LIPAPRAV (PRAVACHOL) INDICATIONS
Lipaprav is utilized for reducing high cholesterol and also triglycerides in certain patients. It additionally boosts high-density lipoprotein (HDL, "good") cholesterol degrees. It is utilized along with an ideal diet plan. It is likewise made use of in particular clients to minimize the threat of heart attack, stroke, and also death due to coronary cardiovascular disease. It is also used to slow down blood vessel obstruction as well as to decrease the need for medical treatments to open up blocked capillary. Lipaprav is an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, additionally called a "statin." It works by decreasing the production of specific fatty substances in the body, consisting of cholesterol.
LIPAPRAV (PRAVACHOL) GUIDELINES
Usage Lipaprav as guided by your physician.
- Take Lipaprav by mouth with or without food.
- If you take cholestyramine or colestipol, ask your physician or pharmacologist ways to take it with Lipaprav.
- Remain to take Lipaprav also if you feel well. Do not miss any kind of dose.
- If you miss out on a dosage of Lipaprav, take it immediately. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dosage and also return to your regular application timetable. Do not take 2 dosages at once.
Ask your healthcare carrier any type of questions you may have regarding the best ways to utilize Lipaprav.
LIPAPRAV (PRAVACHOL) STORAGE SPACE
Store Lipaprav at area temperature level, in between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and also 25 degrees C). Store away from warmth, wetness, as well as light. Do not store in the shower room. Maintain Lipaprav from the reach of children and also far from pets.
LIPAPRAV (PRAVACHOL) MORE DETAILS:
Energetic Ingredient: Pravastatin salt.
Do NOT make use of Lipaprav if:
- you dislike any active ingredient in Lipaprav
- you have liver problems or unexplained unusual liver feature tests
- you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Contact your medical professional or health care carrier today if any of these relate to you.
Some medical problems might connect with Lipaprav. Inform your physician or pharmacist if you have any clinical conditions, especially if any of the complying with relate to you:
- if you are planning to become pregnant
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, natural preparation, or nutritional supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have reduced blood pressure, a severe infection, kidney troubles, diabetic issues, muscle pain or tenderness, or a history of seizures
- if you have metabolism, hormonal, or electrolyte problems
- if you drink alcohol, have jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes), or have a background of liver issues or alcohol abuse
- if you have actually recently had significant surgical treatment or a significant injury
- if you have a particular type of high cholesterol (homozygous domestic hypercholesterolemia).
Some medicines could connect with Lipaprav. Tell your healthcare carrier if you are taking other medicines, especially any one of the following:
- Azole antifungals (eg, itraconazole, ketoconazole), fibrates (eg, gemfibrozil, clofibrate), fluconazole, HIV protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir), immunosuppressants (eg, cyclosporine), macrolides (eg, erythromycin), niacin, non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase preventions (eg, delavirdine), telithromycin, or voriconazole due to the fact that they may enhance the threat of muscle mass or kidney problems
- Cimetidine or spironolactone due to the fact that the threat of their adverse effects may be increased by Lipaprav.
This might not be a total list of all interactions that might take place. Ask your health care carrier if Lipaprav might communicate with other medications that you take. Consult your healthcare service provider before you start, stop, or transform the dosage of any medication.
Crucial security info:
- Lipaprav might trigger wooziness. These impacts could be worse if you take it with alcohol or particular medicines. Usage Lipaprav with caution. Do not drive or carry out various other possible hazardous jobs up until you know exactly how you respond to it.
- Drinking alcohol daily or in big amounts could raise the danger of liver troubles with Lipaprav. Check with your physician prior to drinking alcohol while you are taking Lipaprav.
- Comply with the diet plan as well as exercise program offered to you by your health care service provider.
- Tell your medical professional or dental practitioner that you take Lipaprav prior to you get any type of medical or oral treatment, emergency situation treatment, or surgical procedure.
- Women who might become pregnant should utilize effective contraception while taking Lipaprav. Check with your physician if you have inquiries concerning making use of birth control.
- Do NOT take greater than the recommended dosage without getting in touch with your doctor.
- Report any inexplicable muscle discomfort, tenderness, or weak point to your doctor right now, especially if you likewise have a high temperature or basic body discomfort.
- Lab tests, including blood cholesterol degrees and also liver feature examinations, might be done while you utilize Lipaprav. These tests might be made use of to check your condition or look for adverse effects. Be sure to maintain all medical professional as well as lab appointments.
- Lipaprav needs to be made use of with severe care in youngsters younger 8 years and in those who have not gotten to adolescence; security and also performance in these children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy as well as breast-feeding: Do not make use of Lipaprav if you are expectant. It might cause damage to the unborn child. Stay clear of becoming pregnant while you are taking it. If you think you might be pregnant, contact your doctor as soon as possible. Lipaprav is located in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while you are taking Lipaprav.
All medications could create adverse effects, yet many individuals have no, or minor, adverse effects.
Contact your doctor if any of these most typical side effects continue or end up being troublesome:
Look for medical interest right now if any of these severe side effects happen:
Severe allergies (breakout; hives; itching; problem breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); change in the quantity of pee created; breast pain; dark pee; fever, cools, or relentless aching throat; flu-like signs; muscle mass discomfort, tenderness, or weak point (with or without fever or exhaustion); pale feces; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; severe belly pain; vision changes; yellowing of the eyes or skin.
This is not a full checklist of all adverse effects that might take place. If you have concerns concerning negative effects, call your health care company.