ALTIAZEM (CARDIZEM) INDICATIONS
Altiazem is made use of for dealing with supraventricular tachycardia, a rhythm disturbance of the heart. It is also used for managing heart rate reaction to various other rhythm disturbances, specifically, atrial fibrillation and also flutter. Altiazem is a calcium network blocker. It works by reducing the electrical conduction in the heart, slowing heart price, and/or stabilizing heart rhythm.
ALTIAZEM (CARDIZEM) GUIDELINES
Use Altiazem as routed by your medical professional.
- Do not take the medicine in bigger amounts, or take it for longer than suggested by your physician. Adhere to the instructions on your prescription label.
- Your medical professional might periodically alter your dosage to make sure you obtain the most effective arise from this medicine.
- Take Altiazem with a complete glass of water. Ingest the pill whole. It is specially made to release medicine gradually in the body. Damaging or opening the tablet would certainly trigger excessive of the medication to be released at once.
- It is essential to utilize Altiazem frequently to obtain one of the most profit. Obtain your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine totally.
- Do not stop taking this medication without very first speaking to your doctor. If you quit taking Altiazem instantly, your condition might worsen.
- If you are being treated for high blood pressure, maintain using this drug also if you really feel fine.
- If you miss a dosage of Altiazem, utilize it immediately. If it is practically time for your next dosage, avoid the missed out on dosage as well as return to your routine dosing routine. Do not make use of 2 dosages at the same time.
Ask your healthcare service provider any kind of questions you may have about how you can utilize Altiazem.
ALTIAZEM (CARDIZEM) STORAGE SPACE
Store Altiazem at space temperature away from dampness as well as warm. Keep Altiazem from the reach of kids and also away from pets.
ALTIAZEM (CARDIZEM) EVEN MORE INFO:
Active Active ingredient: Diltiazem.
- you dislike any type of active ingredient in Altiazem
- you have sick sinus syndrome or have second- or third-degree heart block and do not have a pacemaker, or very reduced high blood pressure
- you have atrial fibrillation or flutter as well as a pre-excitation syndrome (additional conduction path in the heart), such as Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome (WPW) or Lown-Ganong-Levine syndrome (LGL)
- you are obtaining injectable beta-blockers (eg, metoprolol) or erythromycin.
Contact your medical professional or health care company right now if any of these relate to you.
Some medical conditions could engage with Altiazem. Tell your physician or pharmacist if you have any kind of clinical conditions, particularly if any one of the following put on you:
- if you are expectant, planning to become expectant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or nutritional supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or various other compounds
- if you have cardiac arrest or have had a current heart attack with lung blockage, heart block, reduced high blood pressure, a really slow-moving heart rate, or abnormal heart rhythm
- if you have kidney or liver disease.
Some medications may connect with Altiazem. Tell your healthcare company if you are taking any other medications, specifically any one of the following:
- Cimetidine or protease inhibitors (eg, indinavir) since they could raise the activities and also negative effects of Altiazem
- Rifampin due to the fact that it might lower the performance of Altiazem
- Amiodarone, cisapride, digoxin, erythromycin, protease inhibitors (eg, indinavir), quinidine, tricyclic antidepressants (eg, desipramine), theophylline, or general anesthetics because toxic results on the heart could occur
- Benzodiazepines (eg, midazolam), beta-blockers (eg, metoprolol), buspirone, carbamazepine, cilostazol, corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), cyclosporine, HMG-CoA reductase preventions (eg, atorvastatin), macrolide immunomodulators (eg, tacrolimus) since the threat of their negative effects, some possibly deadly, may be raised by Altiazem.
This may not be a total checklist of all interactions that may happen. Ask your health care company if Altiazem might interact with other medications that you take. Check with your health care company prior to you begin, quit, or change the dose of any kind of medicine.
Vital security information:
- Altiazem might trigger wooziness. These results could be even worse if you take it with alcohol or specific medicines. Usage Altiazem with caution. Do not drive or do various other feasible unsafe tasks till you recognize how you react to it.
- Altiazem may create dizziness, impaired thinking, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or high temperature may raise these effects. To prevent them, stay up or stand gradually, specifically in the early morning. Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these impacts.
- Altiazem could create you to end up being sunburnt a lot more quickly. Stay clear of the sunlight, sunlamps, or tanning cubicles till you recognize just how you react to Altiazem. Utilize a sunscreen or use safety garments if you should be outdoors for greater than a short time.
- Inform your medical professional or dentist that you take Altiazem prior to you receive any type of clinical or oral treatment, emergency situation treatment, or surgical treatment.
- Laboratory examinations, consisting of electrocardiogram (ECG), heart price, and also blood pressure monitoring, could be executed while you utilize Altiazem. These examinations may be utilized to monitor your problem or look for side effects. Make sure to maintain all doctor and also lab appointments.
- Usage Altiazem with care in the elderly; they could be extra sensitive to its results.
- Altiazem should not be made use of in children; safety and also performance in youngsters have actually not been verified.
- Maternity and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, call your doctor. You will certainly need to go over the benefits and dangers of utilizing Altiazem while you are expecting. Altiazem is discovered in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Altiazem.
All medicines may cause adverse effects, but many people have no, or minor, negative effects.
Consult your medical professional if any one of these most usual negative effects continue or end up being troublesome:
Irregular bowel movements; wooziness; face flushing; frustration; weakness.
Look for medical interest right away if any of these serious adverse effects take place:
Severe allergies (breakout; hives; itching; trouble breathing; rigidity in the breast; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); hallucinations; irregular heart beat; swelling of the feet or hands; signs and symptoms of liver issues (eg, yellowing of the skin or eyes, dark pee, light feces); tender, bleeding, or puffy gum tissues.
This is not a complete list of all adverse effects that could happen. If you have inquiries regarding adverse effects, call your healthcare service provider.