ALGIFEN (DICLOFENAC) INDICATIONS
Algifen is used mainly for the therapy of inflammation and discomfort brought on by conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteo arthritis, and also ankylosing spondylitis. It is likewise efficient in dealing with soft tissue swellings because of tendinitis as well as bursitis, as well as treating dysmenorrhea (menstrual pains). Algifen is an NSAID. NSAIDs deal with the signs of discomfort and also inflammation. They do not deal with the condition that triggers those signs and symptoms.
ALGIFEN (DICLOFENAC) INSTRUCTIONS
Use Algifen as routed by your medical professional!
- Take Algifen by mouth. It could be taken with food if it troubles your belly. Taking it with food might not decrease the risk of stomach or bowel problems (eg, bleeding, ulcers). Talk with your medical professional or pharmacologist if you have consistent indigestion.
- Take Algifen with a complete glass of water (8 oz/240 mL) as routed by your medical professional.
- If you miss a dose of Algifen, take it as soon as possible. If it is nearly time for your following dose, miss the missed out on dose as well as return to your regular dosing timetable. Do not take 2 doses simultaneously.
Ask your health care service provider any kind of concerns you might have regarding how to utilize Algifen.
ALGIFEN (DICLOFENAC) STORAGE
Keep Algifen at 77 levels F (25 degrees C). Brief storage space at temperatures between 59 as well as 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is allowed. Store away from heat, dampness, as well as light. Do not store in the shower room. Maintain Algifen out of the reach of kids and also far from family pets.
Do NOT make use of Algifen if:
- you are allergic to any type of active ingredient in Algifen or to bovine (cow) protein
- you have had a serious allergy (eg, extreme breakout, hives, difficulty breathing, growths in the nose, wooziness) to aspirin or an NSAID (eg, advil, celecoxib)
- you have just recently had or will certainly be having bypass heart surgical treatment
- you have serious kidney issues
- you remain in the last 3 months of maternity.
Contact your medical professional or healthcare supplier today if this relates to you.
Some clinical problems may interact with Algifen. Inform your medical professional or pharmacist if you have any kind of clinical problems, especially if any of the following relate to you:
- if you are expecting, intending to come to be expectant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medication, organic prep work, or nutritional supplement
- if you have hatreds medications, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of kidney or liver issues, diabetes mellitus, or stomach or digestive tract problems (eg, bleeding, opening, ulcers)
- if you have a history of swelling or fluid build-up, asthma, developments in the nose (nasal polyps), or mouth swelling
- if you have high blood pressure, blood disorders (eg, porphyria), bleeding or clotting issues, heart problems (eg, cardiac arrest), or blood vessel disease, or if you go to danger for any one of these illness
- if you have poor wellness, dehydration or low liquid quantity, or low blood sodium degrees, you smoke, drink alcohol, or have a history of alcohol abuse
- if you are taking an antibiotic or an anti-seizure medicine. The threat of liver issues might be enhanced with some of these medicines.
Some medications might communicate with Algifen. Inform your health care company if you are taking any other medications, especially any one of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), aspirin, clopidogrel, corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), heparin and other blood thinners (eg, dalteparin), or discerning serotonin reuptake preventions (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine) due to the fact that the threat of belly bleeding might be boosted
- Acetaminophen due to the fact that the threat of liver problems may be enhanced
- Probenecid since it may boost the danger of Algifen's adverse effects
- Cyclosporine, lithium, metformin, methotrexate, oral NSAIDs (eg, ibuprofen), or quinolones (eg, ciprofloxacin) due to the fact that the risk of their adverse effects may be increased by Algifen
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors (eg, enalapril) or diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Algifen.
This might not be a complete listing of all communications that could occur. Ask your health care service provider if Algifen could connect with various other medicines that you take. Get in touch with your healthcare company before you start, quit, or alter the dosage of any type of medication.
Crucial safety and security details:
- Algifen could trigger dizziness or sleepiness. These impacts may be even worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Algifen with care. Do not drive or carry out various other possible risky jobs up until you know just how you respond to it.
- Severe stomach ulcers or bleeding could occur with the use of Algifen. Taking it in high doses, for a long time, smoking cigarettes, or alcohol consumption alcohol enhances the danger of these side effects. Taking Algifen with food will certainly NOT minimize the threat of these effects. If you have extreme tummy or pain in the back; black, tarry feces; vomit that resembles blood or coffee grounds; or uncommon weight gain or swelling, call your physician or emergency room immediately.
- Do NOT take more than the advised dose or usage for longer than recommended without consulting your medical professional.
- Algifen is an NSAID. Prior to you start any kind of brand-new medication, inspect the label to see if it has an NSAID (eg, ibuprofen) in it too. If it does or if you are uncertain, talk to your physician or pharmacist.
- Do not take pain killers while you are making use of Algifen unless your medical professional tells you to.
- Get in touch with your medical professional or pharmacologist prior to you take acetaminophen while you are taking Algifen. The risk of liver issues might be enhanced.
- Do not switch over in between different kinds of Algifen (eg, enteric-coated tablets, immediate-release tablets, pills) unless your physician tells you to. They may not supply the same quantity of medication to your body.
- Laboratory tests, including kidney function, liver function, blood electrolyte degrees, complete blood cell counts, as well as high blood pressure, may be executed while you make use of Algifen. These examinations might be utilized to monitor your problem or look for side effects. Make sure to keep all physician and also lab visits.
- Use Algifen with caution in the elderly; they might be a lot more sensitive to its results, particularly tummy bleeding as well as kidney troubles.
- Algifen needs to be used with severe caution in children; safety and security and performance in children have actually not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy as well as breast-feeding: Algifen could cause harm to the unborn child. Do not use it throughout the last 3 months of maternity. If you assume you might be pregnant, contact your medical professional. You will certainly need to discuss the benefits and threats of using Algifen while you are expectant. It is not known if Algifen is found in bust milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Algifen.
All medicines could cause side effects, but lots of people have no, or small, side effects.
Contact your doctor if any of these most typical side effects persist or end up being annoying:
Irregularity; looseness of the bowels; wooziness; sleepiness; migraine; mild tummy discomfort or heartburn; nausea or vomiting; vomiting.
Seek clinical interest right away if any of these serious adverse effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; rigidity in the breast; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody or black, tarry stools; adjustment in the amount of urine produced; chest discomfort; confusion; depression; fainting; fast or uneven heartbeat; fever, chills, or consistent aching throat; psychological or state of mind adjustments; feeling numb of an arm or leg; one-sided weak point; consistent flu-like symptoms; red, puffy, blistered, or peeling skin; supplanting the ears; seizures; extreme migraine or lightheadedness; serious or relentless belly pain or queasiness; severe throwing up or diarrhea; lack of breath; sudden or unexplained weight gain; swelling of the hands, legs, or feet; symptoms of liver issues (eg, dark urine, pale stools, persistent loss of appetite, yellowing of the skin or eyes); unusual discoloration or bleeding; uncommon joint or muscle mass discomfort; uncommon fatigue or weakness; vision or speech changes; throw up that appears like coffee grounds.
This is not a total checklist of all adverse effects that could occur. If you have inquiries regarding side effects, call your healthcare carrier.