ALTIVA (ALLEGRA) INDICATORS
Altiva is used for treating seasonal allergy signs such as sneezing, runny nose, itchy throat, or scratchy, watery eyes. It is likewise made use of to treat hives and skin itchiness. Altiva is an antihistamine. It functions by blocking a substance in the body called histamine. This aids to decrease allergic reaction signs and symptoms.
ALTIVA (ALLEGRA) GUIDELINES
Use Altiva as routed by your doctor.
- Take Altiva by mouth with or without food.
- Take Altiva with a complete glass of water (8 oz/240 mL).
- Do not drink fruit juice at the very same time as you take Altiva. Certain fruit juices (eg, grapefruit, apple, orange) could decrease Altiva's efficiency.
- If you take antacids that contain aluminum or magnesium, do not take them at the very same time as Altiva. Ask your doctor or pharmacist ways to take them with Altiva.
- If you miss a dosage of Altiva, take it immediately. If it is nearly time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal dosing timetable. Do not take 2 doses simultaneously.
- Overdose signs and symptoms might consist of dry mouth, dizziness, or drowsiness.
Ask your health care service provider any questions you could have about how you can use Altiva.
ALTIVA (ALLEGRA) STORAGE SPACE
Keep Altiva in between 68 as well as 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Keep far from warm, dampness, as well as light. Keep in initial product packaging till just before use. Keep Altiva from the reach of youngsters and far from animals.
ALTIVA (ALLEGRA) MORE DETAILS:
Active Ingredient: Fexofenadine hydrochloride.
Do NOT utilize Altiva if:
- you dislike any type of active ingredient in Altiva.
Get in touch with your doctor as soon as possible if any one of these apply to you.
Some medical problems may communicate with Altiva. Inform your medical professional or pharmacist if you have any clinical condition, specifically if any of the complying with apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, intending to become expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any type of prescription or nonprescription medication, herbal preparation, or nutritional supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or other substances
- if you have kidney problems or problem urinating.
Some medications might engage with Altiva. Tell your health care service provider if you are taking other medicines, particularly any of the following:
- Erythromycin or ketoconazole since they might boost the risk of Altiva's side effects.
This could not be a full checklist of all communications that could occur. Ask your health care carrier if Altiva might interact with various other medicines that you take. Consult your health care provider prior to you start, quit, or alter the dose of any kind of medication.
Essential safety and security details:
- Altiva may cause wooziness. It does not typically trigger drowsiness when made use of under normal situations at the suggested dosages. However, these effects may be worse if you take Altiva with alcohol or specific medications. Use Altiva with care. Do not drive or perform other possibly dangerous jobs until you recognize how you react to it.
- Do NOT take more than the advised dosage or use for longer compared to prescribed without checking with your medical professional.
- Altiva might disrupt skin allergic reaction examinations. If you are arranged for a skin examination, speak to your physician. You could need to quit taking Altiva for a few days before the examinations.
- Use Altiva with care in the senior; they may be a lot more conscious its effects.
- Altiva should be used with extreme caution in kids younger than 6 months old; security and performance in these youngsters have not been verified.
- Pregnancy as well as breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your medical professional. You will certainly should discuss the benefits and dangers of making use of Altiva while you are expecting. It is unknowned if Altiva is located in bust milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you make use of Altiva, get in touch with your medical professional. Talk about any kind of feasible dangers to your infant.
All medicines could create side effects, but lots of people have no, or small, side effects.
Consult your physician if any one of these most usual side effects linger or become aggravating:
Wooziness; migraine; stomach upset.
Look for medical interest immediately if any one of these serious side effects happen:
Serious allergies (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; rigidity in the breast; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); earache; fever; severe or consistent coughing or throwing up.
This is not a total list of all adverse effects that might happen. If you have questions concerning adverse effects, contact your health care supplier.