ALANDIEM (CARDIZEM) INDICATIONS
Alandiem is utilized for dealing with supraventricular tachycardia, a rhythm disruption of the heart. It is also utilized for controlling heart price response to other rhythm disruptions, especially, atrial fibrillation as well as flutter. Alandiem is a calcium channel blocker. It works by slowing down the electric conduction in the heart, slowing heart price, and/or normalizing heart rhythm.
ALANDIEM (CARDIZEM) GUIDELINES
Use Alandiem as directed by your medical professional.
- Do not take the medication in bigger quantities, or take it for longer than recommended by your physician. Comply with the directions on your prescription label.
- Your doctor could occasionally change your dosage making sure you get the most effective arise from this drug.
- Take Alandiem with a full glass of water. Swallow the tablet whole. It is specially made to launch medicine slowly in the body. Breaking or opening the pill would create way too much of the drug to be released at once.
- It is very important to make use of Alandiem frequently to get one of the most profit. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely.
- Do not stop taking this medication without first speaking to your medical professional. If you stop taking Alandiem instantly, your problem may become worse.
- If you are being treated for high blood pressure, keep using this medication also if you really feel fine.
- If you miss a dose of Alandiem, utilize it immediately. If it is practically time for your next dosage, avoid the missed out on dose and return to your routine application routine. Do not make use of 2 dosages at once.
Ask your healthcare provider any kind of concerns you might have concerning ways to utilize Alandiem.
ALANDIEM (CARDIZEM) STORAGE SPACE
Store Alandiem at space temperature level far from dampness and also warmth. Keep Alandiem out of the reach of children and also far from pets.
ALANDIEM (CARDIZEM) EVEN MORE INFORMATION:
- you dislike any component in Alandiem
- you have sick sinus disorder or have second- or third-degree heart block as well as do not have a pacemaker, or very low high blood pressure
- you have atrial fibrillation or flutter as well as a pre-excitation disorder (added transmission path in the heart), such as Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome (WPW) or Lown-Ganong-Levine syndrome (LGL)
- you are receiving injectable beta-blockers (eg, metoprolol) or erythromycin.
Get in touch with your doctor or healthcare supplier right away if any one of these relate to you.
Some clinical conditions may interact with Alandiem. Tell your medical professional or pharmacist if you have any kind of medical conditions, specifically if any one of the adhering to relate to you:
- if you are pregnant, intending to come to be expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medicine, organic prep work, or nutritional supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or other compounds
- if you have cardiac arrest or have had a current cardiac arrest with lung blockage, heart block, low high blood pressure, a very slow heart price, or uncommon heart rhythm
- if you have kidney or liver disease.
Some medications could engage with Alandiem. Tell your healthcare service provider if you are taking other medications, especially any one of the following:
- Cimetidine or protease inhibitors (eg, indinavir) due to the fact that they may increase the actions and negative effects of Alandiem
- Rifampin since it could reduce the efficiency of Alandiem
- Amiodarone, cisapride, digoxin, erythromycin, protease preventions (eg, indinavir), quinidine, tricyclic antidepressants (eg, desipramine), theophylline, or general anesthetics due to the fact that hazardous results on the heart could happen
- Benzodiazepines (eg, midazolam), beta-blockers (eg, metoprolol), buspirone, carbamazepine, cilostazol, corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), cyclosporine, HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (eg, atorvastatin), macrolide immunomodulators (eg, tacrolimus) due to the fact that the threat of their side effects, some potentially lethal, could be raised by Alandiem.
This could not be a complete listing of all communications that may happen. Ask your healthcare carrier if Alandiem might engage with various other medications that you take. Consult your health care service provider prior to you start, stop, or transform the dose of any kind of medicine.
Vital safety and security information:
- Alandiem might cause wooziness. These results could be even worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medications. Usage Alandiem with caution. Do not drive or perform various other possible harmful tasks till you know just how you react to it.
- Alandiem may cause wooziness, faintness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, workout, or high temperature may increase these effects. To prevent them, stay up or stand slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or relax at the very first indicator of any of these impacts.
- Alandiem might cause you to come to be sunburned more easily. Prevent the sunlight, sunlamps, or tanning cubicles until you know just how you react to Alandiem. Make use of a sunscreen or put on protective clothes if you have to be outside for more than a brief time.
- Inform your medical professional or dental practitioner that you take Alandiem prior to you receive any kind of medical or oral treatment, emergency care, or surgical procedure.
- Lab examinations, including electrocardiogram (ECG), heart rate, and high blood pressure tracking, may be performed while you make use of Alandiem. These tests could be made use of to check your condition or check for adverse effects. Make sure to keep all doctor as well as laboratory visits.
- Use Alandiem with caution in the elderly; they might be much more sensitive to its effects.
- Alandiem ought to not be made use of in kids; safety and security as well as effectiveness in youngsters have not been confirmed.
- Maternity as well as breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your medical professional. You will need to review the benefits as well as risks of utilizing Alandiem while you are pregnant. Alandiem is located in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Alandiem.
All medications might cause adverse effects, but lots of people have no, or minor, negative effects.
Consult your doctor if any one of these most usual adverse effects persist or end up being troublesome:
Constipation; dizziness; face flushing; headache; weakness.
Look for medical attention as soon as possible if any of these severe negative effects happen:
Extreme allergic reactions (breakout; hives; itching; problem breathing; rigidity in the breast; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); hallucinations; uneven heartbeat; swelling of the feet or hands; symptoms of liver problems (eg, yellowing of the skin or eyes, dark urine, pale feces); tender, blood loss, or puffy gum tissues.
This is not a full checklist of all side effects that could occur. If you have concerns regarding adverse effects, call your healthcare service provider.