RESTAVIT (UNISOM) INDICATIONS
Restavit is used for treating occasional sleep loss as well as minimizing problem sleeping. Restavit is an antihistamine. It functions by dispiriting the central nerve system (brain) to generate drowsiness.
RESTAVIT (UNISOM) INSTRUCTIONS
Use Restavit as guided by your medical professional.
- Restavit may be taken with or without food.
- Take a minimum of HALF AN HOUR before going to bed to help sleep.
- If you miss a dosage of Restavit and you are taking it frequently, take it asap. If it is nearly time for your following dose, miss the missed dosage as well as go back to your regular application routine. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your healthcare company any concerns you could have concerning ways to utilize Restavit.
RESTAVIT (UNISOM) STORAGE SPACE
Store Restavit at room temperature, in between 68 and also 77 levels F (20 and also 25 levels C). Keep in the original package or container away from warmth, wetness, as well as light. Do not store in the shower room. Maintain Restavit from the reach of children and also away from animals.
RESTAVIT (UNISOM) EVEN MORE DETAILS:
Do NOT utilize Restavit if:
- you dislike any kind of component in Restavit or various other comparable medicines
- you are taking sodium oxybate (GHB) or you have actually taken furazolidone or a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor (eg, phenelzine) in the past 2 weeks
- you are breast-feeding.
Get in touch with your physician or health care provider today if any one of these apply to you.
Some clinical conditions might interact with Restavit. Inform your medical professional or pharmacist if you have any clinical problems, especially if any one of the complying with apply to you:
- if you are expecting or planning to end up being pregnant
- if you are taking any kind of prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or nutritional supplement
- if you have allergies to medications, foods, or various other materials
- if you have asthma, persistent obstructive pulmonary condition (COPD), chronic respiratory disease, emphysema, lung disease, lack of breath, or rest apnea
- if you have clog of the stomach, intestinal tract, or urinary system system; difficulty urinating; diabetes mellitus; ulcers; enhancement of the prostate; glaucoma; cardiovascular disease; hypertension; porphyria; or thyroid disease.
Some medicines may interact with Restavit. Tell your health care supplier if you are taking other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Sodium oxybate (GHB) due to the fact that an increase in rest period and also a reduction in the capability to take a breath are likely to occur
- Furazolidone or MAO inhibitors (eg, phenelzine) due to the fact that severe side effects, such as hypertension and also seizures, could occur.
This could not be a total listing of all communications that could take place. Ask your healthcare provider if Restavit may communicate with various other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you begin, stop, or change the dose of any kind of medicine.
Vital security information:
- Restavit may trigger drowsiness or wooziness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that can be harmful till you understand just how you react to Restavit. Using Restavit alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol could minimize your ability to drive or to perform other potentially harmful jobs.
- Stay clear of drinking alcohol or taking other medications that cause drowsiness (eg, sedatives, depressants) while taking Restavit. Restavit will add to the effects of alcohol and various other downers. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions regarding which medicines are depressants.
- Alcohol, heat, workout, and high temperature could boost the risk of wooziness, lightheadedness, or fainting. To stop these effects, stay up or stand gradually, particularly in the morning. Likewise, sit or lie down at the first indication of dizziness, lightheadedness, or weakness.
- Do not end up being overheated in heat or during workout or other activities since heatstroke could happen.
- Restavit includes doxylamine. Prior to you start taking any brand-new prescription or over the counter medicine consisting of one utilized on the skin, reviewed the active ingredients to see if it also includes doxylamine. If it does or if you are uncertain, call your doctor or pharmacologist.
- If insomnia persists for greater than 2 weeks, call your health care company.
- Use Restavit with caution in the senior due to the fact that they may be much more sensitive to its results, especially lightheadedness, sedation, and also faintness after standing.
- Restavit is not suggested for use in youngsters younger 12 years. Security as well as efficiency in this age have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you conceive, go over with your medical professional the benefits and threats of making use of Restavit while pregnant. Restavit is excreted in breast milk. Do not nursed while taking Restavit.
All medicines could cause adverse effects, yet lots of people have no, or minor, negative effects.
Talk to your physician if any one of these most usual side effects continue or end up being irritating:
Wooziness; drowsiness; completely dry mouth, throat, and also nose; thickening of mucous in nose or throat.
Look for clinical focus right away if any of these serious adverse effects occur:
Severe allergies (rash; hives; problem breathing; tightness in the upper body; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); convulsions; reduced performance; excitability; quick heartbeat; hallucinations; rigidity or pounding in the breast; trembling; wheezing.
This is not a total list of all negative effects that might occur. If you have inquiries regarding negative effects, contact your health care supplier.