ALTEZYM (ZITHROMAX) INDICATIONS
Altezym is utilized for treating moderate to modest infections brought on by certain bacteria. It might additionally be made use of alone or with various other medications to treat or avoid particular infections in persons with sophisticated HIV infection. Altezym is a macrolide antibiotic. It slows down the growth of, or occasionally eliminates, sensitive microorganisms by decreasing the production of important healthy proteins required by the bacteria to survive.
ALTEZYM (ZITHROMAX) GUIDELINES
Usage Altezym as guided by your doctor.
- Take Altezym by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritability.
- Do not take an antacid that has light weight aluminum or magnesium in it within 1 hour before or 2 hrs after you take Altezym.
- Altezym functions best if it is taken at the very same time every day.
- To improve your infection completely, use Altezym for the complete training course of therapy. Maintain utilizing it even if you really feel better in a couple of days.
- If you miss out on a dose of Altezym, take it as soon as possible. If it is nearly time for your next dose, avoid the missed dosage as well as return to your regular application schedule. Do not take 2 doses simultaneously.
Ask your healthcare company any kind of concerns you could have concerning ways to use Altezym.
ALTEZYM (ZITHROMAX) STORAGE SPACE
Keep Altezym below 86 levels F (30 levels C). Store far from warm, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Maintain Altezym out of the reach of children and away from animals.
ALTEZYM (ZITHROMAX) MORE INFORMATION:
Energetic Ingredient: Azithromycin.
Do NOT utilize Altezym if:
- you are allergic to any type of ingredient in Altezym, to various other macrolide prescription antibiotics (eg, erythromycin), or to ketolide antibiotics (eg, telithromycin)
- you are taking dofetilide, nilotinib, pimozide, propafenone, or tetrabenazine.
Contact your physician or healthcare provider right away if any one of these relate to you.
Some clinical problems might connect with Altezym. Tell your physician or pharmacologist if you have any kind of clinical problems, specifically if any one of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, preparing to come to be pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any type of prescription or nonprescription medicine, natural prep work, or nutritional supplement
- if you have hatreds medicines, foods, or various other materials
- if you have liver or kidney problems, myasthenia gravis, or abnormal heart rhythms.
Some medications may engage with Altezym. Tell your health care provider if you are taking other medicines, especially any one of the following:
- Antiarrhythmics (eg, disopyramide, dofetilide ), arsenic, astemizole, cisapride, domperidone, maprotiline, methadone, paliperidone, pimozide, propafenone, quinolone prescription antibiotics (eg, levofloxacin), terfenadine, or tetrabenazine because the risk of heart problems, consisting of uneven heartbeat, may be increased
- Nelfinavir since it could boost the danger of Altezym's negative effects
- Rifampin due to the fact that it may decrease Altezym's efficiency
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), carbamazepine, cyclosporine, digoxin, ergot by-products (eg, ergotamine), nilotinib, phenytoin, rifampin, theophylline, triazolam, or tyrosine kinase receptor preventions (eg, dasatinib) due to the fact that the danger of their side effects could be enhanced by Altezym.
This might not be a full listing of all interactions that might occur. Ask your healthcare provider if Altezym could communicate with various other medicines that you take. Talk to your health care provider prior to you begin, quit, or change the dose of any medication.
Important security information:
- Altezym might cause drowsiness, wooziness, obscured vision, or faintness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or specific medicines. Use Altezym with caution. Do not drive or carry out other feasible dangerous tasks until you know just how you react to it.
- Altezym could cause you to become sunburned more easily. Stay clear of the sunlight, sunlamps, or tanning cubicles until you understand exactly how you react to Altezym. Make use of a sun block or use protective clothing if you have to be outside for greater than a short time.
- Moderate looseness of the bowels prevails with antibiotic use. Nonetheless, a more severe kind of looseness of the bowels (pseudomembranous colitis) may rarely occur. This might develop while you utilize the antibiotic or within a number of months after you stop utilizing it. Get in touch with your doctor immediately if stomach pain or pains, extreme diarrhea, or bloody stools happen. Do not deal with diarrhea without first monitoring with your medical professional.
- Inform your doctor or dental professional that you take Altezym before you get any clinical or oral treatment, emergency treatment, or surgical treatment.
- Lasting or repeated use Altezym might trigger a 2nd infection. Tell your doctor if indicators of a second infection happen. Your medicine could need to be changed to treat this.
- Make sure to make use of Altezym for the complete training course of therapy. If you do not, the medicine may unclear up your infection entirely. The germs could likewise end up being less conscious this or various other medications. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Altezym just works against germs; it does not deal with viral infections (eg, the cold).
- Altezym needs to not be utilized in children; safety and security and efficiency in children have not been verified.
- Pregnancy as well as breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, call your physician. You will have to talk about the advantages and threats of utilizing Altezym while you are pregnant. It is not known if Altezym is located in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Altezym, talk to your medical professional. Discuss any feasible dangers to your baby.
All medicines could trigger side effects, however lots of people have no, or small, side effects.
Consult your doctor if any of these most typical side effects linger or end up being bothersome:
Diarrhea; headache; loosened stools; nausea or vomiting; stomach pain; upset stomach; vomiting.
Look for medical focus today if any of these serious side effects take place:
Serious allergies (rash; hives; itching; trouble breathing; rigidity in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; uncommon hoarseness); bloody stools; adjustments in hearing or hearing loss; chest discomfort; eye or vision issues; irregular heartbeat; muscle mass weakness; battering in the upper body; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling off skin; ringing in the ears; seizure; serious diarrhea; tummy cramps/pain; difficulty speaking or ingesting; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a total listing of all side effects that might occur. If you have inquiries about negative effects, call your healthcare service provider.