ALTIZEM (CARDIZEM) INDICATORS
Altizem is utilized for dealing with supraventricular tachycardia, a rhythm disturbance of the heart. It is additionally made use of for regulating heart rate response to various other rhythm disturbances, specifically, atrial fibrillation and also flutter. Altizem is a calcium channel blocker. It works by slowing down the electrical transmission in the heart, reducing heart rate, and/or stabilizing heart rhythm.
ALTIZEM (CARDIZEM) DIRECTIONS
Use Altizem as directed by your doctor.
- Do not take the drug in larger amounts, or take it for longer compared to suggested by your physician. Comply with the instructions on your prescription tag.
- Your medical professional might occasionally alter your dose to make certain you obtain the very best arise from this medicine.
- Take Altizem with a full glass of water. Swallow the pill whole. It is particularly made to launch medicine gradually in the body. Damaging or opening up the pill would certainly cause too much of the medicine to be launched at one time.
- It is very important to utilize Altizem regularly to get one of the most profit. Obtain your prescription refilled prior to you lack medication entirely.
- Do not stop taking this medication without initial speaking to your doctor. If you quit taking Altizem suddenly, your problem may worsen.
- If you are being treated for hypertension, keep using this medicine also if you feel fine.
- If you miss a dosage of Altizem, use it as soon as possible. If it is nearly time for your following dosage, skip the missed dosage and also return to your normal dosing timetable. Do not utilize 2 doses at once.
Ask your healthcare supplier any kind of inquiries you might have about how you can make use of Altizem.
ALTIZEM (CARDIZEM) STORAGE
Keep Altizem at area temperature level away from wetness and warmth. Maintain Altizem from the reach of kids and far from family pets.
ALTIZEM (CARDIZEM) EVEN MORE INFO:
Active Ingredient: Diltiazem.
Do NOT utilize Altizem if:
- you dislike any type of ingredient in Altizem
- you have sick sinus disorder or have second- or third-degree heart block and also do not have a pacemaker, or really reduced high blood pressure
- you have atrial fibrillation or flutter and also a pre-excitation syndrome (extra transmission pathway in the heart), such as Wolff-Parkinson-White disorder (WPW) or Lown-Ganong-Levine disorder (LGL)
- you are getting injectable beta-blockers (eg, metoprolol) or erythromycin.
Get in touch with your doctor or healthcare service provider right now if any one of these relate to you.
Some clinical conditions might communicate with Altizem. Inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have any clinical problems, particularly if any one of the adhering to apply to you:
- if you are expectant, intending to become expectant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medication, organic preparation, or nutritional supplement
- if you have hatreds medications, foods, or various other compounds
- if you have cardiac arrest or have had a recent cardiovascular disease with lung congestion, heart block, reduced blood pressure, a really slow-moving heart price, or uncommon heart rhythm
- if you have kidney or liver condition.
Some medications might interact with Altizem. Tell your health care supplier if you are taking any other medicines, particularly any one of the following:
- Cimetidine or protease inhibitors (eg, indinavir) since they could enhance the actions and also negative effects of Altizem
- Rifampin due to the fact that it could decrease the effectiveness of Altizem
- Amiodarone, cisapride, digoxin, erythromycin, protease preventions (eg, indinavir), quinidine, tricyclic antidepressants (eg, desipramine), theophylline, or general anesthetics due to the fact that toxic impacts on the heart might happen
- Benzodiazepines (eg, midazolam), beta-blockers (eg, metoprolol), buspirone, carbamazepine, cilostazol, corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), cyclosporine, HMG-CoA reductase preventions (eg, atorvastatin), macrolide immunomodulators (eg, tacrolimus) due to the fact that the threat of their side effects, some possibly lethal, could be enhanced by Altizem.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may take place. Ask your health care supplier if Altizem could interact with other medications that you take. Check with your health care supplier before you start, stop, or transform the dosage of any medicine.
- Altizem could create wooziness. These results might be worse if you take it with alcohol or specific medications. Use Altizem with caution. Do not drive or perform various other feasible hazardous tasks until you recognize just how you react to it.
- Altizem could trigger lightheadedness, faintness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, workout, or high temperature may enhance these results. To avoid them, sit up or stand slowly, particularly in the morning. Sit or lie down at the initial indicator of any of these impacts.
- Altizem could create you to become sunburnt extra quickly. Stay clear of the sun, sunlamps, or tanning cubicles until you understand exactly how you respond to Altizem. Use a sunscreen or use safety clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Inform your physician or dental professional that you take Altizem prior to you get any clinical or dental care, emergency situation care, or surgical procedure.
- Lab examinations, consisting of electrocardiogram (ECG), heart rate, and high blood pressure monitoring, might be executed while you use Altizem. These tests might be utilized to check your condition or check for negative effects. Make sure to keep all physician and also lab appointments.
- Use Altizem with caution in the senior; they might be much more conscious its impacts.
- Altizem ought to not be utilized in kids; safety and security and efficiency in children have actually not been validated.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, call your physician. You will certainly should talk about the advantages and also threats of making use of Altizem while you are expectant. Altizem is found in bust milk. Do not nursed while taking Altizem.
All medications may trigger negative effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Talk to your physician if any one of these most typical negative effects persist or end up being bothersome:
Constipation; dizziness; facial flushing; migraine; weakness.
Look for medical interest immediately if any of these extreme negative effects happen:
Extreme allergic reactions (breakout; hives; itching; problem breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); hallucinations; uneven heart beat; swelling of the feet or hands; symptoms of liver troubles (eg, yellowing of the skin or eyes, dark pee, light stools); tender, blood loss, or swollen gums.
This is not a total listing of all side effects that may happen. If you have inquiries regarding side effects, contact your health care provider.