ATLANSIL (CORDARONE) INDICATORS
Atlansil is made use of for dealing with life-threatening persistent heart rhythm disruptions in individuals who could not endure or do not react well to other medicines. Atlansil is an antiarrhythmic. It works by supporting the heart rhythm in problems where the heart is defeating also quick or in an irregular rhythm. It is typically used in situations where the uncommon heart rhythms, otherwise treated, could cause death.
ATLANSIL (CORDARONE) GUIDELINES
Usage Atlansil as routed by your doctor.
- Take Atlansil by mouth. It is ideal taken with food. Nonetheless, it is more important to take it consistently when it come to meals. If you take it with food, aim to constantly take it with food to improve absorption of Atlansil. If you prefer to take it on an empty stomach, then constantly attempt to take it on an empty stomach.
- Do not consume grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while you take Atlansil.
- Atlansil functions best when there is a consistent degree of the medicine in your body. Take Atlansil on a regular routine around the clock, unless your medical professional tells you or else. Take it at the same time daily.
- If you miss out on a dosage of Atlansil, take it immediately. If it is almost time for your following dosage, avoid the missed out on dosage as well as go back to your routine dosing timetable. Do not take 2 doses simultaneously.
Ask your healthcare company any type of inquiries you might have regarding ways to utilize Atlansil.
ATLANSIL (CORDARONE) STORAGE
Store Atlansil at space temperature, in between 59 as well as 77 degrees F (15 and also 25 degrees C), in a securely shut container. Keep away from heat, dampness, and also light. Do not store in the shower room. Maintain Atlansil out of the reach of children and also away from pets.
ATLANSIL (CORDARONE) MORE INFO:
Do NOT use Atlansil if:
- you are allergic to any type of component in Atlansil, including iodine
- you have total, 2nd level, third level, or extreme sinoatrial heart block; an abnormally slow heartbeat; or shock due to serious heart issues; or if you have actually had passing out due to reduce heartbeat (other than if you have a pacemaker)
- you are taking cisapride, dofetilide, an H
Contact your physician or healthcare carrier right away if any of these relate to you.
Some clinical problems could interact with Atlansil. Inform your physician or pharmacist if you have any medical problems, particularly if any one of the following relate to you:
- if you are pregnant, intending to become expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or nutritional supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or other substances
- if you have a background of liver issues, lung disease, heart issues, reduced high blood pressure, thyroid troubles, electrolyte issues (eg, low blood potassium or magnesium), eye issues, or sinoatrial heart block
- if you will certainly be having surgical procedure, or if you have a dental implanted pacemaker or defibrillator
- if you take medicine for diabetes mellitus (eg, glyburide).
Some medicines might communicate with Atlansil. Tell your healthcare company if you are taking any other medicines, specifically any one of the following:
- Antiarrhythmics (eg, flecainide), arsenic, azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), cimetidine, cisapride, diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide), dofetilide, droperidol, H 1
- Numbing pain relievers (eg, fentanyl) because low blood pressure, slow-moving heart beat, and various other heart problems might take place
- Cholestyramine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), rifampin, or St. John's wort because they might lower Atlansil's effectiveness
- Thyroid hormones (eg, levothyroxine) due to the fact that their performance may be lowered or the danger of their adverse effects might be increased by Atlansil
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), beta-blockers (eg, propranolol), calcium network blockers (eg, verapamil, diltiazem), cyclosporine, dextromethorphan, digoxin, HMG-CoA reductase preventions (eg, simvastatin), lidocaine, or methotrexate since the threat of their adverse effects could be increased by Atlansil
- Clopidogrel due to the fact that its performance could be reduced by Atlansil.
This might not be a complete list of all interactions that could happen. Ask your healthcare company if Atlansil might interact with various other medications that you take. Consult your healthcare supplier before you start, quit, or transform the dosage of any kind of medicine.
Vital security info:
- Atlansil may create dizziness, impaired thinking, or obscured vision. These impacts may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medications. Usage Atlansil with caution. Do not drive or perform various other possible dangerous jobs till you understand how you respond to it.
- Serious as well as often fatal lung or other breathing problems have actually been reported with Atlansil. Get in touch with your medical professional immediately if you develop lack of breath, upper body pain, wheezing, high temperature, or cough, or if you start divulging blood.
- Lasting exposure to Atlansil may cause blue-gray discoloration of the skin, specifically of the face and hands. This effect is not dangerous and normally reverses, in some cases incompletely, after the medicine is stopped. Staying clear of long term direct exposure to the sunlight might aid to avoid this result.
- Limitation liquors while taking Atlansil.
- It may take a number of days to weeks for Atlansil to function. A feedback might not be seen for up to 3 weeks after the medicine is begun.
- Atlansil remains in your body for weeks or months, after you are not taking it. For that reason, care is encouraged not just during treatment, but for a number of months after treatment with Atlansil has stopped if you are taking any engaging medications.
- Atlansil might cause skin responses similar to severe sunburn or level of sensitivity to sunshine. Avoid the sunlight, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you recognize exactly how you respond to Atlansil. Utilize a sunscreen or use protective apparel if you need to be outside for more than a brief time.
- Tell your doctor or dental professional that you take Atlansil before you get any clinical or oral treatment, emergency situation care, or surgery (including eye surgical procedure to deal with vision troubles).
- Your doctor might want you to inspect your pulse rate every day while you take Atlansil. Find out ways to check your pulse.
- Carry an ID card whatsoever times that states you take Atlansil.
- Lab examinations, consisting of electrocardiogram (ECG), chest x-rays, lung tests, liver tests, thyroid examinations, and also eye tests, may be performed while you make use of Atlansil. These tests could be made use of to monitor your problem or look for adverse effects. Be sure to maintain all doctor and laboratory consultations.
- Atlansil must be made use of with severe care in children; safety and security as well as efficiency in kids have not been confirmed.
- Maternity as well as breast-feeding: Atlansil has actually been revealed to create injury to the unborn child. If you believe you may be expecting, contact your physician. You will certainly have to review the benefits and also dangers of making use of Atlansil while you are pregnant. Atlansil is discovered in bust milk. Do not nursed while taking Atlansil.
All medications might cause side effects, but many individuals have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your medical professional if any one of these most usual negative effects linger or become irritating:
Abnormal skin sensations (loss of sensation; prickling; feeling numb; prickling); bitter taste in mouth; turquoise discoloring of skin (especially hands or feet); constipation; reduced sex-related passion; dizziness; dry eyes; flushing of the face; general body discomfort; headache; involuntary muscular tissue movements; loss of appetite; nausea; bad sychronisation; exhaustion; trouble sleeping; vomiting.
Seek clinical focus right away if any one of these serious adverse effects occur:
Extreme allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; problem breathing; rigidity in the upper body; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); breast pain; cools; temperature; coughing; divulging blood; dark pee; reduced peeing; simple bruising or bleeding; enlarged thyroid gland; eye discomfort; exhaustion; fever; uneven pulse; loss of sychronisation; menstrual modifications; muscle discomfort, inflammation, or weakness (specifically with high temperature or unusual tiredness); uneasiness; persistent sore throat; extreme wooziness; extreme tummy discomfort; lack of breath; skin reaction similar to major sunburn; slow-moving heartbeat; sluggishness; sweating; tingling or numbness of hands or feet; unchecked trembling or shake; unusual weight change; vision adjustments (seeing halos, obscured vision, loss of vision); hissing; aggravating of irregular heart beat; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a full listing of all negative effects that could happen. If you have questions about adverse effects, call your health care supplier.