ATRIDOX (DOXYCYCLINE) INDICATIONS
Atridox is utilized for dealing with infections triggered by certain bacteria. It may be utilized in combination with various other medications to treat certain amoeba infections. It might additionally be used to prevent or reduce the development of anthrax after exposure. Atridox is a tetracycline antibiotic. It functions by slowing down the development of bacteria. Slowing microorganisms's growth permits the body's body immune system to ruin the microorganisms.
ATRIDOX (DOXYCYCLINE) GUIDELINES
Take Atridox specifically as it was suggested for you.
- Do not take the medication in bigger quantities, or take it for longer compared to advised by your medical professional. Adhere to the directions on your prescription tag.
- Take Atridox with a complete glass of water (8 ounces).
- Do not take the medicine with milk or other dairy items, unless your medical professional has actually told you to. Dairy products can make it harder for your body to take in the medication.
- Do not crush, break, or open up a capsule. Ingest the pill whole. It is specially made to release medication gradually in the body. Breaking or opening up the tablet would trigger way too much of the medicine to be released at one time.
- Take Atridox for the whole length of time recommended by your physician. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely treated.
- Atridox will not deal with a viral infection such as the common cold or influenza.
- Do not offer this medication to an additional individual, even if they have the very same condition you have.
- If you should have any sort of surgical procedure, inform the doctor beforehand that you are taking Atridox. You may need to quit utilizing the medication for a short time.
- Do not take any kind of Atridox after the expiration date printed on the label. Making use of ran out Atridox can trigger damages to your kidneys.
- Do not provide Atridox to a kid younger 8 years. It can create long-term yellowing or graying of the teeth, as well as it can impact a child's growth.
- If you miss out on a dose of Atridox, utilize it asap. If it is practically time for your next dosage, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing routine. Do not use 2 dosages at once.
Ask your health care provider any inquiries you might have about the best ways to utilize Atridox.
ATRIDOX (DOXYCYCLINE) STORAGE
Keep Atridox at room temperature level in between 68 as well as 77 levels F (20 and also 25 levels C) in a tightly shut container. Short periods at temperature levels of 59 to 86 degrees F (15 to 30 levels C) are allowed. Keep away from heat, moisture, and also light. Do not store in the shower room. Maintain Atridox from the reach of children and away from pet dogs.
Do NOT make use of Atridox if:
- you are allergic to any kind of component in Atridox, or to comparable medications such as demeclocycline (Declomycin), minocycline (Dynacin, Minocin, Solodyn, Vectrin), or tetracycline (Brodspec, Panmycin, Sumycin, Tetracap)
- you are taking acitretin, isotretinoin, or a penicillin (eg, amoxicillin)
- you have lately received or will certainly be obtaining an online oral typhoid injection.
Contact your doctor or healthcare supplier right away if any one of these relate to you.
Some medical problems may interact with Atridox. Inform your medical professional or pharmacologist if you have any type of clinical conditions, especially if any one of the adhering to apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to come to be pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any type of prescription or nonprescription medicine, natural prep work, or dietary supplement
- if you have hatreds medicines, foods, or various other compounds
- if you have looseness of the bowels, a belly or digestive tract infection, a history of lupus, or the blood disease porphyria
- if you have liver or kidney illness, you may require a dose change or unique tests to securely take Atridox.
Some medicines might interact with Atridox. Tell your healthcare company if you are taking any other medications, specifically any of the following:
- Barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), carbamazepine, or hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) since they may reduce Atridox's efficiency
- Acitretin or isotretinoin because negative effects, such as increased pressure inside the skull (causing serious frustrations and also vision issues) may happen
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), digoxin, methotrexate, or methoxyflurane since the risk of their side effects may be increased by Atridox
- Live oral typhoid vaccination, hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills), or penicillins (eg, amoxicillin) due to the fact that their effectiveness might be lowered by Atridox.
This might not be a complete listing of all interactions that could happen. Ask your health care provider if Atridox might communicate with various other medicines that you take. Contact your health care provider before you start, quit, or change the dosage of any medication.
Vital safety and security information:
- Make sure to use Atridox for the complete training course of treatment. If you do not, the medication might not clear up your infection entirely. The bacteria could additionally come to be much less conscious this or other medications. This might make the infection harder to deal with in the future.
- Lasting or repeated use of Atridox could cause a second infection. Tell your physician if signs of a 2nd infection occur. Your medication may have to be transformed to treat this.
- Mild looseness of the bowels is common with antibiotic usage. Nevertheless, a more significant kind of diarrhea (pseudomembranous colitis) may seldom occur. This may create while you make use of the antibiotic or within several months after you quit using it. Get in touch with your doctor as soon as possible if stomach pain or aches, extreme looseness of the bowels, or blood feces take place. Do not deal with looseness of the bowels without initial monitoring with your physician.
- Atridox may trigger you to come to be sunburned much more easily. Stay clear of the sunlight, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Atridox. Utilize a sunscreen or use protective garments if you should be outdoors for greater than a short time.
- Tell your doctor or dental professional that you take Atridox before you get any medical or oral care, emergency situation treatment, or surgical treatment.
- Hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills) may not function also while you are utilizing Atridox. To stop pregnancy, make use of an added kind of birth control (eg, prophylactics).
- Atridox may hinder specific laboratory tests. Make certain your physician and lab personnel know you are making use of Atridox.
- Maternity and breast-feeding: Atridox has actually been shown to trigger damage to the fetus. If you assume you may be expecting, contact your doctor. You will have to review the advantages and also threats of using Atridox while you are expecting. Atridox is located in bust milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Atridox.
All medicines may trigger side effects, but many people have no, or small, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any one of these most usual negative effects linger or become aggravating:
Loss of appetite; nausea or vomiting; sensitivity to sunshine; throwing up.
Look for medical attention immediately if any of these extreme side effects occur:
Severe allergies (breakout; hives; itching; problem breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; uncommon hoarseness); bloody feces; chest discomfort; dark urine; decreased peeing; fever, chills, or aching throat; modest to serious sunburn; severe looseness of the bowels; severe or persistent migraine; belly discomfort or cramps; throat irritability; problem ingesting; uncommon discoloration or bleeding; uncommon joint pain; uncommon exhaustion; vaginal inflammation or discharge; vision changes; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a full list of all side effects that might take place. If you have questions regarding negative effects, contact your health care supplier.