ALSIDOL (PRILOSEC) SIGNS
Alsidol is used for dealing with heartburn or inflammation of the esophagus brought on by gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It might likewise be utilized for short-term treatment of abscess of the belly or small intestinal tracts. It might likewise be used with specific prescription antibiotics to treat ulcers of the little intestines and to help stop them from returning. It could additionally be utilized to treat conditions that trigger your body making too much stomach acid (eg, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome). Alsidol is a proton pump prevention (PPI). It works by lowering the amount of acid created in the belly.
ALSIDOL (PRILOSEC) DIRECTIONS
Use Alsidol as routed by your physician.
- Take Alsidol by mouth on an empty tummy before consuming.
- Swallow Alsidol whole. Do not break, crush, chew, or open Alsidol before ingesting.
- If you have difficulty swallowing the pill, include 1 tbsp of applesauce to a vacant dish. Open up the capsule and also empty the pellets into the applesauce. Mix the pellets with the applesauce and also ingest the combination simultaneously, followed by a glass of great water. The applesauce utilized ought to not be hot as well as should be soft enough to be ingested with out eating. Do not chew or crush the pellets. Do not save the blend for additional usage.
- You may take antacids while you are making use of Alsidol if you are directed to do so by your medical professional.
- If you additionally take an imidazole antifungal (eg, ketoconazole), take it at least 2 hrs prior to taking Alsidol.
- If you likewise take sucralfate, take Alsidol at least Thirty Minutes prior to taking sucralfate.
- Continuously take Alsidol also if you really feel well. Do not miss any type of dosages.
- If you miss a dose of Alsidol, take it as soon as possible. If it is practically time for your following dose, avoid the missed dosage as well as go back to your routine dosing timetable. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any type of questions you could have about how to make use of Alsidol.
ALSIDOL (PRILOSEC) MORE INFORMATION:
ALSIDOL (PRILOSEC) STORAGE
Store Alsidol at space temperature level, between 59 and also 86 levels F (15 as well as 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, wetness, and light. Do not store in the washroom. Keep Alsidol out of the reach of youngsters and far from pet dogs.
Do NOT utilize Alsidol if:
- you are allergic to any kind of ingredient in Alsidol
- you are taking an HIV protease inhibitor (eg, atazanavir).
Contact your doctor immediately if any of these relate to you.
Some medical problems might communicate with Alsidol. Tell your physician or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any one of the complying with apply to you:
- if you are expectant, preparing to become expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medication, organic preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have hatreds medicines, foods, or various other materials
- if you have liver problems or tummy or digestive tract cancer cells.
Some medications might engage with Alsidol. Tell your healthcare company if you are taking other medicines, specifically any of the following:
- Clarithromycin or voriconazole since they could enhance the danger of Alsidol's adverse effects
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), benzodiazepines (eg, diazepam), cilostazol, cyclosporine, digoxin, disulfiram, phenytoin, or tacrolimus since the danger of their negative effects may be enhanced by Alsidol
- Ampicillins, azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), clopidogrel, ginkgo biloba, HIV protease preventions (eg, atazanavir), or iron due to the fact that their effectiveness might be decreased by Alsidol.
This might not be a total list of all communications that might happen. Ask your health care company if Alsidol might connect with other medications that you take. Contact your health care provider before you begin, quit, or change the dose of any medication.
Important security info:
- Alsidol might trigger drowsiness or lightheadedness. These impacts might be even worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medicines. Use Alsidol with caution. Do not drive or do various other possible risky jobs until you understand how you respond to it.
- Contact your medical professional if you have any type of signs of a blood loss abscess, such as black, tarry stools or throw up that appears like coffee premises, or if you experience throat discomfort, breast discomfort, extreme stomach discomfort, or difficulty ingesting.
- Alsidol might hinder particular laboratory examinations. Make certain your physician as well as lab employees know you are taking Alsidol.
- Alsidol ought to be made use of with caution in Oriental patients; the threat of negative effects may be enhanced in these patients.
- Alsidol needs to be used with extreme care in kids below 2 years of ages; safety and effectiveness in these children have actually not been validated.
- Pregnancy and also breast-feeding: If you conceive, contact your physician. You will should talk about the advantages and also risks of using Alsidol while you are expectant. Alsidol is discovered in bust milk. Do not nursed while taking Alsidol.
All medicines may cause adverse effects, but lots of people have no, or small, negative effects.
Check with your medical professional if any one of these most common negative effects persist or end up being bothersome:
Looseness of the bowels; frustration.
Seek clinical interest right now if any of these severe negative effects occur:
Extreme allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; uncommon hoarseness); breast pain; dark urine; quickly or irregular heart beat; fever, chills, or sore throat; red, puffy, blistered, or peeling skin; swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; unusual discoloration or bleeding; unusual tiredness; vision modifications; yellowing of the eyes or skin.
This is not a total list of all negative effects that may occur. If you have inquiries concerning negative effects, contact your health care service provider.