Allegra is used for treating seasonal allergic reaction symptoms such as sneezing, dripping nose, scratchy throat, or itchy, watery eyes. It is additionally made use of to treat hives as well as skin itching. Allegra is an antihistamine. It works by obstructing a compound in the body called histamine. This aids to lower allergic reaction signs.
Usage Allegra as directed by your medical professional.
- Take Allegra by mouth with or without food.
- Take Allegra with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL).
- Do not drink fruit juice at the exact same time as you take Allegra. Specific fruit juices (eg, grapefruit, apple, orange) might decrease Allegra's effectiveness.
- If you take antacids that contain aluminum or magnesium, do not take them at the very same time as Allegra. Ask your medical professional or pharmacologist ways to take them with Allegra.
- If you miss out on a dosage of Allegra, take it immediately. If it is nearly time for your following dose, miss the missed out on dosage as well as return to your routine dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses simultaneously.
- Overdose signs may consist of dry mouth, wooziness, or sleepiness.
Ask your healthcare company any type of questions you may have regarding ways to utilize Allegra.
Keep Allegra in between 68 as well as 77 levels F (20 and also 25 levels C). Store away from warmth, moisture, as well as light. Store in original packaging until prior to usage. Keep Allegra out of the reach of youngsters and also away from family pets.
ALLEGRA EVEN MORE DETAILS:
Energetic Ingredient: Fexofenadine hydrochloride.
- you dislike any active ingredient in Allegra.
Get in touch with your doctor right away if any one of these apply to you.
Some clinical conditions may interact with Allegra. Tell your physician or pharmacologist if you have any type of medical condition, particularly if any one of the complying with apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to come to be expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, organic preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have hatreds medications, foods, or various other compounds
- if you have kidney problems or problem urinating.
Some medicines could engage with Allegra. Inform your healthcare supplier if you are taking other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Erythromycin or ketoconazole because they could boost the threat of Allegra's side effects.
This could not be a complete checklist of all communications that may take place. Ask your health care carrier if Allegra could engage with various other medications that you take. Talk to your healthcare company prior to you start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine.
Important safety and security info:
- Allegra may create lightheadedness. It does not normally cause sleepiness when used under normal scenarios at the recommended doses. However, these results might be worse if you take Allegra with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Allegra with caution. Do not drive or carry out various other perhaps unsafe tasks up until you know how you react to it.
- Do NOT take more than the advised dosage or usage for longer compared to prescribed without consulting your medical professional.
- Allegra may interfere with skin allergic reaction tests. If you are arranged for a skin test, speak to your medical professional. You may have to quit taking Allegra for a few days prior to the tests.
- Use Allegra with care in the senior; they could be more sensitive to its impacts.
- Allegra should be made use of with severe care in children younger than 6 months old; security as well as effectiveness in these kids have actually not been verified.
- Maternity and also breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your medical professional. You will certainly have to go over the advantages and also risks of utilizing Allegra while you are expectant. It is not known if Allegra is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you utilize Allegra, talk to your doctor. Review any type of feasible risks to your infant.
All medications could cause negative effects, however many individuals have no, or small, side effects.
Consult your doctor if any one of these most usual negative effects continue or end up being bothersome:
Lightheadedness; frustration; indigestion.
Seek medical attention as soon as possible if any one of these serious adverse effects take place:
Severe allergies (breakout; hives; itching; trouble breathing; rigidity in the upper body; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); earache; high temperature; extreme or persistent coughing or vomiting.
This is not a full list of all side effects that might take place. If you have questions about adverse effects, call your health care supplier.