AMIMOX (AUGMENTIN) INDICATORS
Amimox is used for treating infections caused by certain bacteria. Amimox is a penicillin antibiotic. It works by killing delicate bacteria.
AMIMOX (AUGMENTIN) INSTRUCTIONS
Usage Amimox as guided by your medical professional.
- Take Amimox by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset takes place, take with food to reduce belly irritation.
- To clean up your infection entirely, take Amimox for the complete program of therapy. Maintain taking it even if you really feel better in a couple of days.
- If you miss a dosage of Amimox, take it immediately. If it is nearly time for your next dose, skip the missed out on dose and return to your regular dosing routine. Do not take 2 dosages simultaneously.
Ask your healthcare service provider any inquiries you may have concerning how to use Amimox.
AMIMOX (AUGMENTIN) STORAGE
Keep Amimox at or below 77 levels F (25 levels C). Keep far from heat, dampness, and also light. Do not store in the washroom. Maintain Amimox out of the reach of children as well as away from animals.
Do NOT utilize Amimox if:
- you are allergic to any kind of ingredient in Amimox or one more penicillin antibiotic (eg, ampicillin)
- you have a history of liver problems or yellowing of the eyes or skin triggered by Amimox
- you have contagious mononucleosis (mono)
- you are taking a tetracycline antibiotic (eg, doxycycline)
- you have actually recently gotten or will certainly be getting real-time oral typhoid vaccine.
Call your physician or health care provider right away if any one of these apply to you.
Some clinical problems might communicate with Amimox. Inform your medical professional or pharmacist if you have any clinical conditions, specifically if any one of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or nutritional supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or other compounds
- if you have a history of allergies, bronchial asthma, hay fever, or hives
- if you have had an extreme allergic reaction (eg, extreme breakout, hives, taking a breath difficulties, lightheadedness) to a cephalosporin (eg, cephalexin) or an additional beta-lactam antibiotic (eg, imipenem)
- if you have kidney problems or gonorrhea
- if you have a history of liver troubles or yellowing of the eyes or skin.
Some medicines might interact with Amimox. Tell your healthcare service provider if you are taking any other medications, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) because the danger of blood loss might be boosted
- Probenecid due to the fact that it might raise the amount of Amimox in your blood
- Chloramphenicol, macrolide prescription antibiotics (eg, erythromycin), sulfonamides (eg, sulfamethoxazole), or tetracycline anti-biotics (eg, doxycycline) due to the fact that they might lower Amimox's performance
- Methotrexate due to the fact that the danger of its negative effects may be increased by Amimox
- Live oral typhoid vaccination or hormone birth control (eg, contraceptive pill) because their effectiveness may be lowered by Amimox.
This may not be a total checklist of all communications that might occur. Ask your healthcare company if Amimox could interact with various other medicines that you take. Contact your healthcare service provider before you start, stop, or transform the dosage of any type of medicine.
Vital security information:
- Amimox could cause dizziness. This impact might be even worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medicines. Usage Amimox with care. Do not drive or do other feasible unsafe tasks till you understand exactly how you respond to it.
- Amimox only antagonizes microorganisms; it does not treat viral infections (eg, the common cold).
- Make certain to make use of Amimox for the full program of therapy. If you do not, the medication could not clear up your infection totally. The microorganisms might also come to be much less conscious this or other medications. This can make the infection harder to deal with in the future.
- Long-term or duplicated use of Amimox may trigger a 2nd infection. Tell your doctor if indications of a second infection take place. Your medication might need to be changed to treat this.
- Moderate diarrhea prevails with antibiotic usage. Nonetheless, an extra severe form of looseness of the bowels (pseudomembranous colitis) could hardly ever occur. This might establish while you use the antibiotic or within numerous months after you quit utilizing it. Contact your physician right now if tummy pain or pains, extreme looseness of the bowels, or bloody stools happen. Do not deal with looseness of the bowels without first monitoring with your physician.
- Hormone birth control (eg, birth control pills) might not work as well while you are making use of Amimox. To stop pregnancy, use an added form of birth control (eg, condoms).
- Brown, yellow, or gray tooth discoloration has happened hardly ever in some people taking Amimox. It happened usually in kids. The discoloration was minimized or eliminated by brushing or oral cleansing in most cases. Call your medical professional if you experience this impact.
- Diabetic issues clients - Amimox could create the results of some examinations for pee sugar to be wrong. Ask your doctor prior to you alter your diet or the dosage of your diabetes mellitus medicine.
- Laboratory examinations, including liver function, kidney function, and also full blood cell matters, could be carried out if you use Amimox for an extended period of time. These tests might be utilized to check your condition or look for side effects. Make sure to keep all doctor as well as laboratory consultations.
- Use Amimox with care in the senior; they could be much more sensitive to its effects, specifically patients with kidney problems.
- Use Amimox with severe care in children below 10 years old that have looseness of the bowels or an infection of the tummy or digestive tract.
- Amimox needs to not be used in kids that weigh much less compared to 88 pounds (40 kg); security as well as efficiency in these youngsters have actually not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, call your medical professional. You will have to talk about the benefits and also threats of utilizing Amimox while you are expectant. Amimox is found in bust milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Amimox, get in touch with your physician. Talk about any kind of possible dangers to your infant.
All medicines may create adverse effects, but lots of people have no, or small, negative effects.
Check with your physician if any of these most common negative effects continue or become bothersome:
Looseness of the bowels; nausea or vomiting; vomiting.
Look for medical attention right away if any of these severe adverse effects happen:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; rigidity in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody feces; confusion; dark pee; high temperature, chills, or persistent aching throat; red, inflamed, blistered, or peeling off skin; seizures; severe looseness of the bowels; tummy pain or aches; uncommon discoloration or blood loss; vaginal discharge or inflammation; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a total list of all negative effects that might occur. If you have questions regarding side effects, call your healthcare carrier.