-zol by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset happens, take with food to minimize tummy irritation.
- Consuming additional fluids while you are taking Ak-zol is advised.
- Swallow Ak-zol whole. Do not damage, crush, or eat prior to ingesting.
- Ak-zol may enhance the amount of urine or create you to pee more frequently when you initially start taking it. To keep this from disturbing your sleep, try to take your dose prior to 6 pm.
- If you miss out on a dosage of Ak-zol, take it as soon as possible. If it is nearly time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and also return to your routine dosing routine. Do not take 2 dosages at once.
Ask your healthcare supplier any kind of concerns you could have about the best ways to make use of Ak-zol.
AK-ZOL (DIAMOX) STORAGE SPACE
Keep Ak-zol at room temperature level, in between 59 and also 86 levels F (15 and also 30 levels C). Store in a tightly shut container. Keep away from heat, moisture, as well as light. Do not store in the washroom. Maintain Ak-zol out of the reach of kids and far from pet dogs.
AK-ZOL (DIAMOX) MORE INFORMATION:
Active Component: Acetazolamide.
- you dislike any kind of ingredient in Ak-zol
- you have adrenal gland problems, low blood levels of potassium or salt, kidney issues, liver problems (eg, cirrhosis), high blood degrees of chloride, or other electrolyte problems.
Call your physician or healthcare supplier right now if any one of these put on you.
Some clinical problems may engage with Ak-zol. Inform your physician or pharmacologist if you have any kind of medical problems, especially if any one of the adhering to relate to you:
- if you are expecting, preparing to become expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medication, herbal preparation, or nutritional supplement
- if you have hatreds medications, foods, or various other compounds
- if you have kidney stones, a lung illness, glaucoma (eg, persistent non-congestive angle-closure glaucoma), diabetes mellitus, or problem taking a breath
- if you have had an extreme allergic reaction (eg, a severe breakout, hives, breathing difficulties, or lightheadedness) to other sulfonamide medicine such as acetazolamide, celecoxib, particular diuretics (eg, hydrochlorothiazide), glyburide, probenecid, sulfamethoxazole, valdecoxib, or zonisamide.
Some medicines may engage with Ak-zol. Tell your health care company if you are taking any one of the following medicines:
- Salicylates (eg, aspirin) because they could increase the risk of Ak-zol's adverse effects
- Various other carbonic anhydrase inhibitors (eg, methazolamide), cyclosporine, quinidine, phenytoin, amphetamine, or salt bicarbonate due to the fact that the threat of their side effects could be enhanced by Ak-zol
- Primidone, salicylates (eg, aspirin), lithium, or methenamine due to the fact that their effectiveness might be reduced by Ak-zol.
This could not be a total checklist of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care supplier if Ak-zol might engage with other medications that you take. Get in touch with your health care company prior to you begin, quit, or change the dosage of any kind of medication.
Crucial safety and security info:
- Ak-zol may create sleepiness or short-lived vision modifications. These impacts may be even worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medications. Usage Ak-zol with caution. Do not drive or do various other feasible unsafe tasks until you understand exactly how you respond to it.
- Ak-zol may trigger you to come to be sunburnt extra easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths till you understand exactly how you respond to Ak-zol. Use a sun block or use protective garments if you should be outside for greater than a brief time.
- Inform your doctor or dental professional that you take Ak-zol prior to you receive any kind of medical or dental care, emergency situation care, or surgery.
- Diabetes people - Ak-zol could affect your blood sugar level. Inspect blood sugar levels very closely. Ask your medical professional prior to you change the dosage of your diabetic issues medication.
- Ak-zol might interfere with particular lab examinations. Make certain your medical professional as well as laboratory personnel know you are taking Ak-zol.
- Laboratory examinations, including blood electrolyte levels, complete blood cell matter, or platelet degrees, might be executed while you use Ak-zol. These examinations could be made use of to check your problem or check for negative effects. Make sure to keep all medical professional as well as lab consultations.
- Usage Ak-zol with caution in the elderly; they might be extra sensitive to its impacts.
- Ak-zol needs to be used with severe care in children younger 12 years; safety and effectiveness in these children have actually not been verified.
- Maternity and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, call your doctor. You will should review the advantages and also threats of utilizing Ak-zol while you are pregnant. Ak-zol is found in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Ak-zol.
All medications may cause adverse effects, yet many people have no, or small, negative effects.
Contact your doctor if any one of these most usual negative effects linger or end up being irritating:
Blurred vision; adjustments in taste; constipation; looseness of the bowels; sleepiness; frequent peeing; loss of appetite; queasiness; vomiting.
Extreme allergic reactions (breakout; hives; itching; problem breathing; tightness in the upper body; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blood in pee; modifications in hearing; convulsions; dark, bloody feces; dark pee; quick breathing; fever; absence of energy; reduced pain in the back; red, puffy, or blistered skin; supplanting the ears; aching throat; tingling of the arms or legs; uncommon bleeding or bruising; vision modifications; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a full listing of all negative effects that may happen. If you have questions about adverse effects, call your healthcare carrier.