Keftab is used for treating certain bacterial infections. Keftab is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It works by interfering with the bacteria's cell wall formation. This weakens the cell wall, causing it to rupture, and kills the bacteria.
Use Keftab as directed by your doctor.
- Take Keftab by mouth with or without food.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Keftab for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Keftab, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Keftab.
Store Keftab at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Keftab out of the reach of children and away from pets.
KEFTAB MORE INFO:
Do NOT make use of Keftab if:
- you dislike any type of ingredient in Keftab or to other cephalosporin antibiotic (eg, cefuroxime).
Contact your physician or health care provider right away if any of these relate to you.
Some medical problems could connect with Keftab. Inform your medical professional or pharmacologist if you have any kind of medical conditions, particularly if any of the adhering to put on you:
- if you are expectant, preparing to end up being pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, organic prep work, or nutritional supplement
- if you have hatreds medications, foods, or other compound
- if you have had an extreme allergy (eg, severe breakout, hives, trouble breathing, wooziness) to a penicillin (eg, amoxicillin) or various other beta-lactam antibiotic (eg, imipenem)
- if you have tummy or bowel troubles (eg, swelling), blood clotting issues, kidney or liver troubles, or bad nourishment.
Some medicines might engage with Keftab. Inform your health care service provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any one of the following:
- Metformin since its actions and also the dangers of its side effects may be increased by Keftab
- Probenecid because it may increase the activities and also the threat of Keftab's side effects
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) since the risk of adverse effects, such as blood loss, may be raised.
This might not be a full checklist of all interactions that may happen. Ask your health care provider if Keftab may engage with various other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider prior to you start, stop, or alter the dose of any kind of medicine.
Important safety details:
- Keftab may create dizziness. This effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medicines. Usage Keftab with care. Do not drive or execute other potentially harmful jobs up until you know exactly how you respond to it.
- Keftab might decrease the capability of your blood to embolisms. Stay clear of tasks that could trigger wounding or injury. Tell your doctor if you have unusual bruising or hemorrhaging. Inform your medical professional if you have dark, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Light diarrhea is common with antibiotic use. However, an extra significant form of looseness of the bowels (pseudomembranous colitis) might rarely take place. This might create while you make use of the antibiotic or within several months after you quit utilizing it. Contact your physician as soon as possible if stomach pain or cramps, severe diarrhea, or bloody stools occur. Do not treat diarrhea without first checking with your medical professional.
- Make sure to use Keftab for the full training course of therapy. If you do not, the medicine might unclear up your infection totally. The microorganisms could additionally come to be much less conscious this or various other medicines. This might make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Keftab only works against bacteria; it does not deal with viral infections (eg, the cold).
- Lasting or duplicated use of Keftab might create a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be altered to treat this.
- Diabetes mellitus people - Keftab might create the outcomes of some examinations for pee sugar to be wrong. Ask your physician before you change your diet or the dosage of your diabetic issues medicine.
- Keftab may disrupt particular lab tests. Make sure your medical professional and laboratory personnel understand you are taking Keftab.
- Use Keftab with caution in the elderly; they might be much more conscious its impacts.
- Use Keftab with extreme care in kids younger One Decade who have diarrhea or an infection of the tummy or bowel.
- Maternity and breast-feeding: If you conceive, contact your doctor. You will certainly should go over the advantages as well as dangers of utilizing Keftab while you are expecting. Keftab is discovered in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you utilize Keftab, get in touch with your medical professional. Talk about any possible risks to your child.
All medications may trigger negative effects, yet lots of people have no, or minor, negative effects.
Check with your medical professional if any one of these most common negative effects linger or end up being aggravating:
Diarrhea; wooziness; frustration; indigestion; joint discomfort; tummy discomfort; exhaustion.
Look for clinical attention right now if any of these serious negative effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; problem breathing; tightness in the upper body; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); anxiety; confusion; dark urine; decreased urination; fever; hallucinations; red, swollen, or blistered skin; seizures; severe or bloody looseness of the bowels; extreme belly pain or cramps; extreme tiredness; uncommon bruising or blood loss; unusual vaginal pain, smell, or discharge; yellowing of the eyes or skin.
This is not a complete checklist of all adverse effects that could happen. If you have concerns about side effects, call your healthcare carrier.