ANTARA (TRICOR) INDICATORS
Antara is made use of for regulating high cholesterol as well as triglyceride levels in the blood. It is used in mix with a diet plan that is reduced in cholesterol as well as saturated fat. Antara is a lipid-lowering representative. It works by reducing elevated blood triglyceride degrees by making the liver produce fewer triglycerides as well as enhancing the elimination of triglycerides from the blood stream.
ANTARA (TRICOR) GUIDELINES
Use Antara as guided by your physician.
- Take Antara by mouth with or without food.
- Swallow Antara whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before ingesting. Do not take chipped or busted tablets.
- Take Antara with a complete glass of water (8 oz/240 mL).
- If you likewise take a bile acid-binding resin (eg, cholestyramine), do not take it within 4 to 6 hours before or 1 hour after taking Antara. Get in touch with your medical professional if you have any concerns.
- Take Antara on a normal schedule to obtain one of the most benefit from it.
- If you miss a dosage of Antara, take it immediately. If it is almost time for your following dosage, avoid the missed dosage as well as return to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 dosages at once.
Ask your health care carrier any concerns you might have regarding the best ways to make use of Antara.
ANTARA (TRICOR) STORAGE
Keep Antara in between 68 as well as 77 levels F (20 as well as 25 degrees C) in a moisture-protective container. Short storage at temperature levels between 59 and also 86 levels F (15 as well as 30 degrees C) is allowed. Store away from warmth, wetness, and light. Do not store in the restroom. Maintain Antara from the reach of children and also away from animals.
ANTARA (TRICOR) MORE INFO:
Active Ingredient: Fenofibrate.
Do NOT use Antara if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Antara
- you have gallbladder issues, liver problems (consisting of cirrhosis, hepatitis), or serious kidney problems (eg, kidney failing)
- you are breast-feeding or expectant.
Call your physician or health care company as soon as possible if any of these put on you.
Some medical conditions could communicate with Antara. Inform your physician or pharmacist if you have any type of clinical conditions, especially if any of the adhering to put on you:
- if you are expecting, preparing to become expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or nutritional supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or various other substances
- if you have diabetes mellitus, an underactive thyroid, heart blood vessel issues, gallstones, kidney troubles, or certain muscular tissue issues (myopathy)
- if you have a history of pancreatitis or blood clots in your blood vessels (deep capillary thrombosis or lung embolism)
- if you are extremely obese, have a non-active way of living, or you consume huge quantities of alcohol
- if you are taking a beta-blocker (eg, propranolol), estrogen, or thiazide diuretic (eg, hydrochlorothiazide).
Some medications might communicate with Antara. Inform your healthcare provider if you are taking any other medicines, particularly any one of the following:
- HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (eg, simvastatin) since the danger of serious muscle mass problems bring about kidney failing may be boosted
- Immunosuppressants (eg, cyclosporine) or other medications that might hurt the kidney (eg, aminoglycoside antibiotics
, amphotericin B, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs , tacrolimus, vancomycin) because they could decrease Antara's discharging and boost the danger of its negative effects
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) or sulfonylureas (eg, glipizide) due to the fact that the risk of their side effects may be boosted by Antara.
This might not be a full list of all communications that might occur. Ask your healthcare supplier if Antara might connect with various other medicines that you take. Consult your health care service provider before you begin, quit, or transform the dosage of any kind of medication.
Essential security info:
- Antara may trigger dizziness or lightheadedness. These effects might be even worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medicines. Use Antara with care. Do not drive or carry out various other feasible dangerous tasks until you recognize exactly how you respond to it.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while you are utilizing Antara.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dosage without talking to your medical professional.
- Follow the diet regimen, exercise, as well as weight decrease program given to you by your healthcare carrier.
- Report any unusual muscle mass discomfort, tenderness, or weakness to your medical professional as soon as possible, specifically if you also have a high temperature or general body pain.
- Lab examinations, consisting of liver feature, kidney feature, blood cholesterol, and various other blood examinations, may be performed while you utilize Antara. These tests could be made use of to check your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all medical professional and also laboratory consultations.
- Use Antara with care in the elderly; they may be a lot more sensitive to its effects.
- Antara must be utilized with extreme care in children; safety and security as well as performance in children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you plan on becoming pregnant, call your medical professional. You will certainly need to go over the benefits and threats of utilizing Antara while you are pregnant. It is not known if Antara is found in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Antara.
All medicines could trigger side effects, but lots of people have no, or small, side effects.
Consult your physician if any of these most common negative effects linger or become troublesome:
Frustration; nausea or vomiting.
Look for medical attention right away if any one of these extreme side effects take place:
Serious allergies (breakout; hives; itching; problem breathing; tightness in the breast; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); calf bone discomfort; chest pain; confusion; dark pee; fast, sluggish, or irregular heartbeat; high temperature, chills, or relentless sore throat; boosted coughing or divulging blood; muscle mass pain, inflammation, or weak point (with or without high temperature as well as tiredness); pale feces; red, puffy, blistered, or peeling off skin; extreme or persistent dizziness or lightheadedness; severe or consistent nausea or vomiting, tummy discomfort, or throwing up; extreme discomfort or swelling in the ankles, feet, or legs; shortness of breath; unusual bruising or blood loss; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a full listing of all negative effects that could occur. If you have questions concerning adverse effects, contact your health care provider.