ALTAXA (IMITREX) SIGNS
Altaxa is indicated for the severe therapy of migraine assaults with or without aura in adults. Altaxa is a headache medication that tightens blood vessels around the brain. Altaxa additionally reduces substances in the body that can activate migraine discomfort, nausea or vomiting, level of sensitivity to light and also sound, and various other migraine symptoms.
ALTAXA (IMITREX) DIRECTIONS
Use Altaxa specifically as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer compared to suggested. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Overuse of migraine frustration medicine could actually make your headaches even worse.
Use Altaxa as soon as you notice headache signs and symptoms, or after a strike has currently started.
Your medical professional may wish to provide your first dosage of this medication in a hospital or center setting to see if you have any type of severe negative effects.
Take one Altaxa tablet whole with a complete glass of water. Do not split the tablet.
After taking a tablet: If your migraine does not entirely go away, or disappears and also comes back, take a second tablet 2 (2) hours after the first. Do not take more than 200 mg of sumatriptan dental tablets in 24 Hr. If your signs and symptoms have not boosted, call your physician before taking anymore tablets.
Considering that Altaxa is used as needed, it does not have a day-to-day dosing timetable. Call your medical professional promptly if your signs and symptoms do not enhance after utilizing this medication.
After taking a Altaxa tablet, you must wait 2 (2) hrs before taking a 2nd tablet. Do not take greater than 200 mg of sumatriptan tablets in 24 Hr.
After making use of Altaxa nasal spray, you should wait 2 (2) hours before using a 2nd spray. Do not use greater than 40 mg of nasal spray in 24 Hr.
Call your doctor if you have more than 4 migraines in one month (Thirty Day).
ALTAXA (IMITREX) STORAGE SPACE
In controlled clinical trials, single doses of 25, 50, or 100 mg of IMITREX Tablets worked for the acute treatment of migraine headache in adults. There is evidence that doses of 50 as well as 100 mg could supply a better effect compared to 25 mg.
The selection of dose must as a result be made on a specific basis, evaluating the possible benefit of a greater dosage with the capacity for a greater risk of unfavorable events.
If the frustration returns or the patient has a partial reaction to the preliminary dosage, the dosage might be repeated after 2 hours, not to go beyond a complete everyday dosage of 200 mg.
ALTAXA (IMITREX) STORAGE SPACE
Keep Altaxa at space temperature away from dampness, warmth, as well as light.
Do not make use of Altaxa within 24 Hr prior to or after making use of an additional migraine headache medication, including:
- sumatriptan injection, almotriptan (Axert), eletriptan (Relpax), frovatriptan (Frova), naratriptan (Amerge), rizatriptan (Maxalt, Maxalt-MLT), or zolmitriptan (Zomig); or
- ergot medicine such as dihydroergotamine (D.H.E. 45, Migranal), ergotamine (Ergomar, Cafergot, Migergot), dihydroergotamine (D.H.E. 45, Migranal), or methylergonovine (Methergine).
Altaxa could impair your thinking or responses. Beware if you drive or do anything that requires you to be sharp.
You must not make use of Altaxa if you dislike sumatriptan, or if you have:
- coronary heart problem, angina (chest pain), blood circulation problems, absence of blood supply to the heart;
- a background of cardiovascular disease, heart attack, or stroke, consisting of "mini-stroke";
- serious or uncontrolled hypertension;
- extreme liver illness;
- ischemic digestive tract condition; or
- a frustration that seems different from your common migraine headache headaches.
Do not utilize Altaxa if you have used an MAO prevention such as furazolidone (Furoxone), isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar), or tranylcypromine (Parnate) in the last 2 Week.
To make certain you could securely make use of Altaxa, tell your medical professional if you have any of these various other conditions:
- liver illness;
- kidney disease;
- epilepsy or other seizure disorder;
- hypertension, a heart rhythm problem; or
- coronary heart disease (or threat factors such as diabetic issues, menopause, cigarette smoking, being obese, having high cholesterol, having a household history of coronary artery condition, being older than 40 as well as a man, or being a woman who has had a hysterectomy).
FDA pregnancy category C. It is unknowned whether Altaxa will certainly damage an unborn baby. Tell your medical professional if you are pregnant or strategy to come to be pregnant while using this medicine. Sumatriptan can pass into bust milk and also may hurt a nursing infant. Do not breast-feed within 12 hours after using Altaxa. If you utilize a bust pump throughout this moment, throw out any milk you collect. Do not feed it to your infant. Altaxa should not be provided to any individual under 18 or over 65 years old.
Get emergency clinical help if you have any one of these indications of an allergy to Altaxa: hives; trouble breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop utilizing Altaxa and call your medical professional if you have a serious negative effects such as:
- sensation of pain or rigidity in your jaw, neck, or throat;
- breast pain or heavy feeling, pain infecting the arm or shoulder, queasiness, sweating, basic sick feeling;
- abrupt pins and needles or weak point, particularly on one side of the body;
- sudden extreme migraine, complication, troubles with vision, speech, or balance;
- abrupt and severe stomach pain and also bloody looseness of the bowels;
- seizure (convulsions);
- numbness or tingling and a pale or blue-colored look in your fingers or toes; or
- (if you are also taking an antidepressant) - agitation, hallucinations, fever, rapid heart rate, over active reflexes, nausea or vomiting, throwing up, diarrhea, loss of coordination, fainting.
Less severe Altaxa adverse effects could include:
- mild frustration (not a migraine);
- pressure or hefty sensation in any part of your body;
- really feeling hot or cool;
- wooziness, spinning feeling;
- nausea or vomiting, vomiting, salivating;
- uncommon preference in your mouth after making use of the nasal spray;
- burning, pins and needles, pain or various other irritability in your nose or throat after making use of the nasal spray; or
- heat, redness, or mild tingling under your skin.
This is not a full list of adverse effects and others might take place. Call your physician for medical advice about negative effects.