LI (PHENERGAN) SIGNS
Li is used for soothing allergic reaction signs and symptoms, including hives or drippy nose. It is made use of to stop and regulate queasiness and throwing up throughout and after surgery. It is likewise made use of in order to help generate light sleep; avoid as well as treat motion sickness; or treat pain after surgical treatment, in mix with various other medications. Li is a phenothiazine antihistamine. It works by obstructing the websites where histamine acts.
LI (PHENERGAN) DIRECTIONS
Usage Li as directed by your medical professional.
- Take Li by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset takes place, take with food to decrease tummy irritation.
- If you are using Li for nausea, take a dose at least 30 to 60 mins before you start taking a trip.
- If you miss out on a dosage of Li and also you are utilizing it on a regular basis, take it immediately. If it is nearly time for your following dosage, miss the missed out on dosage and return to your routine application routine. Do not take 2 doses at the same time.
- Overdose signs and symptoms may consist of serious sleepiness, dizziness, completely dry mouth, large students, flushing, nausea, vomiting, shallow breathing, and fainting.
Ask your healthcare provider any type of questions you may have concerning how to make use of Li.
LI (PHENERGAN) STORAGE
Keep Li at room temperature, in between 68 to 77 degrees F (20 to 25 levels C). Store far from warm, moisture, as well as light. Do not store in the restroom. Maintain securely shut. Maintain Li from the reach of youngsters and also far from pets.
Energetic Active Ingredient: Promethazine HCI.
Do NOT use Li if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Li
- you have serious central nerve system clinical depression or remain in a coma
- you are also taking astemizole, cisapride, terfenadine, or tramadol.
Contact your physician or health care carrier today if any one of these put on you.
Some medical problems could engage with Li. Inform your medical professional or pharmacist if you have any type of medical conditions, specifically if any one of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, intending to end up being expecting, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any type of prescription or nonprescription medicine, natural preparation, or nutritional supplement
- if you have hatreds medications, foods, or various other materials
- if you have nervous system troubles, bone marrow clinical depression, heart issues, a blood illness, glaucoma, raised eye pressure, low blood pressure, liver issues, prostate issues, Parkinson condition, seizures, or Reye syndrome
- if you consistently eat big amounts of alcohol.
Some medications may engage with Li. Inform your healthcare company if you are taking any other medicines, especially any one of the following:
- Charcoal or lithium due to the fact that they may lower Li's performance
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) preventions (eg, enalapril), astemizole, cisapride, anesthetics (eg, thiopental), methyldopa, terfenadine, or tramadol because adverse effects, such as low high blood pressure and also seizures, could occur
- ACE inhibitors (eg, enalapril), haloperidol, lithium, meperidine, metrizamide, monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) (eg, phenelzine), naltrexone, polypeptide anti-biotics (eg, actinomycin), or trazodone due to the fact that the threat of their adverse effects might be increased by Li
- Bromocriptine, epinephrine, levodopa, or pergolide because their effectiveness might be lowered by Li.
This might not be a total list of all communications that could take place. Ask your health care carrier if Li could interact with various other medications that you take. Talk to your healthcare provider prior to you start, quit, or transform the dosage of any kind of medication.
Important security information:
- Li could cause drowsiness or dizziness. These results could be even worse if you take it with alcohol or specific medicines. Use Li with caution. Do not drive or execute other possible unsafe tasks until you recognize how you respond to it.
- Do not consume alcohol or use medications that may trigger sleepiness (eg, sleep help, muscle mass relaxers) while you are utilizing Li; it might contribute to their effects. Ask your pharmacologist if you have inquiries concerning which medications might trigger sleepiness.
- Neuroleptic deadly disorder (NMS) is a perhaps fatal syndrome that can be triggered by Li. Symptoms may include fever; stiff muscular tissues; complication; irregular thinking; fast or uneven heartbeat; as well as sweating. Contact your doctor at the same time if you have any of these signs.
- Li could cause you to end up being sunburned much more quickly. Stay clear of the sunlight, sunlamps, or tanning cubicles until you know exactly how you respond to Li. Make use of a sunscreen or use safety apparel if you must be outside for greater than a short time.
- Use Li with severe care in the elderly; they may be extra conscious its impacts.
- Li must not be used in kids more youthful 2 years. Major, as well as in some cases fatal, negative effects (difficult or slowed down breathing, sleepiness causing coma) have actually happened when Li has been made use of in kids in this age group.
- Li ought to be utilized with extreme caution in youngsters 2 years of ages or older. The most affordable reliable dose needs to be used in youngsters 2 years or older.
- Pregnancy and also breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, call your doctor. You will certainly have to discuss the advantages and dangers of utilizing Li while you are expecting. Li is discovered in bust milk. If you are or will certainly be breast-feeding while you utilize Li, talk to your physician. Talk about any kind of possible dangers to your baby.
All medications might trigger adverse effects, yet many people have no, or minor, adverse effects.
Contact your medical professional if any one of these most common negative effects linger or come to be troublesome:
Obscured vision; wooziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; nausea or vomiting; throwing up.
Seek medical focus right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the upper body; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); complication; extreme sweating; collapsing; fever, chills, or aching throat; hallucinations; mental or mood modifications (eg, anxiety, delirium, exaggerated sense of wellness, excitability, hysteria, anxiety); seizures; serious or persistent wooziness; shortness of breath or problem breathing; slow-moving or quick heartbeat; shake; difficulty sleeping; unrestrained muscle movements; unusual brusing or blood loss; yellowing of skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that might occur. If you have questions about adverse effects, contact your health care carrier.