ALENTOL (SARAFEM) SIGNS
Alentol is utilized for dealing with premenstrual dysphoric problem (PMDD), an extreme form of premenstrual syndrome.Alentol is a selective serotonin reuptake prevention (SSRI). It functions by recovering the equilibrium of serotonin, an all-natural material in the brain, which assists to enhance mood.
ALENTOL (SARAFEM) INSTRUCTIONS
Use Alentol as routed by your doctor.
- Take Alentol by mouth with or without food.
- Taking Alentol at the very same time every day will help you keep in mind to take it.
- Remain to take Alentol even if you really feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- Do not instantly stop taking Alentol without consulting your medical professional. Side effects could happen. They may consist of mental or mood modifications, pins and needles or tingling of the skin, dizziness, complication, frustration, difficulty resting, or unusual fatigue. You will be very closely monitored when you begin Alentol as well as whenever a change in dose is made.
- If you miss out on a dosage of Alentol, take it as soon as possible. If it is nearly time for your next dosage, miss the missed out on dosage and go back to your normal dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at the same time.
Ask your health care company any concerns you might have about how you can use Alentol.
ALENTOL (SARAFEM) STORAGE
Keep Alentol at room temperature, between 59 and also 86 levels F (15 and also 30 degrees C). Keep away from warm, wetness, as well as light. Do not store in the washroom. Keep Alentol from the reach of children as well as far from pets.
ALENTOL (SARAFEM) EVEN MORE INFORMATION:
Energetic Ingredient: Fluoxetine hydrochloride.
- you are allergic to any type of active ingredient in Alentol
- you are taking or have actually taken a monoamine oxidase prevention (MAOI) (eg, phenelzine), selegiline, or St. John's wort within the last 2 Week
- you are taking a fenfluramine derivative (eg, dexfenfluramine), an H
Get in touch with your medical professional or healthcare service provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some clinical problems could connect with Alentol. Inform your physician or pharmacist if you have any type of medical problems, especially if any of the following put on you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to come to be expectant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any type of prescription or nonprescription medication, organic prep work, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or various other materials
- if you or a relative has a history of bipolar affective disorder (manic-depression), other psychological or mood issues, self-destructive thoughts or attempts, or alcohol or drug abuse
- if you have a background of seizures, heart issues, liver troubles, serious kidney problems, stomach or digestive tract bleeding, diabetes mellitus, or metabolic process issues
- if you are dehydrated, have reduced blood salt degrees, or drink alcohol
- if you will be having electroconvulsive treatment (ECT).
Some medicines may engage with Alentol. Tell your health care carrier if you are taking other medicines, specifically any of the following:
- Anorexiants (eg, phentermine), fenfluramine derivatives (eg, dexfenfluramine), linezolid, MAOIs (eg, phenelzine), metoclopramide, nefazodone, selegiline, serotonin 5-HT 1
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), pain killers, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen) due to the fact that the danger of blood loss, consisting of stomach bleeding, might be enhanced
- Diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) because the threat of reduced blood salt levels could be enhanced
- Tramadol since the danger of seizures may be boosted
- Cyclobenzaprine or H 1
- HIV protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir) because they might increase the danger of Alentol's adverse effects
- Cyproheptadine because it could lower Alentol's effectiveness
- Aripiprazole, benzodiazepines (eg, alprazolam), beta-blockers (eg, propranolol), carbamazepine, clozapine, dextromethorphan, digoxin, flecainide, haloperidol, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), lithium, norepinephrine reuptake preventions (eg, atomoxetine), phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine, thioridazine), pimozide, propafenone, risperidone, tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline), or vinblastine due to the fact that the danger of their negative effects could be increased by Alentol.
This might not be a full listing of all communications that may occur. Ask your healthcare supplier if Alentol might connect with various other medications that you take. Contact your healthcare supplier prior to you begin, quit, or change the dosage of any medication.
Crucial security info:
- Alentol may create drowsiness or wooziness. These impacts may be worse if you take it with alcohol or specific medicines. Take Alentol with care. Do not drive or do other possible risky tasks until you recognize how you respond to it.
- Check with your medical professional before you drink alcohol or use medicines that could create sleepiness (eg, rest aids, muscle relaxers) while you are taking Alentol; it may contribute to their impacts. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions concerning which medications could cause sleepiness.
- Several weeks might pass previously your signs improve. Do NOT take greater than the suggested dose, transform your dose, or take Alentol for longer compared to recommended without getting in touch with your doctor.
