ALTACEF (CEFTIN) INDICATORS
ALTACEF (CEFTIN) INSTRUCTIONS
Usage Altacef as routed by your doctor.
- Take Altacef by mouth with or without food.
- Swallow Altacef entire. Do not break, crush, or eat before ingesting.
- Altacef works best if it is taken at the very same time daily.
- To clear your infection totally, take Altacef for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it also if you feel much better in a few days.
- If you miss a dosage of Altacef, take it asap. If it is nearly time for your following dosage, skip the missed out on dosage, and return to your normal dosing routine. Do not take 2 dosages at once.
Ask your health care provider any inquiries you may have about ways to use Altacef.
ALTACEF (CEFTIN) STORAGE SPACE
Store Altacef at space temperature, in between 59 as well as 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and also light. Do not store in the washroom. Keep Altacef out of the reach of youngsters and far from pets.
ALTACEF (CEFTIN) MORE INFO:
Do NOT utilize Altacef if:
- you are allergic to any kind of component in Altacef or to other cephalosporin antibiotic (eg, cephalexin, cefprozil).
Get in touch with your doctor or healthcare carrier immediately if any of these apply to you.
Tell your healthcare carrier if you have any type of medical conditions, especially if any one of the following relate to you:
- if you are expecting, intending to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any type of prescription or nonprescription medication, natural prep work, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or various other materials
- if you have looseness of the bowels, a tummy or intestinal infection, or a blood clot problem
- if you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, extreme rash, hives, difficulty breathing, lightheadedness) to a penicillin antibiotic (eg, amoxicillin) or various other beta-lactam antibiotic (eg, imipenem).
Some medicines could communicate with Altacef. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medications, specifically any of the following:
- Aminoglycosides (eg, gentamicin), cyclosporine, diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide), or other medications influencing the kidney because negative effects, such as kidney poisoning, may happen
- Hormonal contraceptives (eg, birth control pills) due to the fact that their efficiency could be decreased by Altacef.
This may not be a total list of all interactions that could take place. Ask your healthcare carrier if Altacef may communicate with various other medicines that you take. Get in touch with your healthcare provider prior to you start, stop, or transform the dose of any type of medicine.
Essential safety and security info:
- Contact your physician right now if tummy discomfort or pains, serious looseness of the bowels, or bloody feces take place during therapy or within numerous months after therapy with Altacef. Do not treat looseness of the bowels without first checking with your doctor.
- The tablet and also oral suspension types of Altacef are not comparable. Do not replace one for the various other.
- Altacef only works against germs; it does not deal with viral infections (eg, the cold).
- Be sure to make use of Altacef for the complete course of therapy. If you do not, the medicine might not clear up your infection entirely. The germs could additionally become less conscious this or other medicines. This can make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Lasting or duplicated use Altacef might trigger a second infection. Tell your medical professional if indicators of a 2nd infection take place. Your medicine could need to be altered to treat this.
- Diabetes mellitus individuals - Altacef could create the results of some tests for urine glucose to be incorrect. Ask your physician prior to you change your diet or the dosage of your diabetic issues medication.
- Hormone birth control (eg, contraceptive pill) could not function as well while you are making use of Altacef. To prevent pregnancy, utilize an additional type of birth control (eg, prophylactics).
- Laboratory tests, consisting of liver function, kidney function, and also total blood cell count, could be done while you make use of Altacef. These examinations might be utilized to check your problem or look for negative effects. Be sure to maintain all doctor and also lab appointments.
- Altacef must not be made use of in youngsters younger 3 months; security and effectiveness in these children have not been validated.
- Pregnancy as well as breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, call your physician. You will certainly need to discuss the advantages as well as dangers of utilizing Altacef while you are pregnant. Altacef is discovered in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Altacef.
All medicines might create negative effects, but many people have no, or minor, negative effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most usual adverse effects persist or become aggravating:
Diarrhea/loose feces; nausea or vomiting; vomiting.
Serious allergies (breakout; hives; itching; problem breathing; rigidity in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody feces; adjustment in the amount of urine; dark urine; simple discoloration or blood loss; tiredness; high temperature; seizures; extreme looseness of the bowels; stomach cramps/pain; vaginal irritability or discharge; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a full list of all side effects that could take place. If you have questions regarding side effects, call your health care carrier.