ANGIOLIP (VYTORIN) INDICATORS
Angiolip is used for treating high cholesterol along with a cholesterol-lowering diet. Angiolip is a combination of 2 medicines. Ezetimibe jobs by minimizing the quantity of cholesterol that your body absorbs from your diet plan. Simvastatin is an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor or "statin." It functions by blocking an enzyme that is required for your body making cholesterol. Lowering cholesterol degrees in the blood decreases the chance of heart disease, heart attacks, and also strokes. Angiolip has actually not been shown to reduce cardiovascular disease or strokes greater than simvastatin alone.
ANGIOLIP (VYTORIN) GUIDELINES
Usage Angiolip as directed by your doctor.
- Take Angiolip by mouth with or without food, ideally at night, unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- Taking Angiolip at the exact same time each day will certainly assist you remember to take it.
- If you also take a bile acid sequestrant (eg, cholestyramine, colestipol, colesevelam), do not take it within 2 hours before or 4 hrs after taking Angiolip. Consult your medical professional if you have concerns.
- For finest outcomes, Angiolip should be made use of together with exercise, a low-cholesterol/low-fat diet plan, and also a weight-loss program if you are obese. Follow the diet plan and exercise program offered to you by your healthcare service provider.
- Consuming grapefruit or alcohol consumption grapefruit juice could enhance the quantity of Angiolip in your blood, which may increase your risk for significant adverse effects. The danger might be higher with big amounts of grapefruit or grapefruit juice. Avoid big quantities of grapefruit or grapefruit juice (eg, more than one quart everyday). Talk with your doctor or pharmacist if you have inquiries about consisting of grapefruit or grapefruit juice in your diet plan while you are taking Angiolip.
- Most people with high cholesterol do not really feel unwell. Remain to take Angiolip also if you feel well. Do not miss any kind of doses.
- If you miss out on a dose of Angiolip, take it immediately. If it is almost time for your next dosage, avoid the missed out on dose and also go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 dosages at the same time.
Ask your healthcare company any type of questions you could have about how you can use Angiolip.
ANGIOLIP (VYTORIN) STORAGE
Store Angiolip at room temperature level, in between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from warmth, dampness, as well as light. Do not store in the restroom. Maintain Angiolip from the reach of kids and far from pets.
ANGIOLIP (VYTORIN) EVEN MORE DETAILS:
Energetic Active Ingredients: Ezetimibe, Simvastatin.
- you are allergic to any type of component in Angiolip
- you have liver problems or recurring uncommon liver feature examination results
- you are taking one more medicine that contains simvastatin or ezetimibe
- you are taking an HIV protease prevention (eg, nelfinavir, lopinavir, ritonavir), itraconazole, ketoconazole, a macrolide or ketolide antibiotic (eg, clarithromycin, erythromycin, troleandomycin), mibefradil, or nefazodone
- you are expecting or breast-feeding.
Get in touch with your doctor or health care company immediately if any of these relate to you.
Some clinical conditions could interact with Angiolip. Tell your physician or pharmacologist if you have any clinical conditions, specifically if any one of the adhering to apply to you:
- if you are expectant, planning to end up being expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medication, herbal preparation, or nutritional supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or other compounds
- if you are a female of childbearing age
- if you have kidney problems, muscle mass issues, or a family members background of muscle issues; reduced blood pressure; uncontrolled seizures; or serious metabolic, endocrine, or electrolyte problems
- if you are scheduled for significant surgical procedure, have just recently had a significant injury, or have a serious infection or history of alcoholic abuse
- if you have had an organ transplant as well as are taking medicine to suppress a rejection reaction.
Some medicines could communicate with Angiolip. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Amiodarone, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors (eg, enalapril), azole antifungals (eg, itraconazole, ketoconazole), cyclosporine, danazol, delavirdine, diltiazem, fibrates (eg, clofibrate, fenofibrate), fluconazole, gemfibrozil, HIV protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir), imatinib, macrolide antibiotics (eg, erythromycin), macrolide immunosuppressives (eg, tacrolimus), mibefradil, nefazodone, niacin, nicotinic acid, streptogramins, telithromycin, verapamil, or voriconazole since negative effects, such as muscular tissue discomfort, may take place
- Bosentan, carbamazepine, cholestyramine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), rifampin, or St. John's wort due to the fact that they could reduce Angiolip's performance
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) since the danger of their adverse effects could be boosted by Angiolip.
This may not be a full checklist of all interactions that might take place. Ask your healthcare service provider if Angiolip might communicate with various other medicines that you take. Check with your healthcare service provider before you start, quit, or transform the dose of any medicine.
Crucial security details:
- Angiolip may trigger lightheadedness, drowsiness, or modifications in vision. These effects might be even worse if you take it with alcohol or specific medications. Use Angiolip with caution. Do not drive or perform various other feasible harmful jobs till you recognize just how you react to it.
- It might take several weeks for Angiolip to work.
- Appropriate dental treatment is necessary while you are taking Angiolip. Brush and also floss your teeth as well as visit the dentist consistently.
- Angiolip might harm your liver. Your risk might be better if you consume alcohol while you are using Angiolip. Speak to your medical professional prior to you take Angiolip or various other fever reducers if you consume alcohol greater than 3 beverages with alcohol per day.
- Angiolip could cause injury to your muscles, especially when taken at higher dosages or when taken with certain various other medicines. Call your doctor right now if you experience muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness, especially with a fever.
- Some individuals taking Angiolip have actually reported bad memory or trouble resting. If you experience these impacts, consult your doctor.
- Laboratory tests, consisting of blood cholesterol degrees, liver function tests, or muscular tissue tests, could be executed while you make use of Angiolip. These examinations could be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Make sure to keep all physician and laboratory visits.
- Angiolip needs to be utilized with severe caution in youngsters younger 10 years; safety and security as well as effectiveness in these children have not been verified.
- Maternity and breast-feeding: Do not utilize Angiolip if you are pregnant. Avoid conceiving while you are taking it. If you assume you could be pregnant, contact your physician today. It is unknowned if Angiolip is located in bust milk. Do not nursed while taking Angiolip.
All medications may trigger negative effects, however many individuals have no, or small, negative effects.
Consult your physician if any of these most common negative effects continue or end up being aggravating:
Diarrhea; flu-like signs; migraine; discomfort in the arms or legs; tiredness; upper respiratory system tract infection.
Look for clinical interest right now if any one of these severe adverse effects occur:
Severe allergies (breakout; hives; itching; problem breathing or swallowing; tightness in the breast; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); obscured vision or vision changes; modification in the amount of urine; upper body discomfort; dark urine; anxiety; fast heartbeat; high temperature; anorexia nervosa; muscle mass tenderness, discomfort, or weakness; queasiness; numbness, prickling, burning, or weakness in the arms, hands, feet, or legs; pale feces; stomach inflammation; unexplained discomfort in the tummy or mid-upper back; unusual discoloration or blood loss; uncommon tiredness; vomiting; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a full list of all side effects that might happen. If you have concerns concerning adverse effects, call your health care supplier.