AZIMIT (ZITHROMAX) INDICATORS
Azimit is used for treating mild to moderate infections triggered by specific germs. It could additionally be made use of alone or with other medications to deal with or prevent certain infections in persons with sophisticated HIV infection. Azimit is a macrolide antibiotic. It reduces the growth of, or often kills, sensitive microorganisms by minimizing the production of important proteins needed by the bacteria to endure.
AZIMIT (ZITHROMAX) INSTRUCTIONS
Use Azimit as directed by your medical professional.
- Take Azimit by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to decrease stomach irritation.
- Do not take an antacid that has light weight aluminum or magnesium in it within 1 hr prior to or 2 hours after you take Azimit.
- Azimit functions ideal if it is taken at the very same time daily.
- To improve your infection totally, make use of Azimit for the full course of treatment. Maintain using it even if you really feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dosage of Azimit, take it immediately. If it is nearly time for your following dose, avoid the missed out on dosage and return to your normal application routine. Do not take 2 dosages at the same time.
Ask your healthcare provider any type of questions you could have about ways to use Azimit.
AZIMIT (ZITHROMAX) STORAGE SPACE
Keep Azimit below 86 degrees F (30 degrees C). Store far from warmth, wetness, and also light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Azimit from the reach of youngsters as well as away from pets.
AZIMIT (ZITHROMAX) MORE INFORMATION:
Active Active Ingredient: Azithromycin.
Do NOT utilize Azimit if:
- you dislike any type of component in Azimit, to other macrolide antibiotics (eg, erythromycin), or to ketolide prescription antibiotics (eg, telithromycin)
- you are taking dofetilide, nilotinib, pimozide, propafenone, or tetrabenazine.
Contact your physician or healthcare service provider right now if any of these put on you.
Some medical problems may engage with Azimit. Inform your physician or pharmacist if you have any kind of medical problems, specifically if any of the following put on you:
- if you are expectant, planning to come to be expectant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any type of prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or other compounds
- if you have liver or kidney issues, myasthenia gravis, or uncommon heart rhythms.
Some medicines may connect with Azimit. Inform your healthcare carrier if you are taking other medicines, particularly any of the following:
- Antiarrhythmics (eg, disopyramide, dofetilide ), arsenic, astemizole, cisapride, domperidone, maprotiline, methadone, paliperidone, pimozide, propafenone, quinolone anti-biotics (eg, levofloxacin), terfenadine, or tetrabenazine since the danger of heart troubles, including irregular heartbeat, might be boosted
- Nelfinavir due to the fact that it could boost the threat of Azimit's side effects
- Rifampin due to the fact that it might decrease Azimit's efficiency
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), carbamazepine, cyclosporine, digoxin, ergot derivatives (eg, ergotamine), nilotinib, phenytoin, rifampin, theophylline, triazolam, or tyrosine kinase receptor preventions (eg, dasatinib) since the threat of their side effects may be boosted by Azimit.
This may not be a total checklist of all communications that might occur. Ask your health care provider if Azimit could engage with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care company before you begin, stop, or transform the dosage of any medication.
Crucial safety and security info:
- Azimit might create drowsiness, lightheadedness, blurred vision, or impaired thinking. These effects may be even worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medicines. Usage Azimit with caution. Do not drive or execute other possible harmful tasks until you know just how you react to it.
- Azimit could create you to become sunburned extra quickly. Avoid the sunlight, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you recognize how you react to Azimit. Make use of a sunscreen or put on safety garments if you have to be outdoors for more than a short time.
- Light looseness of the bowels is common with antibiotic use. However, a more major type of diarrhea (pseudomembranous colitis) might rarely happen. This could create while you use the antibiotic or within several months after you quit utilizing it. Get in touch with your physician immediately if stomach pain or cramps, severe looseness of the bowels, or bloody feces happen. Do not treat looseness of the bowels without initial monitoring with your doctor.
- Tell your medical professional or dental practitioner that you take Azimit before you get any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Long-lasting or duplicated use Azimit might trigger a second infection. Tell your physician if indicators of a 2nd infection occur. Your medication might should be altered to treat this.
- Be sure to make use of Azimit for the complete training course of therapy. If you do not, the medicine may unclear up your infection totally. The bacteria could also come to be less sensitive to this or various other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Azimit only works against microorganisms; it does not treat viral infections (eg, the acute rhinitis).
- Azimit needs to not be utilized in youngsters; safety and security and efficiency in children have actually not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your physician. You will should go over the benefits and also threats of making use of Azimit while you are expecting. It is not known if Azimit is located in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Azimit, contact your medical professional. Review any kind of possible risks to your infant.
All medications may cause adverse effects, however lots of people have no, or minor, adverse effects.
Contact your medical professional if any one of these most typical negative effects continue or end up being annoying:
Diarrhea; migraine; loose stools; nausea or vomiting; stomach discomfort; indigestion; vomiting.
Seek medical attention immediately if any one of these extreme side effects occur:
Extreme allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; rigidity in the breast; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; uncommon hoarseness); bloody feces; modifications in hearing or hearing loss; breast pain; eye or vision issues; uneven heartbeat; muscular tissue weakness; pounding in the breast; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; supplanting the ears; seizure; extreme looseness of the bowels; belly cramps/pain; difficulty speaking or ingesting; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may happen. If you have inquiries concerning adverse effects, contact your healthcare service provider.