ALCOSIN (VYTORIN) INDICATIONS
Alcosin is used for treating high cholesterol together with a cholesterol-lowering diet regimen. Alcosin is a combination of 2 medicines. Ezetimibe works by decreasing the quantity of cholesterol that your body absorbs from your diet plan. Simvastatin is an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor or "statin." It works by blocking an enzyme that is essential for your body to make cholesterol. Reducing cholesterol levels in the blood lowers the chance of cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular disease, and strokes. Alcosin has actually not been shown to decrease cardiac arrest or strokes more than simvastatin alone.
ALCOSIN (VYTORIN) INSTRUCTIONS
Use Alcosin as routed by your physician.
- Take Alcosin by mouth with or without food, ideally at night, unless guided otherwise by your doctor.
- Taking Alcosin at the same time every day will assist you keep in mind to take it.
- If you also take a bile acid sequestrant (eg, cholestyramine, colestipol, colesevelam), do not take it within 2 hours before or 4 hrs after taking Alcosin. Consult your medical professional if you have concerns.
- For ideal results, Alcosin should be utilized in addition to exercise, a low-cholesterol/low-fat diet regimen, and also a weight-loss program if you are overweight. Adhere to the diet plan as well as exercise program given to you by your healthcare provider.
- Consuming grapefruit or alcohol consumption grapefruit juice might boost the quantity of Alcosin in your blood, which could enhance your threat for major adverse effects. The danger could be higher with big quantities of grapefruit or grapefruit juice. Prevent large quantities of grapefruit or grapefruit juice (eg, greater than one quart day-to-day). Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you have inquiries about consisting of grapefruit or grapefruit juice in your diet while you are taking Alcosin.
- Most people with high cholesterol do not really feel sick. Continue to take Alcosin even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss out on a dose of Alcosin, take it as soon as possible. If it is nearly time for your following dose, skip the missed dosage and also go back to your normal application timetable. Do not take 2 doses simultaneously.
Ask your healthcare supplier any concerns you might have concerning how you can use Alcosin.
ALCOSIN (VYTORIN) STORAGE SPACE
Store Alcosin at room temperature, in between 68 as well as 77 levels F (20 as well as 25 levels C). Keep away from heat, wetness, and light. Do not store in the shower room. Maintain Alcosin out of the reach of children as well as far from animals.
ALCOSIN (VYTORIN) EVEN MORE INFO:
Active Active Ingredients: Ezetimibe, Simvastatin.
Do NOT make use of Alcosin if:
- you dislike any active ingredient in Alcosin
- you have liver problems or ongoing uncommon liver feature examination results
- you are taking an additional medication that contains simvastatin or ezetimibe
- you are taking an HIV protease prevention (eg, nelfinavir, lopinavir, ritonavir), itraconazole, ketoconazole, a macrolide or ketolide antibiotic (eg, clarithromycin, erythromycin, troleandomycin), mibefradil, or nefazodone
- you are expectant or breast-feeding.
Get in touch with your doctor or healthcare service provider right away if any of these relate to you.
Some medical problems could communicate with Alcosin. Inform your medical professional or pharmacist if you have any kind of medical problems, especially if any of the complying with apply to you:
- if you are expecting, planning to become expectant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medication, natural prep work, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or various other compounds
- if you are a lady of childbearing age
- if you have kidney troubles, muscle troubles, or a family members background of muscular tissue problems; reduced blood pressure; unchecked seizures; or severe metabolic, endocrine, or electrolyte issues
- if you are scheduled for major surgical treatment, have lately had a significant trauma, or have a severe infection or history of alcohol abuse
- if you have had a body organ transplant and are taking medicine to reduce a denial response.
Some medicines may connect with Alcosin. Tell your healthcare service provider if you are taking other medicines, specifically any one of the following:
- Amiodarone, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors (eg, enalapril), azole antifungals (eg, itraconazole, ketoconazole), cyclosporine, danazol, delavirdine, diltiazem, fibrates (eg, clofibrate, fenofibrate), fluconazole, gemfibrozil, HIV protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir), imatinib, macrolide anti-biotics (eg, erythromycin), macrolide immunosuppressives (eg, tacrolimus), mibefradil, nefazodone, niacin, nicotinic acid, streptogramins, telithromycin, verapamil, or voriconazole since side effects, such as muscular tissue pain, may take place
- Bosentan, carbamazepine, cholestyramine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), rifampin, or St. John's wort due to the fact that they could reduce Alcosin's efficiency
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) due to the fact that the risk of their adverse effects may be increased by Alcosin.
This may not be a total list of all communications that might take place. Ask your health care supplier if Alcosin might interact with various other medicines that you take. Check with your health care supplier prior to you begin, quit, or alter the dose of any type of medicine.
Essential safety and security info:
- Alcosin might cause lightheadedness, sleepiness, or modifications in vision. These impacts could be even worse if you take it with alcohol or specific medications. Use Alcosin with caution. Do not drive or perform various other possible hazardous jobs until you recognize just how you respond to it.
- It could take numerous weeks for Alcosin to work.
- Appropriate oral treatment is necessary while you are taking Alcosin. Brush as well as floss your teeth and visit the dental professional regularly.
- Alcosin might damage your liver. Your danger may be better if you consume alcohol while you are utilizing Alcosin. Talk to your doctor before you take Alcosin or other fever reducers if you consume more than 3 beverages with alcohol daily.
- Alcosin could create injury to your muscles, specifically when taken at greater doses or when taken with specific other medications. Contact your doctor right now if you experience muscle mass discomfort, inflammation, or weak point, particularly with a fever.
- Some patients taking Alcosin have actually reported inadequate memory or problem sleeping. If you experience these effects, get in touch with your doctor.
- Lab tests, including blood cholesterol levels, liver function examinations, or muscular tissue tests, could be carried out while you make use of Alcosin. These examinations may be used to monitor your problem or look for negative effects. Make sure to keep all medical professional and also lab consultations.
- Alcosin should be made use of with extreme care in kids younger Ten Years; safety and also efficiency in these kids have actually not been verified.
- Pregnancy as well as breast-feeding: Do not make use of Alcosin if you are pregnant. Avoid becoming pregnant while you are taking it. If you believe you could be expectant, call your doctor right now. It is not known if Alcosin is discovered in bust milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Alcosin.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many individuals have no, or small, negative effects.
Check with your doctor if any one of these most usual adverse effects continue or end up being bothersome:
Diarrhea; flu-like symptoms; headache; discomfort in the arms or legs; exhaustion; upper respiratory system tract infection.
Look for clinical attention as soon as possible if any one of these severe adverse effects happen:
Severe allergies (breakout; hives; itching; trouble taking a breath or ingesting; rigidity in the upper body; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); obscured vision or vision modifications; modification in the quantity of pee; upper body pain; dark pee; clinical depression; quick heartbeat; fever; anorexia nervosa; muscle mass inflammation, pain, or weakness; nausea or vomiting; tingling, prickling, melting, or weak point in the arms, hands, feet, or legs; pale feces; tummy inflammation; unexplained discomfort in the tummy or mid-upper back; unusual discoloration or blood loss; uncommon tiredness; throwing up; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a full list of all adverse effects that might happen. If you have inquiries about side effects, contact your healthcare supplier.