BETIXIM (CEFIXIME) INDICATIONS
Betixim is used for treating infections caused by specific bacteria. Betixim is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It works by eliminating sensitive germs.
BETIXIM (CEFIXIME) DIRECTIONS
Usage Betixim as directed by your medical professional.
- Take Betixim by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to decrease tummy inflammation.
- To clean up your infection entirely, continue making use of Betixim for the full course of therapy even if you really feel better in a couple of days.
- If you miss out on a dosage of Betixim, take it asap. If it is nearly time for your following dose, avoid the missed out on dosage and also go back to your normal application schedule. Do not take 2 dosages at once.
Ask your healthcare carrier any questions you could have about ways to use Betixim.
BETIXIM (CEFIXIME) STORAGE
Store Betixim at room temperature level, between 68 as well as 77 levels F (20 and also 25 levels C). Store away from heat, wetness, and light. Do not store in the shower room. Maintain Betixim from the reach of youngsters and also far from pet dogs.
Do NOT make use of Betixim if:
- you are allergic to any type of active ingredient in Betixim or to other cephalosporins (eg, cephalexin)
- you will certainly be having a real-time typhoid vaccine.
Contact your medical professional or health care service provider as soon as possible if any of these relate to you.
Some clinical conditions might engage with Betixim. Inform your doctor or pharmacologist if you have any kind of clinical problems, particularly if any one of the complying with put on you:
- if you are expectant, preparing to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medication, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or various other substances
- if you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, extreme rash, hives, problem breathing, wooziness) to a penicillin (eg, amoxicillin) or beta-lactam antibiotic (eg, imipenem)
- if you have looseness of the bowels, tummy or digestive tract issues (eg, swelling), bleeding or blood clot troubles, liver problems, or inadequate nourishment
- if you have a history of kidney issues or you are on dialysis treatment.
Some medicines could interact with Betixim. Inform your medical professional or pharmacologist if you have any kind of medical conditions, especially if any of the complying with apply to you:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) or carbamazepine since the danger of their adverse effects might be increased by Betixim
- Live typhoid injections due to the fact that their performance may be lowered by Betixim.
Ask your healthcare carrier if Betixim could communicate with other medications that you take. Check with your health care carrier before you start, quit, or alter the dosage of any kind of medicine.
Crucial safety and security info:
- Betixim might cause dizziness. This result may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Usage Betixim with caution. Do not drive or carry out various other possible harmful tasks up until you know how you react to it.
- Do not transform dose kinds (eg, tablets, suspension) of Betixim without speaking with your medical professional.
- Moderate diarrhea is common with antibiotic use. However, a more major kind of looseness of the bowels (pseudomembranous colitis) may hardly ever occur. This might create while you use the antibiotic or within a number of months after you quit utilizing it. Call your doctor today if stomach pain or pains, extreme diarrhea, or bloody feces happen. Do not deal with diarrhea without very first monitoring with your doctor.
- Betixim just works against microorganisms; it does not treat viral infections (eg, the common cold).
- Make sure to utilize Betixim for the complete course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine could unclear up your infection completely. The bacteria might likewise become much less conscious this or various other medications. This might make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Long-lasting or repeated use Betixim could trigger a second infection. Inform your physician if indications of a 2nd infection occur. Your medication may need to be altered to treat this.
- Betixim could decrease the variety of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood. Avoid activities that could cause wounding or injury. Inform your medical professional if you have unusual bruising or bleeding. Inform your physician if you have dark, tarry, or bloody feces.
- Do not get an online typhoid vaccination while you are taking Betixim. It could not function also. Talk with your doctor if you are arranged to obtain a real-time typhoid vaccination.
- Diabetic issues individuals - Betixim could create the results of some tests for urine glucose or urine ketones to be wrong. Ask your medical professional before you change your diet plan or the dosage of your diabetic issues medicine.
- Betixim could disrupt particular lab tests. Be sure your physician as well as lab employees understand you are using Betixim.
- Betixim needs to be used with extreme caution in youngsters more youthful 6 months; safety as well as performance in these youngsters have not been validated.
- Pregnancy and also breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, call your medical professional. You will certainly should discuss the benefits and also threats of utilizing Betixim while you are expectant. It is not known if Betixim is located in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you utilize Betixim, contact your medical professional or pharmacist. Talk about any type of feasible dangers to your infant.
All medications might trigger adverse effects, yet many individuals have no, or minor, adverse effects.
Get in touch with your medical professional if any of these most typical adverse effects persist or end up being bothersome:
Diarrhea; gas; loose feces; nausea or vomiting; belly pain or trouble.
Look for clinical focus immediately if any one of these serious adverse effects happen:
Serious allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; rigidity in the breast; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; uncommon hoarseness); bloody stools; decreased peeing; high temperature, cools, or aching throat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; serious looseness of the bowels; extreme nausea or throwing up; serious tummy discomfort or cramping; unusual bruising or bleeding; genital discharge or irritation; white areas in the mouth; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a total checklist of all adverse effects that might take place. If you have concerns about negative effects, call your healthcare service provider.