Albendazole is made use of for treating certain tapeworm infections. Albendazole is an anthelmintic. It functions by killing delicate parasites.
Usage Albendazole as guided by your doctor.
- Take Albendazole by mouth with food.
- If you have trouble swallowing the tablet whole, it may be smashed or chewed with a little water.
- If you miss out on a dose of Albendazole, take it asap. If it is almost time for your following dose, miss the missed dose and also return to your regular dosing timetable. Do not take 2 dosages simultaneously. If more than one dosage is missed out on, contact your physician or pharmacist.
Ask your healthcare supplier any question you might have concerning the best ways to utilize Albendazole.
ALBENDAZOLE STORAGE SPACE
Keep Albendazole at space temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C), in a tightly shut container. Store away from warm, dampness, as well as light. Do not store in the restroom. Maintain Albendazole from the reach of children as well as away from family pets.
Do NOT use Albendazole if:
- you dislike any component in Albendazole or to benzimidazoles (eg, rabeprazole).
Some clinical problems could communicate with Albendazole. Tell your doctor or pharmacologist if you have any type of medical problems, specifically if any of the complying with relate to you:
- if you are pregnant, intending to end up being expectant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any type of prescription or nonprescription medicine, natural prep work, or dietary supplement
- if you have hatreds medicines, foods, or various other materials
- if you have liver troubles, eye problems (eg, retinal sores), bone marrow troubles, low white blood cell counts, or low platelet matters.
Some medications may communicate with Albendazole. Inform your healthcare company if you are taking other medicines, particularly any one of the following:
- Cimetidine, dexamethasone, or praziquantel because they may boost the threat of Albendazole's side effects
- Theophylline due to the fact that the threat of its adverse effects might be boosted by Albendazole.
This may not be a full list of all communications that may happen. Ask your healthcare supplier if Albendazole could communicate with various other medications that you take. Contact your healthcare carrier before you begin, quit, or transform the dosage of any medicine.
Important safety and security info:
- Albendazole may cause lightheadedness. This effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol or specific medicines. Use Albendazole with caution. Do not drive or carry out other potentially dangerous jobs until you understand how you react to it.
- Albendazole might hardly ever lower the capacity of your body to eliminate infection. Prevent contact with individuals that have colds or infections. Inform your doctor if you observe indications of infection like high temperature, sore throat, breakout, or chills.
- If you are a female that may become pregnant, you need to have an adverse pregnancy examination before you begin taking Albendazole. You should use an efficient form of contraception while you take Albendazole and also for at the very least 1 month after you stop taking it.
- Laboratory examinations, consisting of full blood cell counts and also liver function, might be done while you use Albendazole. These tests could be used to monitor your problem or look for negative effects. Be sure to maintain all medical professional as well as laboratory appointments.
- Albendazole ought to be used with severe caution in children below 1 years of age; safety and efficiency in these children have not been confirmed.
- Maternity and breast-feeding: Do not make use of Albendazole if you are pregnant. It could cause injury to the unborn child. Avoid conceiving while you are taking it and for at least 1 month after you quit taking it. If you assume you may be expecting, call your physician immediately. It is not known if Albendazole is found in bust milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you make use of Albendazole, check with your medical professional. Talk about any type of possible dangers to your child.
All medications could create adverse effects, however many individuals have no, or minor, side effects.
Consult your medical professional if any of these most typical negative effects continue or come to be annoying:
Headache; nausea or vomiting; tummy discomfort; throwing up.
Seek clinical interest right now if any one of these extreme side effects occur:
Extreme allergies (breakout; hives; itching; problem breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); dark pee; lowered urination; high temperature, cools, or sore throat; red, swollen, peeling, or blistered skin; seizures; extreme or persistent dizziness or frustration; unusual discoloration or bleeding; unusual exhaustion or weakness; vision modifications; yellowing of the eyes or skin.
This is not a total list of all side effects that could happen. If you have inquiries concerning negative effects, contact your health care supplier.