AZIFAST (ZITHROMAX) INDICATORS
Azifast is made use of for dealing with moderate to modest infections triggered by particular germs. It may additionally be utilized alone or with other medicines to deal with or protect against certain infections in persons with innovative HIV infection. Azifast is a macrolide antibiotic. It reduces the growth of, or sometimes eliminates, sensitive microorganisms by lowering the manufacturing of essential proteins needed by the germs to survive.
AZIFAST (ZITHROMAX) DIRECTIONS
Use Azifast as directed by your medical professional.
- Take Azifast by mouth with or without food. If indigestion takes place, take with food to minimize tummy irritation.
- Do not take an antacid that has light weight aluminum or magnesium in it within 1 hour prior to or 2 hrs after you take Azifast.
- Azifast works best if it is taken at the exact same time each day.
- To clean up your infection entirely, make use of Azifast for the full training course of therapy. Keep using it even if you really feel much better in a few days.
- If you miss out on a dosage of Azifast, take it immediately. If it is almost time for your next dose, avoid the missed out on dosage and return to your regular application routine. Do not take 2 dosages at once.
Ask your health care supplier any concerns you could have about the best ways to make use of Azifast.
AZIFAST (ZITHROMAX) STORAGE SPACE
Store Azifast listed below 86 degrees F (30 levels C). Keep away from heat, wetness, as well as light. Do not store in the bathroom. Maintain Azifast from the reach of kids and away from pet dogs.
AZIFAST (ZITHROMAX) MORE DETAILS:
Energetic Component: Azithromycin.
- you dislike any kind of active ingredient in Azifast, to various other macrolide antibiotics (eg, erythromycin), or to ketolide prescription antibiotics (eg, telithromycin)
- you are taking dofetilide, nilotinib, pimozide, propafenone, or tetrabenazine.
Call your medical professional or health care carrier right now if any of these apply to you.
Some clinical problems might communicate with Azifast. Tell your doctor or pharmacologist if you have any type of clinical conditions, particularly if any of the complying with put on you:
- if you are expecting, intending to come to be expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medication, natural prep work, or dietary supplement
- if you have hatreds medications, foods, or other compounds
- if you have liver or kidney problems, myasthenia gravis, or unusual heart rhythms.
Some medications could communicate with Azifast. Inform your healthcare provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Antiarrhythmics (eg, disopyramide, dofetilide ), arsenic, astemizole, cisapride, domperidone, maprotiline, methadone, paliperidone, pimozide, propafenone, quinolone antibiotics (eg, levofloxacin), terfenadine, or tetrabenazine due to the fact that the risk of heart problems, including irregular heart beat, could be increased
- Nelfinavir because it could enhance the danger of Azifast's negative effects
- Rifampin since it may lower Azifast's efficiency
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), carbamazepine, cyclosporine, digoxin, ergot by-products (eg, ergotamine), nilotinib, phenytoin, rifampin, theophylline, triazolam, or tyrosine kinase receptor inhibitors (eg, dasatinib) because the danger of their adverse effects could be increased by Azifast.
This might not be a full checklist of all communications that could occur. Ask your healthcare service provider if Azifast could interact with other medicines that you take. Contact your health care provider prior to you start, stop, or change the dosage of any medication.
Essential safety info:
- Azifast could create drowsiness, dizziness, obscured vision, or faintness. These results could be worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medications. Usage Azifast with caution. Do not drive or carry out other possible harmful jobs till you know how you respond to it.
- Azifast may trigger you to end up being sunburned a lot more easily. Prevent the sunlight, sunlamps, or tanning cubicles till you understand exactly how you react to Azifast. Utilize a sun block or use protective garments if you must be outdoors for more than a short time.
- Light diarrhea is common with antibiotic usage. However, an extra major type of looseness of the bowels (pseudomembranous colitis) may rarely happen. This may develop while you use the antibiotic or within several months after you stop utilizing it. Call your physician as soon as possible if stomach pain or pains, severe diarrhea, or bloody stools happen. Do not treat looseness of the bowels without very first checking with your doctor.
- Inform your medical professional or dental expert that you take Azifast prior to you obtain any medical or oral care, emergency situation care, or surgical procedure.
- Lasting or repeated use Azifast might cause a 2nd infection. Tell your physician if indications of a second infection occur. Your medicine could should be transformed to treat this.
- Make certain to make use of Azifast for the full training course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine could not clear up your infection completely. The germs might also end up being less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to deal with in the future.
- Azifast just antagonizes germs; it does not treat viral infections (eg, the common cold).
- Azifast ought to not be used in kids; safety and effectiveness in kids have actually not been validated.
- Maternity as well as breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, call your physician. You will need to go over the benefits and also risks of utilizing Azifast while you are expectant. It is unknowned if Azifast is discovered in breast milk. If you are or will certainly be breast-feeding while you utilize Azifast, check with your doctor. Go over any kind of possible risks to your baby.
All medicines might create adverse effects, but many people have no, or small, side effects.
Contact your doctor if any one of these most usual side effects continue or end up being bothersome:
Looseness of the bowels; headache; loosened feces; nausea or vomiting; stomach discomfort; upset stomach; throwing up.
Look for clinical attention right now if any one of these extreme adverse effects take place:
Severe allergies (breakout; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; rigidity in the breast; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; uncommon hoarseness); bloody stools; changes in hearing or hearing loss; chest pain; eye or vision problems; irregular heart beat; muscular tissue weak point; pounding in the chest; red, puffy, raw, or peeling off skin; supplanting the ears; seizure; serious diarrhea; stomach cramps/pain; problem talking or swallowing; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete checklist of all side effects that might take place. If you have inquiries regarding negative effects, call your health care supplier.