- Youngsters and young adults that take Alentol could go to enhanced threat for self-destructive thoughts or activities. Adults could additionally be influenced. The risk may be better in individuals who have actually had suicidal thoughts or actions in the past. The risk might likewise be greater in clients who have had bipolar (manic-depressive) health problem, or if their relative have actually had it. See clients who take Alentol closely. Get in touch with the doctor at once if new, worsened, or abrupt symptoms such as depressed mood; anxious, uneasy, or short-tempered habits; panic attacks; or any kind of unusual adjustment in mood or behavior happen. Contact the physician immediately if any kind of signs of suicidal ideas or activities take place.
- Diabetes patients - Alentol could affect your blood sugar. Inspect blood glucose levels carefully. Ask your medical professional prior to you transform the dose of your diabetic issues medication.
- Serotonin syndrome is a potentially deadly syndrome that could be brought on by Alentol. Your danger may be better if you take Alentol with certain other medicines (eg, MAOIs, SSRIs, "triptans"). Signs might consist of anxiety; coma; complication; extreme sweating; quick or uneven heartbeat; high temperature; hallucinations; nausea, throwing up, or looseness of the bowels; shake. Contact your medical professional at once if you have any of these signs and symptoms.
- Neuroleptic malignant disorder (NMS) is a perhaps deadly disorder that could be brought on by Alentol. Signs and symptoms might include fever; tight muscles; complication; abnormal thinking; quick or irregular heartbeat; as well as sweating. Contact your doctor simultaneously if you have any of these signs.
- If your medical professional tells you to quit taking Alentol, you will certainly have to await several weeks before beginning to take specific other medications (eg, MAOIs, nefazodone, thioridazine). Ask your physician when you should start to take your new medicines after you have actually stopped taking Alentol.
- Alentol could seldom cause a long term, agonizing erection. This could occur even when you are not having sex. If this is not dealt with right now, it can lead to permanent sex-related problems such as impotence. Get in touch with your medical professional as soon as possible if this takes place.
- Alentol has several of the same components as Prozac, a medicine made use of to treat depression and various other psychological problems, and also Symbyax, a medicine utilized to treat clinical depression in patients with bipolar illness. Do not take Alentol if you are additionally taking Prozac or Symbyax. Review any concerns or worry about your doctor.
- Use Alentol with caution in the elderly; they could be extra sensitive to its effects, especially reduced blood sodium levels.
- Caution is suggested when making use of Alentol in kids; they could be more conscious its effects, specifically increased danger of self-destructive ideas or actions.
- Alentol must be utilized with extreme caution in youngsters; safety as well as performance in kids have actually not been validated.
- Alentol might create weight modifications. Children as well as teens could need routine weight as well as growth checks while they take Alentol.
- Pregnancy and also breast-feeding: Alentol might create harm to the unborn child if it is used throughout the last 3 months of maternity. If you become pregnant, contact your medical professional. You will should go over the advantages and also threats of making use of Alentol while you are expecting. Alentol is found in breast milk. Do not nursed while you are taking Alentol.
All medicines could create adverse effects, but many people have no, or minor, negative effects.
Consult your doctor if any of these most usual side effects linger or end up being aggravating:
Anxiousness; decreased libido or capacity; looseness of the bowels; dizziness; sleepiness; dry mouth; flu-like signs and symptoms (eg, fever, cools, muscle pains); boosted sweating; anorexia nervosa; nausea; anxiety; dripping nose; aching throat; indigestion; trouble sleeping; weak point.
Seek medical attention today if any one of these extreme side effects happen:
Extreme allergic reactions (breakout; hives; itching; problem breathing; rigidity in the breast; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; uncommon hoarseness); peculiar actions; black or bloody stools; chest pain; confusion; reduced focus; lowered control; overstated reflexes; too much sweating; fainting; quickly or uneven heartbeat; fever, chills, or aching throat; hallucinations; boosted hunger, thirst, or urination; joint or wrist pains or pain; memory loss; new or intensifying anxiety, panic attacks, aggression, impulsiveness, impatience, hostility, overstated feeling of health, uneasyness, or failure to sit still; consistent or severe buzzing in the ears; consistent, agonizing erection; red, inflamed, raw, or peeling off skin; seizures; severe or persistent anxiousness, difficulty sleeping, or weak point; extreme or consistent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or frustration; significant weight management; stomach pain; suicidal thoughts or attempts; tremor; unusual discoloration or bleeding; uncommon hoarseness; unusual or serious psychological or mood changes; unusual swelling; uncommon weak point; vision modifications; worsening of anxiety.
This is not a complete listing of all adverse effects that could occur. If you have inquiries concerning side effects, contact your healthcare company.