ALGOFEN (MOTRIN) SIGNS
Algofen is made use of for dealing with rheumatoid arthritis, osteo arthritis, menstrual cramps, or mild to modest pain. Algofen is an NSAID. NSAIDs deal with the signs and symptoms of pain and also swelling. They do not treat the disease that triggers those signs and symptoms.
ALGOFEN (MOTRIN) DIRECTIONS
Usage Algofen as guided by your medical professional.
- Take Algofen by mouth with or without food. It may be taken with food if it upsets your tummy. Taking it with food may not decrease the danger of stomach or bowel problems (eg, bleeding, abscess). Talk with your doctor or pharmacologist if you have relentless stomach upset.
- Take Algofen with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL) as directed by your doctor.
- If you miss a dosage of Algofen as well as you are taking it consistently, take it immediately. If it is almost time for your following dose, miss the missed out on dose. Go back to your routine application schedule. Do not take 2 dosages at the same time.
Ask your health care carrier any inquiries you could have about the proper use of Algofen.
ALGOFEN (MOTRIN) STORAGE SPACE
Store Algofen at room temperature level, between 68 as well as 77 degrees F (20 as well as 25 levels C). Store far from warmth, moisture, and also light. Do not store in the shower room. Maintain Algofen out of the reach of youngsters and also far from pets.
ALGOFEN (MOTRIN) EVEN MORE INFO:
Energetic Active Ingredient: Advil.
Do NOT utilize Algofen if:
- you dislike any type of component in Algofen
- you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, serious breakout, hives, problem breathing, growths in the nose, lightheadedness) to aspirin or an NSAID (eg, ibuprofen, celecoxib)
- you have actually just recently had or will certainly be having bypass heart surgery
- you are in the last 3 months of maternity.
Call your medical professional or healthcare service provider as soon as possible if any one of these relate to you.
Some medical problems could connect with Algofen. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, particularly if any one of the complying with relate to you:
- if you are expectant, intending to come to be expectant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any type of prescription or nonprescription medication, natural product, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other materials
- if you have a history of kidney or liver condition, diabetes mellitus, or tummy or digestive tract issues (eg, bleeding, opening, abscess)
- if you have a history of swelling or fluid build-up, lupus, bronchial asthma, or growths in the nose (nasal polyps), or mouth swelling
- if you have hypertension, blood disorders, bleeding or clotting problems, heart troubles (eg, cardiac arrest), or blood vessel illness, or if you go to risk for any of these conditions
- if you have poor wellness, dehydration or low liquid quantity, or reduced blood sodium degrees, you consume alcohol, or you have a background of alcohol abuse.
Some medicines may connect with Algofen. Inform your health care company if you are taking any other medicines, particularly any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), pain killers, corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), heparin, or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine) since the threat of stomach blood loss could be increased
- Probenecid due to the fact that it may boost the danger of Algofen's negative effects
- Cyclosporine, lithium, methotrexate, or quinolones (eg, ciprofloxacin) because the threat of their side effects may be boosted by Algofen
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) preventions (eg, enalapril) or diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) due to the fact that their efficiency may be decreased by Algofen.
This may not be a complete checklist of all interactions that may occur. Ask your healthcare supplier if Algofen may connect with various other medications that you take. Get in touch with your health care supplier before you begin, quit, or transform the dose of any medication.
Vital security information:
- Algofen might trigger wooziness or drowsiness. These impacts may be worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medications. Use Algofen with caution. Do not drive or execute various other feasible harmful jobs up until you understand exactly how you respond to it.
- Major tummy abscess or blood loss can occur with making use of Algofen. Taking it in high dosages or for a long period of time, smoking cigarettes, or drinking alcohol increases the danger of these adverse effects. Taking Algofen with food will NOT lower the danger of these impacts. Call your physician or emergency room at the same time if you create serious stomach or pain in the back; black, tarry feces; vomit that looks like blood or coffee grounds; or uncommon weight gain or swelling.
- Do not take more than the suggested dosage or use for longer than recommended without consulting your doctor.
- Algofen has advil in it. Prior to you begin any type of brand-new medication, check the tag to see if it has ibuprofen in it too. If it does or if you are unsure, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not take aspirin while you are utilizing Algofen unless your physician tells you to.
- Lab tests, including kidney function, complete blood cell counts, and blood pressure, could be done to monitor your development or to look for side effects. Make sure to keep all physician as well as laboratory appointments.
- Usage Algofen with caution in the elderly; they might be a lot more conscious its impacts, consisting of tummy bleeding and kidney issues.
- Algofen ought to be utilized with severe caution in youngsters; safety and security as well as efficiency in children have not been verified.
- Maternity and also breast-feeding: Algofen could cause harm to the fetus. Do not take it during the last 3 months of maternity. If you think you may be expecting, call your doctor. You will should go over the advantages as well as dangers of taking Algofen while you are expectant. It is not known if Algofen is found in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Algofen.
All medicines can create side effects, but many people have no, or small, side effects.
Get in touch with your doctor if any of these most common side effects continue or become bothersome:
Irregularity; looseness of the bowels; dizziness; gas; migraine; heartburn; nausea; tummy discomfort or distress.
Seek medical attention immediately if any one of these severe adverse effects occur:
Serious allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; problem breathing; rigidity in the upper body; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody or black, tarry stools; modification in the amount of urine created; upper body discomfort; confusion; dark pee; clinical depression; fainting; quickly or irregular heart beat; fever, cools, or consistent aching throat; mental or state of mind changes; pins and needles of an arm or leg; discriminatory weakness; red, puffy, raw, or peeling off skin; supplanting the ears; seizures; severe headache or wooziness; extreme or persistent stomach discomfort or queasiness; severe vomiting; lack of breath; stiff neck; abrupt or inexplicable weight gain; swelling of hands, legs, or feet; unusual discoloration or blood loss; unusual joint or muscular tissue discomfort; uncommon exhaustion or weak point; vision or speech modifications; vomit that appears like coffee premises; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a total list of all side effects that could occur. If you have questions regarding side effects, contact your healthcare service provider.