ALGOFREN (MOTRIN) INDICATIONS
Algofren is used for treating rheumatoid joint inflammation, osteoarthritis, menstrual pains, or light to modest discomfort. Algofren is an NSAID. NSAIDs treat the signs of discomfort as well as inflammation. They do not treat the illness that causes those symptoms.
ALGOFREN (MOTRIN) DIRECTIONS
Usage Algofren as routed by your physician.
- Take Algofren by mouth with or without food. It might be taken with food if it troubles your tummy. Taking it with food might not decrease the threat of tummy or bowel issues (eg, bleeding, ulcers). Talk with your doctor or pharmacist if you have persistent stomach upset.
- Take Algofren with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL) as routed by your doctor.
- If you miss out on a dosage of Algofren as well as you are taking it frequently, take it immediately. If it is almost time for your next dosage, skip the missed out on dosage. Go back to your normal application routine. Do not take 2 dosages at the same time.
Ask your healthcare provider any type of concerns you might have concerning the appropriate use Algofren.
ALGOFREN (MOTRIN) STORAGE SPACE
Store Algofren at area temperature level, in between 68 and 77 levels F (20 and also 25 degrees C). Keep far from warm, dampness, and light. Do not store in the shower room. Keep Algofren out of the reach of children and far from family pets.
ALGOFREN (MOTRIN) MORE INFO:
Energetic Component: Ibuprofen.
Do NOT utilize Algofren if:
- you are allergic to any active ingredient in Algofren
- you have had a serious allergy (eg, severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, growths in the nose, wooziness) to aspirin or an NSAID (eg, ibuprofen, celecoxib)
- you have actually just recently had or will be having bypass heart surgery
- you are in the last 3 months of maternity.
Call your medical professional or health care carrier as soon as possible if any one of these put on you.
Some clinical problems may engage with Algofren. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any type of clinical problems, especially if any of the following relate to you:
- if you are pregnant, preparing to become expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any type of prescription or nonprescription medication, natural product, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or various other compounds
- if you have a history of kidney or liver illness, diabetes mellitus, or stomach or bowel problems (eg, bleeding, perforation, abscess)
- if you have a background of swelling or fluid build-up, lupus, bronchial asthma, or developments in the nose (nasal polyps), or mouth swelling
- if you have high blood pressure, blood disorders, bleeding or thickening issues, heart troubles (eg, cardiac arrest), or blood vessel disease, or if you go to danger for any of these diseases
- if you have poor health, dehydration or low fluid quantity, or low blood salt levels, you drink alcohol, or you have a history of alcoholic abuse.
Some medications could interact with Algofren. Tell your health care company if you are taking other medications, specifically any one of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), aspirin, corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), heparin, or careful serotonin reuptake preventions (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine) since the danger of belly blood loss could be enhanced
- Probenecid because it could enhance the threat of Algofren's side effects
- Cyclosporine, lithium, methotrexate, or quinolones (eg, ciprofloxacin) because the danger of their adverse effects may be enhanced by Algofren
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors (eg, enalapril) or diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) because their effectiveness might be lowered by Algofren.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that could take place. Ask your health care provider if Algofren might communicate with various other medications that you take. Get in touch with your health care company before you begin, stop, or change the dose of any type of medicine.
Essential safety and security information:
- Algofren may trigger lightheadedness or drowsiness. These impacts might be worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medicines. Use Algofren with caution. Do not drive or carry out various other possible harmful tasks up until you understand just how you respond to it.
- Severe tummy ulcers or blood loss can occur with making use of Algofren. Taking it in high doses or for a very long time, cigarette smoking, or drinking alcohol raises the threat of these side effects. Taking Algofren with food will certainly NOT lower the threat of these impacts. Call your physician or emergency clinic at once if you develop severe tummy or pain in the back; black, tarry stools; vomit that appears like blood or coffee premises; or uncommon weight gain or swelling.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose or usage for longer compared to suggested without checking with your medical professional.
- Algofren has advil in it. Before you begin any kind of brand-new medication, examine the label to see if it has ibuprofen in it as well. If it does or if you are unsure, get in touch with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not take aspirin while you are utilizing Algofren unless your doctor informs you to.
- Lab tests, including kidney function, total blood cell matters, as well as high blood pressure, might be done to check your development or to look for side effects. Make sure to maintain all medical professional and lab appointments.
- Use Algofren with caution in the elderly; they might be much more conscious its results, including belly blood loss as well as kidney problems.
- Algofren needs to be used with severe caution in children; safety as well as performance in kids have actually not been verified.
- Pregnancy as well as breast-feeding: Algofren could cause harm to the fetus. Do not take it during the last 3 months of pregnancy. If you believe you could be expectant, call your doctor. You will certainly have to discuss the advantages and also dangers of taking Algofren while you are pregnant. It is unknowned if Algofren is found in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Algofren.
All medicines could cause side effects, however many people have no, or small, side effects.
Contact your physician if any one of these most common adverse effects linger or become troublesome:
Bowel irregularity; diarrhea; dizziness; gas; migraine; heartburn; queasiness; tummy pain or trouble.
Look for clinical focus as soon as possible if any of these severe adverse effects take place:
Extreme allergies (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody or black, tarry feces; modification in the amount of urine created; chest pain; confusion; dark urine; anxiety; collapsing; fast or uneven heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; mental or state of mind modifications; feeling numb of an arm or leg; discriminatory weakness; red, inflamed, blistered, or peeling skin; ringing in the ears; seizures; serious headache or dizziness; extreme or consistent belly pain or nausea; serious throwing up; shortness of breath; tight neck; sudden or unusual weight gain; swelling of hands, legs, or feet; unusual bruising or blood loss; uncommon joint or muscle mass pain; uncommon tiredness or weak point; vision or speech modifications; throw up that appears like coffee premises; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a total list of all negative effects that might occur. If you have inquiries regarding negative effects, contact your healthcare company.